Heartbreak leads to Revenge

Winning His Heart [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Soonkyu-ah, stop crying!” This is the nth time Hyoyeon told me to stop. She never gets tired, does she?

Tell me how do I stop crying? My boyfriend cheated on me. I just found out about it now, on our fifth anniversary! That jerk, he’s nothing but an evil jerk!

Hyoyeon continued comforting me, rubbing my back and kept on telling me, “It’s okay.  You’ll find a better man. He’s not worth your tears.” But I cried even more.

What does he take me for? I’m not that easy!  He did not only break my heart, he hurt my pride! And aish! That , she is not even good looking! B-but.. She knows how to cook! And me? Let’s just say that cooking is not my forte. 

But does he even need to bring up the topic about my nonexistent cooking skills during our argument?! Damn you, Siwan Oppa! I shall take revenge!

 

 

What day is today? May 19, 2014! It’s our fifth anniversary. I’m on my way to Siwan Oppa’s office, bringing with me a packed lunch. I know I may not be the best cook, but I really worked hard on this.

Siwan Oppa likes women who know how to cook. And he liking me, who practically knows nothing about cooking, it must be some miracle. But nothing is impossible in love, right?

It’s almost summer, I love summer! Though the temperature is getting warmer day by day, the wind is still sometimes cold. I’m wearing a sleeveless floral dress with a white cardigan over it paired with my black oxford shoes.

Finally, I arrived in front of the building where my boyfriend is working. I went inside and the lady in the front desk smiled at me. Yes, we’re friends! She’s a really kind eonnie towards me. She told me that Siwan Oppa is in his office and I made my way towards the elevator. After getting inside the machine that will lead me to Oppa’s office, I pressed the 13 button. Oppa’s office is in the 13th floor.

Ding!

I arrived at the 13th floor. And I walked, more like I ran towards the office of Oppa. I’m excited to see him on our fifth anniversary. This morning, when I woke up, I checked my phone and saw his message. It said, “Good morning, jagiya~ Rise and shine! Happy fifth anniversary. :)” I know it lacks those three magic words, ‘I love you.’, but I should learn to be contented.

I arrived in front of the door of his office. My boyfriend is a marketing manager of the second largest corporation in South Korea, Jung Group Corporation.

I opened the door slowly without knocking. I expected to see him reading some files or maybe typing something in his computer. But no, what I saw is beyond my comprehension.

He’s sitting on his chair with a woman on his lap and her lips are on his lips. THEY’RE KISSING! I blinked my eyes, hoping I’m just seeing things. But it was all in vain. They’re still kissing, almost eating each other’s faces.

The packed lunch I was carrying dropped on the floor with a thud. With that, they stopped kissing and placed their gazes on me.

The stared at me with a scowl on her face, mad because I interrupted their making out session. While Siwan Oppa was shocked, his eyes widened and his mouth slightly agape.

It hurt. My lower lip trembled and my eyes started to sting because of the tears that were threatening to fall. “YOU BASTARD!” I yelled.

“Ya! Who are you calling bastard?” Does this girl have no shame?

“SHUT UP, YOU ! I AIN’T TALKING TO YOU!” I yelled louder, steam practically coming out of my nose and ears. I looked at Siwan Oppa once again and said, “YOU WILL REGRET DOING THIS!”

With that, I turned around and walked away. I arrived in front of the elevator and I pressed the going-down button. Tears are falling nonstop, staining my cheeks.

I was then yanked by my arm, harshly making me turn around. I was met by a face that I don’t want to see right now.

“Let me explain.” Siwan Oppa said.

I should not call him Oppa anymore. He may be older, but he doesn’t deserve my respect! He’s a jerk!

“What? Explain how you were practically trying to eat each other’s face?” I spat.

“It’s not like that. You see, she’s just a friend. She initiated the kiss!”

I scoffed, “Friend? Where are we, America? Where kissing can just mean as a friendly greeting? No, we’re living in South Korea for Pete’s sake! And I don’t care who initiated the kiss. Bottom line is, you still kissed her back!”

“Soonkyu-ah, calm down first-“

“Calm down? CALM DOWN? ARE YOU REALLY TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN?! HOW THE HECK DO I CALM DOWN WHEN I JUST WITNESSED MY FIVE-YEAR BOYRIEND KISSING SOME GIRL?!”

Siwan opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

“WHY? WHY DID YOU KISS HER? BECAUSE SHE’S PRETTY? I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE INTO PRETTY GIRLS SINCE YOU ALWAYS CALLED ME CUTE AND NOT PRETTY! OR MAYBE BECAUSE SHE’S TALL? Y? WHY, IS SHE A C-CUP? OH, SO YOU LIKE TALL GIRLS WITH BIG S?”

“Soonkyu, let me talk first. Chef Lee Sohyun is just a friend of mine. I was wrong. I admit it was my mistake-“

“Chef Lee Sohyun? CHEF? AH! SO THAT’S WHY YOU LIKE HER? BECAUSE SHE’S A CHEF? ARE YOU TIRED OF HAVING A GIRLFRIEND WHO DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO COOK?-“

“Hey! It’s not my fault that your cooking is horrible!” My hand immediately flew across his face. I just slapped him.

I gasped at what I just did. But never did he tell me that my cooking is horrible, not even once until now. It hurts.

Ding!

The elevator doors opened and I went inside. “Oh, and in case you’ve forgotten, we’re over!” The doors slowly closed and the last thing I saw was the dazed face of my ex-boyfriend.

 

 

It’s late night already and I’m here at a pojangmacha, or in English ‘small tented restaurant’. Hyoyeon ditched me because she has a date with Eunhyuk, her boyfriend.

Oh, isn’t she’s the greatest friend ever? I love sarcasm.

“Ahjumma! Give me another bottle of soju!” I can drink up to three bottles of soju. Yes, I know I can drink well. I’m the best, aren’t I? But this is already my fifth bottle and I admit I’m drunk already. I’m so dizzy.

After finishing my fifth bottle, I placed paper bills on my table and stood up. When I was outside the tent, the ahjumma shouted, “Agassi! You paid a lot, this is too much!”

I continued walking, “Just take it and keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter