Chapter 3

Cupid's Apprentice

Zelo reported back to Himchan. He told him everything that he learned. 

"Really? That's it?" Himchan said. Zelo nodded. "Well damn."

Himchan ordered Zelo to go another day and 'spy' on Young Guk. He didn't do anything new. Just stayed home pretty much. Then the next day came.Zelo had the same orders as before. Sadly, yet again, nothing new. Himchan was getting fed up with it all.

 

"Ah this man has no life. He doesn't do anything. There's nothing we can do if he stays home all day!" Himchan exclaimed. Well stood there, unsure of what to say. Hickman thought about it for a long time, "I got it! Zelo you're no longer going to be invisible. Make conversation with him, make friends with him." 

"Wait what? You want me to talk to him??" Zelo was confused. 

"Yep, figure him out." 

Zelo gulped. Dreading this, because he was a bad people person. 

"So it's decided, you'll go back but don't make yourself unseen." "Yes sir."

"Good boy hehe." Himchan smirked. 

 

The next day, it was time for Zelo to go on his mission. He told Him he goodbye and left. When he got to the mortal world, he made sure he was able to be seen. He saw where Young Guk was. He was in a small cafe, drinking coffee and reading a book. 

"Oh geez, how do I even approach him." Zelo said to himself as he was staring in though the cafe window. He took a deep breath and walked in. He sat at the empty table next to Young Guks. 

He fiddled with his fingers and stared downward. What do I do? How do I get his attention? 

As Zelo was filled with thought another man came and sat at the table with Young Guk. 

Oh I know who that is. That's young jae. Oh geez what do I do now? I can't just interrupt them.

As he was sitting there lost in thought, Young Jae got up, went to his table and sat down. Zelo looked up, confused. 

"Umm..." Zelo said.

YoungJae smiles,"hi there cutie. My name's Youngjae," he looked up and down Zelo, examining him. 

"Um, nice to meet you?" 

"What's someone as cute as you doing in a cafe alone? Meeting your girlfriend?"

Zelo just started trying to process everything. 

"Boyfriend??" YoungJae said, more intrigued. 

"Well, um, I, um,  was just..." Zelo couldn't think of anything to say, luckily he was cut off by Young Guk. 

"I'm sorry, ignore my friend. He's just a weirdo," he said as he pulled him back by his collar. Zelo just laughed nervously. 

"Wait, wait, cutie let me get your number, or at least take mine." YoungJae leaned over and pulled a pen out of his pocket, as he quickly wrote down his number. "YoungJae stop, you're scaring him. Look kid I'm really sorry, we should go before he practically jumps on you." Young Guk pulled back his friend out the door. 

Zelo sat there, confused as can be. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Young Guk sat there, waiting for his friend to get out of the restroom. He was reading a book and noticed a kid sat down at the table next to him, he thought nothing of it. YoungJae came back and sat down. 

"Dude I got it, you're just not putting yourself out there enough." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I bet you've never gone up to a random girl, and started talking. You're too routine!" YoungJae teased. 

"I guess, but I've never seen you do that either." He responded.

"Well you've never been to a gay bar with me, now haven't you? " 

Young Guk thought about it, "eh whatever, bet you couldn't just go up to anyone." 

"Is that a challenge?" YoungJae was always up for a challenge.

"Fine then, it is," Young Guk smiled and leaned in close, "you see the kid next to us, hit on him, try giving him your number." 

YoungJae looked over, and saw him looking down. "Awe he's so cute and innocent looking. I feel like I'd scare him," YoungJae pouted. "You not gonna do it?" YoungJae looked and Young Guk and stood up. He went over and sat at the table. Young Guk stayed and watched.

oh my gosh, this kid looks so scared. I feel so bad for him. I should step in. Young Guk stood up and got YoungJae, it took some time but he eventually got him outside, after apologizing to the boy. 

"I can't get much done if you step in like that," YoungJae said.

"Dude he was practically traumatized." 

YoungJae laughed, "well now we can never comeback here."

"Yep, agreed." 

"I bet you he'll call, or text though," YoungJae said. 

Young Guk laughed,"okay then, sure," he stated sarcastically. 

"He will, I know it." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you got hit on by his friend?" Himchan asked. 

"Yep," Zelo said, showing him his number. 

"Well this isn't a bad thing I guess. Figure out them both, we could kill two birds with one stone. We can plan out YYoungJaes love life, and Young Guk."

"But that's mean, using YoungJae, only to get to Young Guk."

"So is accidentally ruining someone's love life,"Himchan said coldly. Zelo stopped talking. "Okay ,so text him when you choose to and try to figure him out. Just don't fall in love," Himchan teased. 

"Yes sir."