Chapter Ten: For The Sake Of Bubble Tea

PRISM ft. EXO


Chapter 10: For the sake of Bubble Tea

His sparkling eyes turned into a devil's stare, his angelic smile was completely gone. Wait . . . Don't tell me he was here all along, eavesdropping at our conversation. I thought they had an event to attend to or they were supposed to perform today or a recording to do? Yixing Syndrome alert! I should really quit texting him where I am. 

 "O. . . Oppa?" she  stammerred, panicking or is she going to faint. I don’t know, maybe all of them. If I was in her situation I’d be ashamed by now.

 "I . . . I didn't mean to . . We're just practicing for a play. Yeah it was for a play right Nam?" she reasoned out. What  a lame excuse. Who would buy that kind of excuse? Certainly not him, or maybe he would if he was an airhead to start with. But somehow I managed to smile, a fake one with a hidden message behind it. That was saying yeah believe whatever she says it’s your choice.

 "I've heard enough to know that everything you’re saying right now is a lie." he said walking towards the two of us. Okay, maybe he was not such an airhead.

"I . . It's not what you think . . . I . . I just" she muttered while slowly walking backwards with tears in her eyes.

"You can't fool me now. I already saw what's hidden behind that not - so - angelic face of yours. And I'm such an airhead. . .” And he was bullying her now. I know it was not that angelic, but did he have to say that in front of her.

" I agree." I whispered, earning a glare from him.

". . .  to believe this silly act of yours. And sunbae can you please stop calling me oppa." he continued with a smirk on his face, making her cry and run towards the door.

"You made her cry. And plus don't you know that eavesdropping is illegal." I reasoned out.

"I really should quit texting you." I muttered. 

"Yah! Wae? If I didn't stepped in she could have slapped you by now. " he pouted. For the sake of Bubble Tea! Take him away from me or I might melt.

"Because these kind of things happens when you're around."  I replied.

"I'm hungry!" I blurted out sitting on the floor holding my stomach.

"Kaja!" he said as he sat in front of me, as he held his hand out.  As soon as I lifted  my face up, his brown eyes met mine. 

"Eodi?" I asked.

"Bubble Tea!" He held my hand and dragged me to the entrance of the building.

"Yah!" I stopped pointing at the fans outside the building.

"So?" 

"What if you got caught by the fans?" he put on his hoodie and mine, too.

"This is not enough! I'm sure they'll recognize you. Then you'll appear on the headlines and articles online, then you'll lose fans, then. . . " I said walking back and forth.

He held me on both shoulders and whispered " As long as you're that girl. I don't care." he grabbed my hand and ran towards the fans scattered in front of the building. 

And there we were running for our lives. I knew this would happen but he just ignored me. You stubborn, airhead, childish, deer whom I still love and I don't know why.

Scenes like these doesn't usually happen in fairytales. But no matter what happened he would still be my prince. I was pretty sure there was a prince hidden somewhere those childish acts, his stubbornness, his competitiveness, and his forever young baby face.

I never imagined running with him, well certainly not like this. His hand holding mine might be the best feeling in the world. It was just six months ago since I first met him, technically it was 2 years ago when we first came into the company. Time flied really fast and within 6 months we were going to release our first teaser.

We stopped for a moment to catch our breaths. I didn’t know how far we have ran. There was just one thing I was sure of -  that we were not being chased by his fans anymore, and that we would appear on the headlines later on.

“I told you this was a bad idea.” I said, still catching my breath from that long meter run.

“It’s fun! And look.” He replied pointing at the bubble tea store in front of us. What did he say? It’s fun? Can I have the permission to smack his head for once so that he would know the difference between fun and exhausting?  But on the other hand I finally got to have my bubble tea which I’ve been waiting for so long.

“Treat me?” I teased.

“Do I have a choice?” he replied pulling me towards the store.

We ~ I meant he ordered for me, one taro bubble tea and one chocolate mint flavor. We stayed for a few minutes inside the shop to ensure that there were no fans lurking outside. 

Flashes of camera are the only thing I could see right now. Fans these days are experts in playing hide and seek. We thought that the coast  was clear but as soon as we got out of the store, fans and reporters started asking us loads and loads of question ~ wait, reporters? Oh no! Mr. Kim is going to kill me the moment he finds out about this. 

