I love you, goodbye

Snowflakes

                His blue feline eyes watches the white delicate snowflakes as it floats above his hand, tickling his pale skin as it begins to slowly disappears into thin air. A black tattoo that could be recognizes as a snowflake that was on the back of his right hand is slowly fading its color. The white strands of his hair were changing into brown and also his bright blue eyes. They all changed and Xiumin could feel his body getting weaker and weaker. His pale chapped lips slowly forming a sad smile. Today is the last day of winter. The last day of snow, the last day of the cold air of winter. Time flies so fast for Xiumin. He couldn’t believe it was already the day. No regrets the pale boy thought to himself.

“Xiumin!”

That voice… Xiumin turns his body to see the owner of the voice. A tall blonde boy had called him as he ran hastily towards the other. Sehun… The said man runs and immediately wraps his arms around the smaller’s body. Hugging him tightly as if his life depends on him. Xiumin hesitantly hugged his lover back, immediately feeling relaxed as he buries himself to the other’s chest. Inhaling Sehun’s addicting scent, a sudden rush of warmth runs through Xiumin’s body. Sehun… Sehun pulls away slightly after moments later but his hands are now on his love’s waist securely. The taller stares down at Xiumin with those same perfect brown orbs that made Xiumin fell in love with him. It was the same orbs that managed to get the two of them into this mess. Xiumin could see the anxiety and sadness filled the younger’s eyes, which make Xiumin feels like he’s the worst guy on earth. It’s hard for Xiumin to leave Sehun.

“Xiumin…” Sehun spoke softly with care and gentleness. The boy brought his hand up to the other’s now brown hair gently. “Your hair.. your eyes.. They’ve changed..” Sehun said. Xiumin could only nod due to his inability to speak. Yes, Xiumin is mute.

Xiumin could still remember when both of them met –it was under a big Christmas tree on a cold night at the central of the city. He could still remember how awkward it was when Sehun suddenly offered his hot chocolate to him. He could still remember how warm he felt when Sehun smiled brightly at him despite how cold that night was. He could still remember everything that had just happened in this one year –after a few minutes of Sehun talking with the muted boy, Xiumin decided to take out his blue notepad and apologize to Sehun and told him that he was mute. Sehun was rather startled at first but the boy just gave him a smile and continued talking, which, Xiumin didn’t mind. He really liked to hear other people talk. As the night goes darker, the two must leave not before exchanging numbers that is. For the next two days, Xiumin and Sehun mostly spend their time with each other just to get to know better one another. And that two days, managed to make Xiumin bear a unfamiliar feeling, love.  It’s ridiculous how Xiumin could fell for the cheeky blonde boy within only two days. Sometimes, Xiumin couldn’t believe himself either. But these feelings were wrong to Xiumin. He could never be together with Sehun because, not only Xiumin but for Sehun was bad. You see, Xiumin wasn’t a normal human being. Xiumin was gave a gift by the gods the power of frost. But for Xiumin, this gift was more like a curse. Not because of his powers but the state of his body that couldn’t adjust to any weather except winter. He couldn’t survive outside the winter because there isn’t any snow. If there isn’t any snow, Xiumin’s powers will go weaker because it was due to his body inability to adjust. And if his powers ran out, Xiumin will eventually die. This horrible curse was symbolize by the snowflake tattoo that was on the back of his hand. But, Xiumin would never expect that Sehun, would confess to him at the next day when Xiumin realized his feelings. “Hyung, I know we just met three days ago but –I-I like you. Would you go out with me?” He could still remember the blush on the younger’s face when he stuttered the words to him. Xiumin was speechless. A part of him wanted to say yes and just tackle the younger with a hug while showering kisses over his face. But a part of him also wanted to back out, runaway from the younger so the two of them could be avoid being hurt. He was already too late though, when a pair of thin lips pressed against his own. Xiumin’s mind went blank and he couldn’t even stop himself from wrapping his arms around the taller’s neck and gently kissing him back with as much as love that Sehun gave him. The two pair of lips moved against each other and the kiss turned more passionate after that. When the two finally pulled apart, Sehun lips formed a soft smile as their foreheads touched. And that time, Xiumin decided to take the risk and smiled back to his lover. Though, he couldn’t tell Sehun about his powers and all of those other stuffs. No, Sehun could never know about this. Not until the right time. The cold winter slowly passed by and spring came to greet them with much more warmth. Their lov was also getting stronger and stronger as days had passed. Xiumin didn’t felt weaker either though it isn’t winter time. And Xiumin thought, that all of that information Suho told him was just a myth.

 

He was so wrong.

 

When summer came by, Sehun was already graduated from high school and was majoring in Engineering in college. Sehun also moved in to his place a few weeks later. When autumn arrived, the two were all lovey-dovey and likes to cuddle under Xiumin’s white duvet. And at that time, Xiumin lost his ity to the one he loves the most. But Xiumin couldn’t help to feel scared as he buries himself further to Sehun’s warm body and forced his eyes to close. Winter finally came and on the first day, Xiumin didn’t felt his body getting stronger. In fact, he felt a lot weaker. Which, isn’t normal for him. That afternoon, Xiumin decided to ask Suho about this.

