Nice To Meet You

First Love

 

"Well, I'm not that much of an exciting person either, to be honest. I'm just Kat. Nothing more. Nothing less."

Youngjae softly looked at her.

"Well, 'just Kat' is fine for me."

 

 

* * * * * * * * *

 

 

 

Youngjae was frozen. His heart started pounding with nervousness.

"Sir. Excuse me, sir?"

Her voice snapped Youngjae back into reality. Her looked at her again.

"Sir, what would you like to order?"
"Oh, I..uh..I don't really feel like ordering anything anymore. Sorry for wasting your time."

Youngjae quickly turned around without looking back at her. He hurriedly walked back to Daehyun, who was in the car. Not noticing anything in his was because so many emotions was overtaking Youngjae, he almost tripped on a crack. 

Hands were shaking, he tried to open the car door as fast as he could.

"So you ready to-...hey, where's your drink?"
"I didn't feel like ordering anything."
"Are you sure? I mean you're kind of sweating...I'll buy you a drink-"
"No!"
Youngjae grabbed Daehyun's arm before he completely stepped out of the car.
Daehyun looked at him in confusion.
"I mean..no, I told you, I'm not that thirsty..can we just go?"
"If that's what you want then, okay."

Daehyun started the engine and they were on their way. To Youngjae's surprise, the ride to their house was not as long as he expected.
Once they arrived at the apartment, Youngjae quickly helped Daehyun with the boxes they needed to bring and went to his room immediatly after.

Youngjae plopped himself onto his bed and let out a deep sigh. Tossing and turning over the sheets of the bed, ruining the perfectly folded blankets.
He laid on his back, staring straight at the ceiling. He tried to calm his thoughts one at a  time, but once he thought about them, more emotions build up inside.

What he wanted to know was...

 

Why

 

Why was he feeling like this? 

Why does he have so many emotions for a girl he doesn't even know?

These questions bothered Youngjae. A lot.

There was only one thing that could calm his thoughts and he knew just the thing.

Youngjae began to dress himself out of his clothes and searched his bag for much more comfortable clothes. Putting on his shoes as if he's in a rush to be outside. He grabbed his camera and was out the door.

Youngjae loved to take pictures of just about anything. He loved photography ever since he was a little kid. Wherever he went, there would be a camera around his neck.

Youngjae believed that we should capture our memories we experience, one by one to be able to cherish them later.
He learned this from his mother. He remembered clearly, Youngjae received his first camera when he was 13 years old. He loved it so dearly, the happiness he felt wasn't explainable. But while using his camera, he always felt a rush of sadness greet him. He missed his mother so much, more than anything in the world. His camera is the only thing that he brought with him to America from his mother.

Youngjae walked the streets of NYC, trying to capture each and every bit of its beauty. He took pictures of almost everything that brought attention to his eyes.
One stood out to him the most.

The back of a young girl, who looked almost the same age as himself, waiting at the stoplight. The silhouette that shadowed over her figure from the sun was absolutely breathtaking. He took a quick shot of her. Once after that, he looked down at his camera and smiled.

Youngjae looked up at the girl again and saw that she stopped right on the street. She was looking through her purse, but dropped it. Her facial expression almost looked as if she was panicking.

As soon as he saw a car coming at her, Youngjae left his spot and hurriedly ran toward her. He didn't care about anything happening right now, but to save that girl. He roughly pulled her back onto the sidewalk and she landed straight on top of him.

Youngjae's vision started to fail on him when he tried to get a clear view of the girl. Suddenly, he felt pain overtaking in the back of his head.
He knew he hit the ground quite hard, but not as hard to make him feel this pain.
His vision slowly started fading and his began closing.

"Sir! Sir! Somebody call 911!"

Youngjae tried to take one last glance of the person who was in front of him.
But, his eyes closed completely.
Everything went black.

 

 

---

 

 

Kat looked at the time on her phone.

5:04 p.m.

She sighed in relief. Her shift was finally over. She loved weekdays, because that's when her shift would end early. The worse ones for her, is when she would have to close up the cafe.

The same routine repeated on for her everyday.

Go to school, go to work, then go home. And so the cycle repeats again...

Kat was told many times that she overworked herself, but honestly she didn't mind. She knew that once she got home, she would do nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Before, friends would invite to hang out with her many times, but for each time, she declined and told them the same reason everytime. The request to hang out suddenly decreased more and more and now they've stopped completely.