“Do you know each other?”  Duh, Do we look like strangers to you? And I would like to answer that question with a No! No, we don’t know each other. That’s why were together running for our lives before going here. Nope, certainly not. I don’t even know who Luhan is. But I would gain haters before our debut if I did that, or are we even going to debut after this?

“Are you two dating?” Certainly not! We just met 6 months ago, and plus he’s not courting me. Don’t you know the saying ‘Chinese boys are for Chinese girls’ and he’s a Chinese and I’m not so what you’re saying Sir is impossible.

“Is she a trainee?” Yes I am! And we’re going to debut soon, so why don’t you stop clicking your cameras and stop following us, or else our group won’t get a chance to debut.

If only I could answer them one by one, I would. But I am protecting our group, mine and his. And If I gave them a statement, they might misinterpret it, and another rumor might arose.

They are still following us with their flashy cameras and microphones. When will these people ever stop? Is this the reality of being an idol? Being chased by fans and reporters everyday? I don’t think I can handle this kind of thing.


“Yah! Why did you stop?” I asked. But he just ignored me and continued on what he is doing, which is intertwining our hands. And I am now shocked. Why is he intertwining it? It would  just cause more issues for us and more haters for me.

“Is she your girlfriend?” another reporter asked, fans were giving me death glares. Why is this happening? Why now? We’re going to debut in 6 months time and it looks like it will be postponed because of this issue.

“She’s my yeojachingu!!” He announced, lifting our intertwined hands for everyone to see. What the? Who the? Why the? Ahh!! What is he doing? Luhan you pabo, don’t you know that this would only make things worse.

“Uhh. I’m not his yeojachingu. We’re just friends.” At last, my voice came out. I tried to clear things out, but I think my statement rather makes things complicated. And reporters once again started to bombard us with questions.

 

“What the hell are you two thinking?” Mr. Kim whose now furious, and frequently checking his laptop for articles that’s about to come up.

“I . . . I’m sorry Kim-ssi.” I respond, bowing my head down. And tears are about to fall, but I can’t let them see that I’m crying right? I can’t be fragile, especially at these times. I wiped that one tear that escape from my left eye. 

“Nam you are aware that you’re group is going to debut in 6 months time. What comes to your mind, that you let him drag you on that bubble tea store?” he yelled. “And you Luhan, you know that this issue would affect everything, your career, your fans and so as the other members. Did you ever consider the possibility that they would not get a chance to debut because of what you’ve done?” Mr. Kim added.


“I didn’t mean to . . . I just thought that If I announced that she’s my girlfriend, the issue about us going to a bubble store would evaporate. And it’s not her fault, so don’t blame her.” Luhan answered.

“Are you out of your mind? Announcing everyone that she’s your girlfriend would only makes things worse than what it originally is. Both of you are at fault here.” 

“Look!” he said, opening the T.V behind us. We are currently at his office with PRISM and the other 11 boys.

The reporter who was showering us with questions few minutes ago is now reporting the issue about us. The footage shows the one where Luhan intertwined our hands and announcing that I’m his yeojachingu, and ending it with my not-so-good looking photo. 

“And now, how are you going to clear this issue?” he asked, turning off the T.V and looking back at us. 

“We can make them appear as a stage couple. It would be a great start for PRISM, having us EXO as their close friends would totally gain them fans.” Suho suggested.

“And it would also gain us anti-fans.” Jin retorted.

“That’s the only way.” Chanyeol voiced out.

“It can’t be the only way. And plus Luhan has a ‘No Dating Contract.’ ” Shin respond.

“It already expired a year ago.” Luhan replied.

“And what about Nam?” Jin asked, pointing at me.

“She doesn’t have a ‘No Dating Contract’. It is not given to your group yet, since you’re just trainees.” Mr. Kim spoke. 

“And that might actually work.” He said as he put one finger on his chin and slowly letting out a smile, making all of us focus on him.

“What would work?” We chorused.

“That you and you” he said, pointing at me then at Luhan. “Should act as a stage couple.” He continued.