“Xiumin.. you should’ve leave when you had your chance. This is bad –why did you have to force yourself huh? You know your body cannot survive outside winter and you just forced yourself so you can be with that Sehun guy right? Hyung, listen, your body is now immune to the snow. It can’t heal you anymore and- and, your powers are slowly draining and you know what happens next after that. Minseok.. y-you’re dying.”

Xiumin himself couldn’t believe how stupid he was. Of course, Xiumin had already knew from the beginning the risk of being with Sehun. Yet, he decided to ignored it and even called it a lie. How foolish of him he could ever think that an outcast like him could ever blend with a human as perfect as Sehun. He’s dying. I’m dying. Sehun would eventually forget him when he’s gone, right? He hoped so. It doesn’t matter how Xiumin is hurting right now, as long Sehun was happy, Xiumin’s happy.

 

It was all because of Sehun.

 

For the rest of the winter season, Xiumin tried his best to always be at Sehun’s side. Not that Sehun minded of course. But his lover’s behavior was making the younger worried. As time flies, Xiumin was getting weaker and weaker. He even needs Sehun’s help just to stand on his feet. Sehun always asked him, “Hyung, are you okay?” and he even asked, “Hyung, tell me what’s wrong..” and it made Xiumin’s heart crumble bits to bits. I’m sorry Sehun. I’ll tell you eventually.

 

“Hyung,” Sehun’s voice managed to snapped Xiumin out from his daze. “Hyung, why didn’t you tell me about.. this?” Sehun asked –almost like pleading. The older couldn’t even look straight at his love’s eyes due the guilt that was rushing over him. Sehun sighed softly as he rest their foreheads against each other and his hands were beside Xiumin’s face, keeping it from moving, though his eyes went downwards instead to Sehun. “Minseok,” the said man tensed when he heard his real name. Only Sehun, just Sehun who knew his real name. He really hope that Sehun will remember him even when he’s gone but he knows, it’s the best for him to forget all about the young man named Kim Minseok. Xiumin was rather sad to be honest. “look at me.” Sehun added as he stared at his hyung with intense gaze. Xiumin was hesitant but as he slowly turned his gaze to the taller, he, once again, felt like melting into the younger’s arms. He was pulled into the sea of love and passion as well affection just with those brown pair of beautiful eyes. Sehun felt the same way. The two didn’t remember how but the two of them were already wrapped around each other’s body as their lips molds perfectly in synch with the overflowing emotions that they held a few moments ago. The kiss was soft and delicate yet passion was clear in every move of their lips. They pulled away after with heavy breathes that was visible with the cold air surrounding them.

The tip of Sehun’s finger brushed away the tears that was flowing over those plump pale cheeks. “Minseok.. don’t cry..” Sehun said with a soft smile. Huh? Xiumin brought his hand up to touch his cheek and yes, he is crying. He didn’t even noticed when the hot salty tears had fell over his cheek. He quickly rubs his cheek with both of his hands and he shakes his head at Sehun, saying that I’m okay although, he knew it himself it was a lie. Sehun once again hugged the older boy though not as tight as before. “Hyung… i-i- are you really going to d-die?” Xiumin could only nod. He could feel Sehun’s heart slowly breaking in every second passed. It made his heart break too. “Is it really hopeless? I can’t do anything to.. s-stop this?” Xiumin shook again. I’m sorry. But I wish there was away too. Sehun took a deep breath and eventually pulls away. He knows that time was ticking. After he exhaled, he smiled at Xiumin. He smiled as if today was like any other normal day. “You’re so stupid you know that?” Xiumin couldn’t disagree. He was stupid. He sacrificed himself just to spend one year with Sehun. He is stupid. A smile also appeared on Xiumin’s lips. I know, Sehun.

The younger male leaned forward and gave Xiumin a warm kiss on his forehead and tucked the other’s head under his. “Hyung, I love you. So, so much. Don’t forget that okay?” Sehun said with his voice rather shaky. He was trying his best to not cry in front of his beloved. He didn’t want their last day together was filled with tears and sadness. No, he wanted his Xiumin to be happy. His happiness was his happiness. Xiumin nodded his head at his question and slowly looked up to Sehun. Xiumin mouthed something to the younger boy with a smile, before the elder vanish slowly right in front of Sehun’s eyes. No. Sehun screamed. No! Don’t go! Hyung!! The blonde boy collapsed on to his knees. Tears were flowing from his eyes as he screamed in frustration to an empty space that was where Xiumin had stand.

 

I love you too, Sehun. Goodbye.

 

He’s gone. His one true love, was now gone.

 

 

inspired by Ed Sheeran's A Team -"pale lips, breathing in snowflakes"

 

✴✴✴

 

Author's Note

Hey guuuuuuuys!! 

I planned to update this waay sooner but my school forced me to go on their boyscout now i'm so tired bc yesterday the tent was wet and i didn't get much sleep unu

Now, how was this fic? I tried my best okay. I can't bear with sad endings but i just thought of this when i heard Ed Sheeran's song lol.

Anyway, thankyou for reading!