Chapter 1

Cupid's Apprentice

"I-im sorry Youngguk, I just can't do this anymore," she said as she turned away. 

Youngguk just said,"okay." 

"I feel like you don't even care," she told him as she shook her head and walked off. 

Youngguk couldn't find love. The girls he dated would always leave him. His love life is considered horrible by everyone. He doesn't let all the relationships faze him though. At first he would get very emotional and sometimes cry in front of whoever dumped him, but after a while, it sort of became a routine thing. He got used to it so when a girl said bye he said okay.

He decided to call up his best friend, to tell him what had happened.

"Ah really? I'm sorry but you're a hopeless romantic." 

"Well thank you Youngjae, that made me feel so much better," Youngguk said sarcastically. 

"Okay okay enough sarcasm," Youngjae said,"why don't I treat you to dinner and we can talk more there, okay?"

"Okay," Youngguk agreed. He headed off, walking to youngjaes house, which wasn't far. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zelo, what is this?" Cupid said as he pointed to the table in front of him, which was showing, what looked like a video, of Zelo shooting an arrow at girl accidentally. The girl was alone, on her way to meet her boyfriend. When Zelo shot, he shot her. The girl wasnt hurt, she couldn't have been, but her eyes met those of another guy, causing her to instantly fall in love with him. The rest of the video was the girl going to meet her original boyfriend, just to break up with him.

"I'm sorry it was an accident. My finger slipped," Zelo pleaded. 

Cupid sighed,"Well now, I have to work on a entirely new plan for this 'Bang Young Gum' guys love life. This girl was supposed to stay but no, all because you screwed up." 

"Himchan I'm sorry," Zelo said looking down. 

Cupid, was the God of love. He known for his arrows which fill people with love, or at least that's what people thought. The arrows fill you with desire, not love. Only you can decided whom you truly love. The desire is just to help keep the two people together. To make sure they have that chance of loving or being loved. Cupid let's all the immortals, in Mount Helios call him be his real name, Himchan. Himchan is very busy, he has to keep track of everyone's love life. Seems like he wouldn't have anytime to go to the mortal world to shot people with arrows, right? Well he doesn't. He has an apprentice, named Zelo. Zelo acted like a kid but he knew his job was important. Being cupids apprentice wasnt something you could take lightly. There was even a strict set of rules he had to follow. He had them hung on a plaque in his room. 

Rule 1: Always consult Cupid before making a plan for someone. 

Rule 2: Watch your aim

Rule 3: Dont let mortals see you

Rule 4: Always close the gate, when coming back to Mount Helios from the mortal world

Rule 5: You must never, and I mean never fall in love

Zelo didn't mind the rules though, well he didn't like rule 5. It really bothered him but he would never tell Himchan though.

Himchan held his face in his hands. Zero could tell he was pissed. He was only this mad because the mortal known as Youngguk was always being dumped by girls. This was a problem that not even Cupid could solve. 

"Well," Zelo spoke,"maybe if he wasn't so cold, then girls would stay with him. He just has to change a bit." 

This angered Himchan even more. 

"Zelo, people don't need to change for love. Love will find you no matter how weird or how rude or even how cold you may be. This who change for the person they love, don't understand love," Himchan went off. Zero looked down again, he didn't like making Himchan angry. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did she tell you anything about why she left?" Youngjae asked.

"Nope, just a 'i can't take this anymore' goodbye," Youngguk said as he sank into Youngjaes couch. Youngjae went to the kitchen and grabbed two beers and gave one to Youngguk. 

"Thanks," he said as cracked it open and took a sip,"am I that unloved?" 

"Girl are complicated. That's why I stick with guys," Youngjae said. Youngjae was Youngguks best friend. They've known each other since grade school. Youngjae was gay, and was kicked out of his house when his parents learned about his ual orientation. Youngguks parent let Youngjae stay with them when they learned what happened, so they were pretty much brothers.  

"Yeah, maybe I should try dating a guy," Youngguk said. 

Youngjae looked at him,"You know I have a friend who would love to go on a date with you."

Youngguk smirked,"C'mon Youngjae I was joking. If I were gay I would've tried dating you already." 

"Oh so you think I'm attractive, huh?" Youngjae said, doing over dramatic model poses. They both laughed and Youngguk took another sip of his beer. 

"Well who knows, maybe I should try something with a guy," he said.

"Well which is it? Guy or no guy?" Youngjae asked. 

"I don't know. It's just a thought." They both shrugged it off. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zelo was in his room. He let Himchan cool down before trying to talk to him again. Zero thought about the mistake he made. He remembered what was going through his head at the time. He was thinking about rule 5. It had never bothered him before but he was thinking about it more and more. He spent all his time making sure people found their love, so why couldn't he find his. His had slipped because he was looking at a happy couple, whose he remembered when he made them fall in love and desire one another. As he wasn't paying attention his finger let go to the string causing the arrow to soar. 

He sighed as he sat in his bed, thinking about how he can never fall in love.