five

hold onto me

I took off my coat and wrapped it around her, knowing that wouldn't cover her from the rain. Her long red hair was damp and so was her uniform. She looked more pale than usual but when she turned to look up at me, her eyes were dazzling.

" Seung Hyun. " She grinned cheekily. 

" Are you an idiot or something ?! " I shouted, feeling the anger vibrating in me. Why would she do something like this for a delinquet like me ? " It's raining, you should have gone home! " 

Her smile faded slowly, " But we would have missed each other if you had come when I was gone. "

I could feel the rain pouring on me and wished it could wash over my frustration. " There was no proof that I'd come! "

" But you did come. " I just realized she was holding a basketball in her hands. " I just wanted to help. " She said.

" Aren't you tired of helping me, Lee Park Bom ? " I growled and pushed the ball out of her hand. It bounced off on the wet ground. " Whatever your aim was, I would never be like you. I don't deserve your ... care. "

She opened to say something but hesitated. " I know you, Seung Hyun. " She looked down at her shoes, her fringe covering her eyes and I wondered if she was sobbing.

" You don't. " I said, taking a step back. " No one does. " I almost choked, feeling the ache behind my eyes. 

" How would people know if you wouldn't let them in ? "

" They leave eventually. " I muttered.

She looked up at her for the first time in forever. It was hard to tell whether she was crying or it was the rain but I could hear her from the inside. She was crying. But for what, Lee Park Bom ?

I cried too. 

" Seung Hyun. " She pushed herself into my arms and hugged me tightly, her small hands on my back. I was too surprised to react.  " I will always be with you. " She patted me gently while I was crying like a little boy, wrapping her tiny body in my arms and resting my head on her shoulder. I don't remember crying that much but She felt good; like home.