Another Forever

Another Forever

"I didn't hoping for more,
Just another forever for us"


 

 

Kyungsoo sat at his desk on the fifth floor of his office building. His desk was covered with promotional materials and items that called for his attention as the associate director of public relations for their large denomination. There were a new roles in his life now-"Widow"

After serving nearly two years as a typical worker in a typical office, his husband, Kim Jongin's death from cancer had certainly changed the direction of his life. Left after an one year old marriage, living and working in a company with a lot of money his husband left was his new life.

Focus on the latest project, he was interrupted when a secretary from one of the departments walked into his office and tossed a professional resume on his desk while saying " You'll be interesting in this." The secretary, Baekhyun, smiled. "He's our new guy. Single."

Kyungsoo was courteous, but miffled. One thing he didn't need was the concerted interest that had been shown in his "aloneness"-which he doesn't wanted to admit the it's all because he still missed his late husband. At age of 24 there was certainly, in the back of his mind, the idea that he wouldn't remain single forever; He had enjoyed a good marriage and considered that someday that might be his pleasure again. But not right now!

As he opened the folder to consider which news sources would get the latest release that he would prepare, he silently glance at the profile. What the hell?

Kyungsoo's big round eyes sticked at the picture. THe 'new guy' photo really attracted him. He thought that this is the second time his eyes can stuck on a picture longer than 10 seconds after his-late-husband's photo. He slowly took the profile folder and read it silently. 

Name: Wu Yifan

Age: 27

Status: Single

 

What?

At age of 27, this freaking Yifan guy was still, SINGLE?

Forget that one, Kyungsoo! what in the world was my friend thinking? My husband just died 6 months ago!

 

 

In the following two weeks he did his duty, he interviewed the 'hottest' guy and sent the proper media outlets his most impressive work history, extrolling the benefits of his having left his home mission assignment to join this company.

To be honest, when Kyungsoo first laid eyes on the tall guy, he swore that he can't feel his heartbeat. ! that guy was seriously hot! Kyungsoo shouted mentally, This time, he had to admit what his friends had been saying.

The interview went on very well even Kyungsoo was having a dificult time as he looked at the guy. It was hard to pretend keep looking at his profile when he actually was avoiding his gaze from looking at Yifan.

 

 

2 days later, Yifan got a letter telling that he accepted at the company.

 

 

days changed to weeks, and weeks changed to months.

When he started being comfortable working there, he grow closer to Kyungsoo

And Kyungsoo hate -love- it.

 

 

One fine evening, Yifan stopped him on the balcony walkway as Kyungsoo was leaving the director's office. With a strange combination of cool-ness and hot-ness, Yifan asked if he had a minute.

"YES!" Shout Kyungsoo mentally. But he wanted to look cool too so he answer in the most cool-startling-way "Yes, Yifan-sshi"

"I was just wondering..." Yifan scratched the back of his neck. "Have you come to the place in your life where you would care to go to dinner with a gentleman?" seeing Kyungsoo was about to say something, Yifan quickly added, "Other than your.. err.. Late husband."

Kyungsoo smiled and asked, "Who would be the gentleman?"

"What if I said, it's me?"

A question replied with another question.

 

 

Kyungsoo felt stupid but somehow he loved it. After that 'date', they became a couple. he had been teased by his officemate about "I'm not into relationship. At least, not now."

It all begin with a sudden, unexpected and delightful friendship that soon blossomed into 'something' else. Kyungsoo found underneath his superficial judgement one of the finest and most loving man -after his husband- he had ever known. An example of his godness was expressed as he let me talk about my personal loss, and he shared openly about his life. The best was when Yifan can easily made him melt in just one kiss.

There was this part when their director treat them for a drink at a nearly bar. Kyungsoo has thought that he was just gonna drink one glass but end up with drinking 3 glass full. enough to make him half sober. when he was walking to the toilet, he hit someone's shoulder and his condition aren't strong enough to make him stand controllably. 

Luckily Yifan camr on the right time and grab his waist. The latter brings his head almost closer to his chest. They shared a look befor Kyungsoo-the half sober guy- lean forward and connected their lips. 

 

And Kyungsoo thinks, that was the best-drunk-kiss ever.

 

 

After only a few months date, dinner and else, it was obvious that they were going more than a 'date'. One evening, after a dinner at a exclusive restaurant, Yifan looked at the smaller with what Kyungsoo had come to call his "baby brown" eyes. With that, he still says was an uncommon courage, he took Kyungsoo's hand. "I kow that you had a wonderful husband, and that you loved him very much. I know that you promised to love him forever," Yifan paused, then continue, " I was just wondering, do you think that maybe you could love me for another forever?"

Yifan wasn't asking him to forget his first love, he was asking that Kyungsoo would like to consider extending his love to include himself. Kyungsoo did not hesitate. The smaller replied with a kiss, which mean, 'yes'.

 

 

Less then 5 months later, they were married and here they are now, on their 3rd wedding annivessary with their only son, Wu Sehun and their beloved friend who celebrated their unexpected union. They have walked through many things; celebrated mountaintops, experienced joy and tears, gains and losses and all that served only to make them stronger.

 

 

 

And they keep walking together-for another forever...

 


 

A/n:  I know this is bad but, don't kill me. 
        And oh! You can make this mpreg or not. it's up to you. :)
        Untill next time.

 

P/S: I'll edit later, kay?

XOXO,

K