Chapter 1

Lame Excuses~♡

It is Sunday today, so Sehun and his sister are planning to have a brother-sister bonding time. While they are waiting for the bus, Sehun accidentally makes eye contact with a girl across the street. The girl just stares at him for a while and walks away swiftly, while Sehun can't help but to keep looking at her back.

Who is she? Did I just see an angel? 

"Oppa?" Yoonhee calls Sehun. Sehun doesn't answer her and keep looking at the entrance of the building where Hayoung had just entered. "Hello?" Yoonhee shouts at Sehun's ear.

"Don't shout again okay." Sehun pinches her sister's cheeks. "I am not deaf Yoonhee-ah."

"I know you are not, oppa." Yoonhee rubs her swollen cheeks. "But you are spacing out." she pouts.

Sehun smiles till his eyes becomes cresent-shaped "Sorry." he pats Yoonhee's head. "Someone just caught my attention just now."


Tomorrow will be the first day of school in Seoul for Hayoung. She has just moved here yesterday since her father got a new job that will gain more money here at Seoul than the one before.

Hayoung is trying on her school uniform. She is quite nervous. Will she able to make friends? Can she adapt to her new school? This kind of questions always comes to her mind.

"Mom." Hayoung calls.

"Yes, dear?" her mom looks at her. "What do you think about this uniform?" Hayoung turns around so her mother will have a better view of her uniform.

"Beautiful. It suits you well." her mother smiles warmly. "My daughter is always beautiful."

"Thanks mom." she hugs her mom.

"Sleeps early okay? You don't want to be late on your first day, do you?" she teases Hayoung.

"Of course mom." she smiles.


"Dad, Mom, I'll go now." Hayoung shouts.

"Be careful!" her father shouts back. "Hayoung-ah, take this umbrella with you. The weather forecast said that it will rain today." her mother hands her a pink umbrella.

"Okay mom."


Hayoung goes to the principal office. She knocks a few times and a teacher comes out.

"Oh, Hayoung!" the teacher smiles at her. "I will be your form teacher for this semester."

"Nice to meet you, teacher." she bows.

"Calm down, Hayoung. Don't be nervous." the teacher laughs. "My name is Park Chorong. And our age difference is not that large but since we are in school now, just call me Ms. Park."

"Okay." Hayoung nods.

"Good. Let's go to your class?"


"Good morning students." Ms. Park greets the student.

"Good morning miss."

"Like I told you yesterday, today we are going to have a new classmate." the students starts cheering. "Alright. Hayoung, come in." Hayoung goes inside and looks at the students who are all looking at her, too. "Introduce yourself." Ms. Park says.

Okay here we go Hayoung.

"Hello everybody. My name is Oh Hayoung. Please be nice to me." she bows. The students applauses. Some also shout, "We will!"

"Let's see where Hayoung will sit." Ms. Park scans the class and suddenly a girl with brown wavy hair raises her hand. "Ms. Park, just let her sit with me."

"Okay. Hayoung, go sit beside Yoonhee."