Home alone

Milk and Kookies

Four days into your spring vacation and you have done absolutely and completely nothing productive the whole entire day from when you awoke. You have been lying around on the couch in your living room with a purple fuzzy blanket covering you in your lounge clothes watching nothing but Korean dramas and eating pizza. From time to time you would take out your 3DS and play your Pokémon Y game or use your Nokia Lumia to Snapchat your friends, message your friends on Facebook, look up kpop gifs on Tumblr, and look up YouTube videos of EXO. The drama you are watching is almost over, you glance at your phone to check the time; 5:44p.m. You sigh out of complete boredom, the day is almost over and you have done absolutely nothing exciting again. "Another productive day." you say to yourself.

Suddenly, you can hear your parents in the other room talking, you hear your mom speak in worried tones, you turn down the volume of the tv to listen in on their conversation. "Do you think she will be alright home alone?" you hear your mother say. "Of coarse I am positive she can take care of herself, she is 17 after all." your father says. "I know but I can't help but worry if anything were to happen to her." your mom says. "She will be fine, she has her phone for in case of emergencies after all." you hear your father speak again. Now you hear footsteps coming towards you, you turn up the volume again pretending that you didn't hear what you have just heard.

"We have some news for you." you hear your mother say, as you see both of your parents come from the hallway and into the living room. "What is it?" you ask, acting as if you did not just overhear their conversation. Your mother and father are both real estate agents that work for the same company, from time to time they would go on business trips but they would be back before you got home from school. "Honey, we have an important business meeting to attend for the next three days." your mother says. "We will not be back until Monday morning" your father added. You are kind of shocked at these statements, now you know what they were talking about you being alone. "So am I just going to be home alone for the next three days?" you ask, still halfway pretending to be dumbfounded. "That's right." you hear you father say. "You can do whatever you want for the next three days, just make sure you clean up by the time we get back, nothing too wild." your father added with a playful wink. "Just say no to drugs and don't do anything you don't want to do." your mother said in a worried tone. "Mooooooooom, Daaaaaaaaaaad, I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE ANY CRAZY PARTIES, I SWEAR!!!" you say to both of them. Both of them can't help but chuckle at your reaction, they know you are a good kid and they know you are not a social person. You barely invite anyone over and whenever they invite their friends over you usually stay in your room and don't come out until they are gone. "Will you be okay by yourself?" your mom asks in a worried tone again. "yeah." you say in a relaxed tone, but in your mind you keep contemplating of whether you actually would be or not. "Well, if anything does go wrong make sure to call us okay, and don't worry you won't be completely alone.... you have your boyfriend don't you?" you hear your father say. A small tint of pink takes over your face at this statement. Yes, you had a boyfriend but he was usually busy with baseball practices and singing lessons, he barely had time to spend with you, not that you really cared that much, but you couldn't help but miss him.

It is 6:12p.m. when your parents start to head out the door after their chaotic, crazy fast packing. Before they leave you embrace both of them in a really tight hug. You are nearly to verge of tears saying "I will miss you!" to both of them. You cannot help but think you are in kindergarten again holding on to them both tightly not ever wanting to let go on the first day of school, crying saying you want to go home and pleading them not to leave, but you know you have to let go sometime and fearing for your life for that time to come. Back to reality, your mom kisses you on the cheek goodbye and as if planed synchronized in saying "We love you and will miss you!" they both say. They let go and then you let go your embrace right after they do, their flight is at 7:00p.m. and they don't want to miss it so they leave and shut the door behind them. You watch out the window as you see them get in the SUV, pull out of the driveway, and drive away into the night. This was the start of you being home alone for more than twenty-four hours and you couldn't be more scared in your whole entire life.

 

 

 

*Author's Notes: Hello everyone!!!! GOSH I really did not expect or plan this story to be long, but here we are! Excuse my poor excuse of something I call grammar *sobs eternally because I don't even know how I got into enriched English for 3 years straight now* I promise I will continue this story no matter what even if I gain no subscribers or friends! Please go easy on me this is my very first story I kid you not! Anyways I cannot wait to continue this heehee well I am outie it is 2:55a.m. right now... so anyways please subscribe and hopefully I will update the next chapter soon mmmkay? Saranghae chingus! ~<3