“Mwo?!” Luhan and I chorused, or is it really just the two of us who said that? A . . . a stage couple? Is he crazy or what? I can’t do that, but for the sake of my group and his I would do everything they say just to clear this rumor.

“Wait what? Can you say it again Kim-ssi?” I uttered. 

“Eonni, Kim-ssi said that you and your . . .” Ai who is interrupted because of my sudden death glare at her. I know what she was going to say. “I mean Luhan and you are going to be a stage couple.” She continued.

“What do you mean by stage couple?” I asked again, looking directly at Mr. Kim whose smile is creeping me out.

“Nam ,it means you’re going to act sweet in front of the camera. Like for example if you are going out of the building with Luhan, you should hold hands and be a couple for a few minutes and after that you can seperate ways and act like friends again” Kris explained.

“Thank You for that explanation Kris. And it would be a good promotion for your group since you would perform EXO’s songs, on your showcase, just like on your Youtube videos and the ending would be the composed songs you made.” Mr. Kim elucidate. 

“Sounds cool to me.” Luhan answered. I nudged him on his side. “So, wait we’ll stay as a couple until they debuted?” he asked.

“Yes.” Mr. Kim simply answered.

“And what about the fans?” Jin asked.

“They’ll get fond of it eventually. They might support your OTP when you girls debuted. And more shows for the two to appear on, means more money for Soo Man. Business is business girls. They’ll do everything to market their artist, even if it’s a simple couple issue like this. They’ll surely make something out of it that’s profitable.” Mr. Kim explained. 

“Don’t you boys have your schedule on Simply KPOP?” Mr. Kim said, and with that statement they all ran to the door. “And you girls, you still need to practice right?” he added.


Few days have passed as we continue to act as a fake couple. But it doesn’t seem fake at all. But I must say that PRISM and EXO became close after that issue happened.


“Yah! You’re mimicking me!” Chanyeol said.

“No I’m not! It’s just that you’re the first person I heard saying ‘I am pogi’ with an accent.” Shin who is now rolling on the floor laughing.

“And what’s wrong with saying I am pogay? (corny -_-)” Chanyeol asked who is now irritated, but he still managed to smile.

“Isn’t that a segment on Showtime?” Ai chirped, earning a laugh from the four of us.

“Showtime? As in EXO’s Showtime?” Tao asked.

“No! That’s a show in the Philippines.” Ai replied.

“When will they stop?” Baekhyun asked pointing at the two who are laughing their off on the floor. And I have no idea why Chanyeol is laughing.

“Give them some time.” I respond. “Wae? Are you jealous bacon?” I teased.

“For the last time it’s Baekhyun, not bacon. And no I am not jealous.” He answered, flipping his hair.

“Jinja bacon?” I teased again, slowly moving closer to him.

“Yup, certainly not. And Nam will you please stop calling me bacon, it irritates me.” He replied.

“But I like calling you bacon.” I pouted. “And that’s the other reason why I call you bacon.” I added.

“Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon.” I cheered happily while clapping my hands teasing him.

And the next thing I knew is that he was chasing me. Is he really a guy? I ran faster than him. I picked up the pillow lying on the sofa and toss it to his direction which was at the door but he dodge it, and the pillow flew directly on the one who opened the door.

“What are you doing?” Mr. Kim asked.

“We were practicing.” Jin answered, all of us went to our places.

“And the pillow?” he asked again, holding the pillow on his right hand.

“Eonni! I saw him!” Seo Yeon chirped happily, who just entered the room.

“Him?” Mr. Kim asked curiously looking at Seo Yeon.

“Jeno! I saw him Kim-ssi.” Seo Yeon answered with a smile plastered on his face.

“Jeongmal?” the four of us chorused. She nodded. It’s her first time seeing her crush, bubble tea is another story if you are going to ask.

“Enough fan girling. I have something to announce.” Mr. Kim’s  announcement, broke our giggles.


“You girls are going to shoot your teasers starting tomorrow.” Mr. Kim announced.

“Daebak!!” We chorused, jumping up and down.


“Ahhh! That hurts!” I shrieked. It was our 3rd time filming this scene and I keep hitting that stupid lamp. All I need to do is to lift my face up in front of the camera, but the lamp beside me isn’t cooperating with my actions.

