It Was My Fault

So Long
Please log in to read the full chapter
  ~ Part 1: It Was My Fault ~  

     I sprint down the stairs, almost falling and landing on my face several times, but that doesn't make me any more careful than I am already being. I rush into the living room and frown when I find it is completely empty. I tiptoe to the kitchen door and peak in. There, I see my four girls sitting at the kitchen table. With a grin from ear to ear, I run into the room, nearly slipping and falling on my stomach. It was a bad choice to wear socks and run on tile.

     I regain my balance and pull my socks off; jumping on one leg and then the other. I throw my fuzzy, pink socks to the side. "It's our anniversaryyy~" I sing, while dancing combination of Mr. Chu and I Don't Know. "Three years'a being a group! Where has the time gone~?" I spin around and pose in the most gangsta way I know. "Uh, yeah, three years we being a group here. Being down right adorable and pink," I rap, "we got the cuteness, yeah, baby, can I getta holla?"

     When I don't get a holla, I stop acting like a complete and look at the girls before me. Suddenly, I am able to see and even feel the gloom that fills the entire room. "Oh," I whisper, "did something happen?" I walk to the table and place a hand on Naeun's shoulder. "What's wrong, dear?"

     Naeun takes in a shaky breath, "we miss Yookyung." She mutters and in the next second, she is in my arms crying her eyes out. I whisper to her soothingly, trying to comfort her. It takes a while, but soon enough, she is calm once more and that gives me a chance to hug each of my dongsaengs.

     After I have comforted them all and told them not to be sad because Yookyung was happy, I purpose I make chocolate chip pancakes to cheer them up. They most certainly do not protest to this and as I make the pancakes with help from each one of them, we sing through the whole Pink Blossom album.

     The first batch of pancakes we make are cruelly disgusting (which everyone blames Eunji for) and so, we make another batch, singing this time—as requested by Hayoung— the Snow Pink album.

     Everything is happy, even when Yookyung's lines come up and the girls sing their hearts out to their friend across the world. I have never seen these girls so saddened and yet so heartfelt.

     When we have finished the second batch and everyone is satisfied by the sweet flavor, I realize that Chorong isn't with us.

     "Where's umma?" I ask as the girls stuff their faces.

     "She never came out of her room." Hayoung explains, her

Please log in to read the full chapter