Kat patiently waited at the stoplight for the signal to turn green. The day was still young, and there was still a lot of time for her to do many things. She thought for some time and finally chose what she wanted to do. Tonight, she was going to hang out with her friends. She hoped that they wouldn't be busy.

The walk sign turned green and Kat started to walk while looking through her purse for her phone. She stopped walking and noticed that her wallet was gone. Panicking, she dropped her purse and quickly tried to pick it up. She suddenly saw a car coming at her.

She tried to move, but it felt as if her feet were glued to the ground. She started to panic even more as the car drove close and closer. She tried to signal the driver to stop, but from the looks of it, they seem quite distracted on something else.

Suddenly, Kat felt strong hands roughly pull her back onto the sidewalk. She landed straight onto his chest.
So much was happening, her mind couldn't process all of it.

Kat looked up at the man and noticed he wasn't moving. She quickly got up and tried to help him regain his strentgh from the fall.

"Sir! Sir!"

He still didn't move. His eyes started closing.

"Somebody call 911!"

Groups of people started to surround the two of them and the ambulance arrived faster than she expected. While in the car, Kat felt a sudden urge to hold this man's hand. She knew it was completely weird, but she felt like she needed to.

"We're here."

Kat saw the paramedics quickly brought the man into the hospital and she closely followed behind.

"Excuse me, miss."

Kat was startled by the sound of the voice; she turned around and saw a doctor standing before her.

"Uh, yes?"
"Are you the wife of Yoo Youngjae?"

Yoo Youngjae? So that must be the man's name.

"Umm w-wife? Ah, no I'm.."

Kat hesitantly thought. She knew if she wasn't related to him in some way, she wouldn't be able to be let inside.

"I-I'm his...g-girlfriend."

The docter noticed her stuttering, but slowly brushed it off.

"Well follow me, your boyfriend is right this way."

Kat followed closely behind. She saw the doctor motion her to walk inside and slowly approached the door. She said a small 'thank you' to the doctor before entering and made her way in.

She saw Youngjae peacefully laying down on the bed. She studied his features.

He had a thin face. He had a very definef jawline. His hair was slightly black and his nose was small. His lips were quite pink and plump.

This man was definitely handsome.
Nearly perfect, in fact.

Kat didn't understand how someone could still look so good, while just laying there.

She sat in the one chair that occupied the corner in the room. She found herself looking at him constantly. She wanted him to wake up, but honestly it feared her when he would.
And as unlucky as she was, his eyes slowly opened.

 

 

----

 

 

Youngjae woke up to find himself in a hospital bed. He looked at his surroundings and was surprised to find what's in front of him.
He rubbed his eyes to see if he was hallucinating and if it was just a side effect from hitting his head.

But it wasn't.

She was actually there.

Youngjae saw she looked quite shocked to see him awake. What he wondered was, why was she here. He couldn't think that she was the girl her saved.

 

Impossible.

 

It couldn't be her.

 

"Hello."

Youngjae's head jerked up to look up at her. He was shocked she broke the silence first, judging from how nervous she looked when he woke.

"Umm...hello." Youngjae said softly.

Minutes passed, and silence was the only thing that was present in the air.

"Thank you."
"Huh?" Youngjae asked in confusion.
"For saving me..thank you."
She smiled faintly.

"If it wasn't for you, I'd probably wouldn't be here right now. Well, I mean, I would be here like in the hospital, but not-"
 

Youngjae laughed.
"I know what you mean."

She smiled at him.
"Yeah..umm also, I'm sorry you're here. I'm sorry I caused you the concussion for falling on you."
"It's okay, as long as no one gets seriously injured...it's okay."

Youngjae softly smiled at her and looked down.

"Oh! By the way, I'm Kat. My full name is Katryn Lee, but you can call me, Kat." She said quickly.

Youngjae softly mouthed her name.
 

Kat

Luckily, she didn't noticed as he did so.

"I'm Youngjae. Yoo Youngjae."

Kat slowly held out her hand.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Youngjae." She said smiling.

Youngjae's hand slowly approached her. He smiled back at her.

"It's nice to meet you too."

Their hands touched. Her hand was obviously smaller than his. It was soft and it fit perfectly in his.

Youngjae wished this moment lasted longer because he liked holding her hand.

Both of them slowly release each other's hand and made eye contact for quite some time.
Kat looked down at the ground in shyness.

"Excuse me, Mr. Yoo?"

A nurse appeared at the door.