“Can I take a break?” I asked, and the director permitted. 

I went out of the studio where they were shooting our teaser. My head hurts and I need a cold compress and something to eat too. I’m pretty hungry too, so might as well use this time to eat. I was walking down the hallway of SME, but the feeling is different from before, all eyes are on me. I even heard them saying that I am a gold digger, and that I only wanted to be famous, that’s why I used Luhan to be my fake couple.

But I just ignored it. I went outside, instead of going to the cafeteria, because I’m pretty sure I’ll hear more insults there. I went to my favorite sweets shop here in Seoul. It was just a few meters from SME. And the same thing happened. All eyes are focused on me.

“Isn’t she that girl that Luhan was dating?” 
“It’s her. Gosh Luhan oppa has no taste in picking girls.”
“I agree. She is not that pretty.”
“Girls, stop based on her looks. It looks like she seduced Luhan” 

I ran outside the store the moment I heard the word seduced. Is that really their impression on me? Gold Digger? Flirt? I went to my hideout here, where no one else can see me. Far from people who judge me just by simply looking at me.

 I knew this is going to happen. But what I didn’t know is the pain it would cause, the effects of it on me. I bowed my head and cried in silence while remembering how we first met. 

It was the day where EXO went to Manila for their concert. And as a fan of course I went to the airport to see them in person, since I don’t have the money to pay for their concert. At that time I didn’t have a chance to even see them. Due to sea of fans, and I was being pushed that time. 

I was about to leave the airport when I slipped and yes I slipped. I even saw the ‘slippery sign’ but I just ignored it due to my desperation. But I was shocked that I didn’t touch the ground which is what I was waiting for. And when I opened my eyes, an angel  was right in front of me smiling. An adorable deer, those eyes that I am longing to see, and that flawless skin of his that I envy. His hand on my waist and my hand won his shoulder. Just like what you see in telenovelas.
     
I immediately stood up, hiding my face since my face is going to be a tomato any time now. And seeing him for the first time makes me crazy, added with our position. 

“Kwenchana?” he asked.

“Nae. Mianhe.” I bowed, then I started walking away from him.

“Miss! You forgot your . . .” that was the last thing I heard from him. 

I am such an idiot. He’s right in front of me. I have all the chance to ask for his autograph, a selca perhaps or to  give him the necklace, but . . .aish . . By the way, where did I put that necklace. I searched my bag but it was nowhere to be found. I retrace my tracks but I didn’t see any necklace. It must have been lost from the stampede that happened earlier.

I was lucky that I saw him face to face, in person, but I was unfortunate that I lost that necklace, that one thing I always wanted to give to him. The money I saved just to buy that necklace, forget about the money, the value is more important. And now the necklace will not be completed because the other one is gone.

● Luhan’s POV ●

“Miss! You forgot your necklace!” I shouted, but it seems like she doesn’t hear me.

“Luhan! We’re going!” Suho called. I decided to keep the necklace as a remembrance, maybe we’ll see each other again and I can return this necklace to her. But by that time I doubt that she’ll recognize me. 

I placed the necklace inside my bag and run towards the boys who are waiting for me. Philippines is a beautiful country, and I’m glad that we’re back here for another concert.

“Hyung that’s a stunning necklace.” Baekhyun said, referring to the necklace I am holding.

“Where did you get it?” Kris asked.

“A fan dropped it.” I simply answered.

“And you kept it?” Chen asked this time. I nodded.

“Can I have it?” Baekhyun asked.

“Andwae!” I answered, putting away the necklace and stash it in my backpack.

They are making me hurry a while ago, but we are still here on the airport waiting for our manager. I thought I was the only one they’re waiting for. All I can see on the window are fans screaming, until my eyes went on her. The girl who dropped the necklace. She was looking for something, maybe she was looking for the necklace. I wanted to give it back to her but I can’t, there are too many fans and I’m afraid this may start an issue, and the girl would be bashed.

I just stared at her, she smiled, an angelic one but suddenly it changed into a frown, muttering some words. I can’t hear it since she was far away from me, and I don’t speak their language to understand what her lips are saying.

The van started to move slowly, because of the fans that’s circling around our van. My eyes are still stuck on her. She sat on the ground and bowed her head down, and that was my last glance from her.

I can’t say I like her because she’s someone I admire. Hoping that one day we’ll cross our paths once again and I can return her necklace. It looks like that the necklace has it’s sentimental value on her, based on her reaction. But for now, I’m keeping it as a remembrance from that clumsy girl I met on the airport.

●Nam’s POV ●

“Crying alone doesn’t make things better.” A voice interrupted me from my trail of memories.

“And why do you care? Just leave me alone.” I replied in an annoying tone.

“I know you just wanted someone to tell your problems too.”

“I don’t need your shoulder to cry on. I have mine.” I sarcastically replied. 

“Nam! You’re name, it’s Nam right?”

“How did you know my name . . . Oh right my name appeared on the news.”

“You know, it’s not that bad to have someone calling you gold digger, user or flirt, or whatsoever they wanted to name you. As long as you know that everything is not true, you can pass any obstacle life throws at you.”

“Wait, are you stalking me?” I asked. How did he know that I were being called a gold digger, flirt, or user. Or is it the talk of the town again?

“Aniyo!” he smiled. “It’s a lucky guess I think.” He added.


“You know you should go back to your shooting. They might be looking for you right now.” He said, patting my head.

“You are stalking me!” I cried. How did he know about the shooting. 

“I am not!” 

“Then how did you know about the shooting and the . . . you are definitely a stalker!” 

“Secret” he whispered in my ear, and started to walk away from me.

“Yah! Sunbae? Oppa? Saeng? Whatever you are. Whoever you are. Tell me why you’re stalking me?!” I shouted, but he just waved at me as a sign of goodbye.

I went back to SME after talking to that weird guy I met. I don’t know if he’s a sunbae, oppa, or my dongsaeng?

“Nam! Where the hell have you been?” Jin asked

“And why are your eyes puffy?” Shin questioned, pointing at my swollen eyes.

“Did you cry unnie?” Seo Yeon curiously asked.

“Aniyo! Maybe because of the wind outside that my eyes became red.” I replied sitting on the corner of the room.

After a few shoot the director is finally satisfied with our teaser. I am exhausted and my head hurts with all of this happenings.

I went straight to my room the moment we arrived at the apartment, opened my laptop and directly went on facebook. This is the only thing I can say that was not hacked by the fans, my weibo, tumblr, and my other account in facebook, plus my twitter account got hacked after that issue so I have no choice but to delete them, but my other accounts are still safe.

As I were browsing my timeline, a photo caught my attention, reading the comments on the said photo turned my eyes into  red, swollen, and puffy eyes. I just closed my laptop and bang my head on the headrest of my bed and continue to sob in silence because I don’t want to wake the girls from their beauty sleep. I don’t want them to know that I am so fragile. 

I want to keep it all by myself. No one must know that I am in grief. I decided to go out at around 1 am, to feel that icy feeling that’s pretty close to what I’m feeling right now. Alone, I am all alone sitting on this swing. 

“You’re alone again?” a familiar voice frightened me. I scanned the whole area but I didn’t see any one, not even a shadow. I am starting to get scared now. 

Since I was a kid I’m scared of ghosts, and anything that has no explanation. Like, aliens, evil spirits, and everything that’s related to the word horror. They creep the hell out of me. And right now, I am terrified. Just imagine your all alone in a park sobbing by yourself and you suddenly heard a voice but the one who owns it is nowhere to be found, wouldn’t that frighten you?

I heard another movement from the bushes on my right side. I can see it on my peripheral vision, but out of curiosity I decided to take a look on what’s hidden behind the bushes. Curiosity killed the cat, but I don’t care, cats have nine lives so she can  be killed nine times. It’s not my fault if you saw a cat lying on the street, dead. 

“Meow.” And a cat came out of the bushes.

“You, stupid little cat. I thought you’re dead. You scare the hell out of me.” I said. 

“Scaredy cat” a voice startled me. I glance at the one who is talking behind me.

“Stalker!” I blurted out. He’s the one earlier. He’s starting to freak me out. How did he know that I was here? Eottoke?

“I already told you I am not a stalker. And why are you here all alone, with those tears in your eyes?” he replied pointing at my puffy eyes.