"Yes?"
"Are you ready to take your leave?"
"Oh, yes just give me a few minutes to gather my things."
"Okay." The nurse smiled and left the room.

Youngjae slowly got out of his bed and began to change until he noticed Kat was still in the room. Immediately, Kat realized what he was doing and spoke.
 

"I-I um, I'll just wait outside..y-you just change, uh ok, let me leave first."

Kat quickly left the room and Youngjae laughed to himself as he thought how adorable she was.
 

Once Youngjae was finished changing and gathering his things, he walked out of the room. Just as Kat said, she was waiting outside the room.

Not realizing Youngjae was standing behind her, he saw her talking to herself.

"Come on Kat! Get yourself together. Why are you so awkward! Ugh."
 

Youngjae smiled and leaned against the door frame watching her scold herself. He walked towards her.

"You finished?" Youngjae said smirking.
Kat quickly turned around.

"I..h-how long were you standing there?"
Youngjae walked closer.
He giggled. "Long enough"
"Ah, I see." Kat scratched her head while looking down in embarrassment.

Youngjae and Kat walked out of the hospital and to the nearest bus stop. Once they arrived there, she suddenly remembered she lost her wallet and stopped walking onto the bus.
Youngjae looked back at her.

"What's wrong?"
"I don't have my wallet. I think I left it at my work. You go on the bus, I'll just walk home.."

Before she could leave, Youngjae grabbed her arm.
"I'll pay for you."

He grabbed his wallet out of his pocket, but before he could hand the bus driver the money she stopped him.
"No, Youngjae you can't!" I already caused you so much trouble today, the last thing I want you to do, is pay for me."
"Don't worry about me. I can't let you walk home alone , especially at night."

He handed the bus driver the money and they both took their seat.
The bus ride to their next stop was silent. Youngjae wanted to make conversation with her, but his head was still hurting from his fall and he was also quite tired. 
Once they reached their destination, Kat got up from her seat and walked off the bus along with Youngjae.

"My house is only a few blocks down." She pointed towards it.
 

"I'll walk you."
"Youngjae...."
"Kat..." 
Youngjae mimicked her.

They started walking towards Kat's house and Youngjae finally regained his confidence to talk again. But before he could, she beat him into starting the conversation.

"So..Youngjae, how long have you been living here?"
"Well, I'm originally from Korea, but I moved here just today with my friend."
"And..you guys live by yourself?"
"That's right."
"How old are you guys?"
"I recently turned 20, and my friend is also 20, but he's a year older.
"I'd love to live by myself, but since I'm not in college yet, I still have to live at home."

Youngjae realized they've stopped walking and he motioned her to keep going.

"What's wrong with living at home?" Youngjae asked.
"Well...you see, it's the same routine for me everyday. Everything around me is so...so boring. I'm tired of it."

Kat continued to talk while Youngjae listened to her attentively.

"I just feel that, I'm too boring also as a person."

"Maybe, that's why my friends stopped asking to hang out." She spoke bearly audible for Youngjae to hear.
 

"You don't need to have an exciting life to be an exciting person." He said.
"Well, I'm not that much of an exciting person either, to be honest. I'm just Kat. Nothing more. Nothing less."

 

Youngjae softly looked at her.

"Well, 'just Kat' is fine for me."
 

A sudden tone in Youngjae's voice changed. He noticed it himself too. Luckily, she didn't.
 

Youngjae looked ahead while walking, not noticing Kat was looking at him in admiration.

"Oh! That's my house."

Youngjae looked up at her house. It wasn't too small and it wasn't too big. He didn't understand why she would want to leave a place like this. 
He watched her walk up the steps of her house and she looked back at him.

 

"Thank you, Youngjae...for everything today."

He smiled at her.

She walked down the steps again. She reached out her hand and so did Youngjae.

Their shake was gently, and not too long.

"If there is any way..you'd like to keep in touch, I work in a Starbucks just two blocks down this street."
 

"I'll keep in mind." He smiled.
 

She walked up the stairs again and said one more thing.

"Goodnight, Youngjae." She smiled and walked into her house.

Youngjae stood there, still staring back at the spot where she was standing just a few seconds ago. He looked up at the night sky and back down again.

He said softly while smiling.

 

"Goodnight, Kat..."

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

Cries okay sorry that this chapter was soooooooo long like i didn't even plan that it would be this long it just happened idk

OKAY KAT I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER wEEPS I LOVE YOU OK 

now here enjoy a perfect of the yoo youngjae ;;;;;;------)))))))

- Katrina <333