“You are a stalker. How did you know I’m here? And why do you care?” I respond, cross arms.

“It’s a coincidence. I’m just walking around and decided to buy food, then I saw you here crying alone on a winter night.” 

“Buying food at 3 am on a winter night? Are you crazy?” 

“And you’re not? Sitting here alone on a winter night . .” he paused and grabbed my hand. “See, your hand is freezing, and you’re shivering.” He continued.

“I don’t care! I wanted to be alone! You don’t know anything about me and I don’t know anything about you, so just leave me alone!” I shouted, removing my hand from his grasp.

“Come on!” he said, grasping my wrist again pulling me from where we were standing.

“Yah! Where are you taking me? This is kidnapping!” 

“Don’t you know I am going to be an idol soon, and I can’t afford to have another issue again, one is enough. And plus I’m to pretty to be kidnapped.” I continuously said, trying to remove my hand from his grasp, but I failed.

“I am not going to kidnapped you, you’re too pretty for that as you said a while ago. I’m just taking you to somewhere that’s warm, and not freezing. Don’t you know that the cold could damage your crystal voice, and what if you caught a flu. You’re a pabo, an airhead just like your wangja.” He said in a concerned tone, as he flicked me in the forhead

“Yah! That hurts!” I yelled rubbing my forehead. “You’re totally freaking me out. How did you know about the wangja, gongju thing . . . and about my crystal voice. Our teaser is not out yet.” I added.

“You’ll find out soon angel.” He simply answered and patted my head.

“Yah! I am not a puppy!”

“But you’re so cute.”

“I know right?” Vanity strikes! Yeah I’m vain, it’s just not obvious.

“Tss.. vain, egocentric, magniloquent, vainglorious, arrogant . . .” he who is enumerating every synonym of the word vain.

“Whatever! I’m going home.” I replied walking on the other direction.

“Jeongmal? You’re not scared to walk alone? You know I heard that ghosts appear on this very street.” I’m not scared, I continued walking, but after a few steps I went back when I heard a noise down the road.

“I thought so.” He laughed.

“Fine! Laugh at my misery! But I am not walking that road ever again.” 

“You know it’s 4:00 in the morning, wanna grab breakfast?” he invited looking at his watch.

“Uhh . . Yeah, there’s only one problem. I have no money.” I replied, showing him my empty pockets.

We grabbed breakfast and eat it at the bridge where I first saw him. This is one of my favorite place in Seoul, the place where I can feel that I am secured, where I can scream and ignore my ed up world. And he is the first person to see this secret place of mine. Even the girls doesn’t know about this place.

“Why are you being nice to me, even though I treated you like garbage and as a stalker, and kidnapper?” I uttered looking at the skies, waiting for the sun to rise.

“I have my reasons.” He answered. “Don’t you know that it was my first time seeing the sun rise?” he added.

“Same. Though, I wanted to experience it with someone special.” 

“I know, you wanted to see your first sunrise with him.” He whispered, as he slowly move his way to my direction.

“Yah! I can’t see!” I shrieked. 

Of all the time we spent waiting for the sunrise, why must he cover them now when a ray of sun emerge on the skies.

“You said you wanted to see your first sunrise with him right?” I nodded. “I’m just saving your dream.” He added, as he removed his hands from my eyes and all I can see is the sun all set.

“You should go home now.” He spoke, patting me again in my head.

“Yah! I told you I’m not some sort of animal.” I exclaimed, removing his hand from my head.

“See you again, angel.” He smiled and started to walk on the other direction. I did the same thing too. The girls are going to kill me when they found out I’m gone. But the last words I heard from him is bugging me.

“At least I get to see my first sunrise with my special someone.” Is it me? Or . . . It is impossible to be me. I didn’t even know his name so how can I be he’s special someone right?


Perfect timing the girls are not awake yet. And it’s only 5:30 in the morning, I can still catch some sleep. Our practice doesn’t start in 4 hours so I still have some spare time to sleep.

I entered the company walking like a zombie. I thought our practice starts at 10:00, but what the hell happened that it was moved to 7:00 in the morning.

“Nam, are you drunk or what?” Shin asked.

“Just a little bit sleepy.” I answered.

“Sleepy? You’re the first to doze off last night. So . . . Wait don’t tell me you went out of the apartment?” Shin said, making the girls look at me.

“Aniyo! I was just busy browsing the net. I miss my SNS accounts.” I reasoned out.


● Anonymous’s POV ●


I drank the last drop of soda on my cup while recalling my memory of her. How did I fall with this clumsy, childish, silly, crybaby, scaredy cat, and let’s add vain and arrogant angel of mine. I wanted to call her princess but that was taken by her prince charming.


It was my first day of practice here in SME when I saw a confused and lost little girl. Yeah I call her little girl then since she looks innocent and young, based on her face you won’t believe that she’s 1 year older than me.

I wanted to approach her, but she bumped to Luhan. You can see the expression on her face that she likes him, like, really, really, like. I still had no feelings for her at that time. I was just staring at the two of them, Luhan who was shaking her and asking her if she’s alright, but she’s just standing there like a statue, she began to gain conscience when her phone rang, and I am right she’s lost. Luhan was about to say his name when Mr. Kim pulled her and lectured about wondering alone in the building.

Luhan on the other hand who was left there standing let out a chuckle when Nam passed by her. That’s her name right? That’s what I heard Mr. Kim said. Luhan passed by me with a smile plastered on his face.

I always see her with her friends. They’re all beautiful and talented; I am lying in the heavens above if I wouldn’t say that. But she’s the one who stands out among them. I fell for her with her sweet smile, and her childish, innocent acts. That’s the time I started stalking her. For the record she’s right for calling me a stalker.

As time passed by, my heart really fell for her. I gathered up my courage and finally decided to talk to her. I don’t know if she’s aware that I exist but who cares. But at that same time I decided to talk to her was the time when I saw her and Luhan running on the halls of SME with Luhan holding her hand.

Jealousy, envy, that’s what I felt when I saw the two of them together. However I decided to watch them from afar. As Nam was walking back and forth Luhan held her shoulders and whispered something, and they ran outside where the fans are scattered.

I knew it was a bad idea, because you know. Luhan, an EXO-M member.  I’m sure he has tons of fans that are eager to know the connection between the two; and I am right. It really did get out of control when I saw their faces on T.V and the running and the intertwining, Ok I’ll stop now.
But what hurt me the most is when I saw her crying alone on that bridge. It was my secret place too, where I can feel the breeze of the air and where I can find serenity from the chaotic and hectic world of the entertainment industry. 

I hate seeing her crying, but I can’t do anything. I just take this as an opportunity to talk to her for the very first time. She really was stubborn and keeping her problems all by herself, and don’t forget that he called me a stalker. 

Great now she thinks I’m a stalker. That just proves that she really didn’t know me at all. That I don’t exist in her world. I just shrug it and think positively that there will be a next time.

It was a winter night when I saw her again, alone sitting on that swing. And wait, is she crying again? For pete’s sake why is she crying again? I tried to talk to her again but it doesn’t seem like she noticed me, instead she went on that bush beside her and slowly take a peek on what’s inside it while shaking, is it because of the cold or is she scared of what’s out there.

I laughed on her reaction when a cat came out of the bush. She’s talking to it like it would respond to her, that’s when I tried to talk to her again, this time I was standing behind her, for her to see me.

Once again she called me a stalker. How many times do I have to say that I am not a stalker? I can see that he’s shivering so I grabbed her hand, and its freaking cold. When will this girl ever learn? 

I wanted to take her on a store or some shop or just some place warm, but she misinterpreted it as kidnapping, then her vainness attacks. I though teasing her by enumerating some synonyms of vain would make her smile but it backfired causing her to leave, after what I said she started to run towards me and blaming the road that there was something out there.

Time really flies when you’re with your special someone. It was already 4:00 in the morning when I looked at my watch. I invited her for breakfast, hoping she would agree, and when she did a smile form from my lips, though I doubt that she saw that smile, because she was already walking ahead of me.

We just sat there for an hour or so waiting for the sun to rise, when she asked why am I being nice to her, when she’s not, to me. I wanted to answer it with a ‘because I fell for you and I think I love you’ but I was too coward to say that so I just simply answered “I have my reasons”.

It was my first time seeing the sunrise and to think that it was with her too, but unfortunately she doesn’t feel the same way. I know that she doesn’t want to spend her first sunrise with me, but with him, and her statement answered my question.

I just covered her eyes so that she would still see her first sunrise with him. Even though it hurts hearing these words coming from her. I must bear with the pain and face the reality that someone has captured her heart and it’s not me. After that I left her whispering the words “At least I get to see my first sunrise with my special someone.”

I rested my head on the sofa thinking about her. Her innocent eyes, her sweet smiles and everything that makes me smile every time I see her. 

Feelings are only temporary; they will change as time passed. Luhan must be the one who captures her heart but I’m not backing down to win my way in her heart. All Luhan is doing, is making her cry. Now that she already recognized me, is not the time that I should back down and let him have her. 

● Nam’s POV ●

Few days have passed and I started to distance myself from Luhan. I know its not his fault. But every time I’m with him I can’t help to think the possibilities that could happen. And it is reminding me of those mean words I am recently hearing everywhere and on social sites.

“Gongju!” Luhan called, but I pretended that I did not hear it and turn on the music on maximum volume. I need to clear my mind, to free my mind from stress. 
I can ignore him and distance myself from him since we’re not outside the building where fans can see us.  

Days have passed and I am still avoiding him. And they are starting to shower me with questions, but I just ignored those questions and kept on listening on my phone. 

“Yah! Baek give me back my phone!” I yelled, chasing Baekhyun who now holds my beloved phone. 

“Andwae! Answer me first!” he replied.

“I didn’t even know what your question is, so how am I supposed to answer it?” I said.

“Ok here it is.” He stopped from running. “Why are you avoiding Luhan hyung?” he asked.

“I am not avoiding him. We don’t need to pretend that we’re a couple inside the building right? This is just normal.” I bitterly replied, yanking my phone off of Baekhyun’s hands.

“Nam quit the act! I know you’re hurt.” Jin said.

“No I’m not! Why would I?” I replied, holding in the tears that are forming on the corner of my eyes.

One thing I hate is someone calling me names, especially someone calling me a flirt. I decided to go to the powder room, to splash my face with some cold water. 

“You know, that’s what you get for seducing him.” A familiar, rather annoying voice spoke.

“I have no time entertaining you sunbae.” I replied and went out of the rest room.

“Do you hate me?” an angelic voice startled me from my back.

“I don’t . . . it’s just that . . . uhh I don’t know how to say this. I just want some alone time, to think.” I replied looking at him, but my attention went from his expression to the necklace he is wearing. That’s exactly the one I lost 4 years ago, the one I was supposed to give to him. You mean the one I forgot was the necklace and he kept it? Why in the world would he keep a necklace that was dropped by a fan due to her clumsiness?

“That necklace. Where did you get it?” I asked, pointing at the necklace.

“Oh this. I got it from a fan; she dropped it when she slipped on the airport. It even has that ‘slippery sign’ on it and she just ignored it. If I was not there she could have fallen hard on the marble tiles on the airport. So I decided to keep it, hoping I would meet her one day.” He answered with a smile on her face.

“Do you like her?” I curiously asked.

“I adore her.” He simply answered.

“Waeyo? Are you jealous?” he teased.

“Asa ka!” I replied.

“Mwo?!” he said following me.

“Nothing.” I grinned. I am really enjoying teasing him. 

“Yah! What is it?” he uttered.

“Nope. Not telling.” I replied. 

“See. I told you it won’t last long, they’re back together again.” Kris said pointing at the two of us who just entered the room. I have no idea why they are always in our practice room. 

“Come on gongju tell me what it means.” He pouted.

“Still, no. Aegyos don’t work on me.” I answered.


And finally the time has come for our teasers to be posted in public. After a week or so, our teasers reached a million views on Youtube. Within a week were finally going to debut, and have our own showcase.

I should be practicing right now, but here I am strolling alone. I’m tired and exhausted from the non-stop practice, so I decided to take a quick break, the girls are peacefully sleeping inside the practice room. 

“Why is it that whenever I see you, you’re always alone?” I lifted my face up to see who it is. Him? How did he?

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’m a trainee here.” He answered. A trainee?