We'll always be friends. ..

town's cupid

 

"What is she doing here?" She asked glaring at me.I was too shocked to respond to the glare or the question. Many things were rambling in my mind. What is she doing here? Did that kiss in the cafeteria mean nothing...at all? And most of all was I just another girl to him?

 

"She's, I-"

 

"Just leaving." I interrupted Kim and headed for the door.

 

 

 

"Stay here." He said to her and followed me.

 

 

 

"Pie wait!" he said as I neared my car. I don't know why but I stopped and slowly turned around. I should have gotten in my car and drove away. But why would I be mad at him its not like we're official or anything not even close. Maybe I stayed because I was a tad bit interested in what he was going to say.I tried to hide the hurt in my face. It didn't work. Kim paused when he looked at me and slowly started back nearing me.

 

 

 

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

 

 

 

"And to think I thought I hurt you." I said giving him a doubtful look. "She's living proof that I didn't. I was right we're just too different."

 

 

 

He gritted his teeth. "Yeah...your right." He looked like he wanted to say something else but he didn't instead he said, "It was fun while it lasted."

 

 

I hid back the disappointment. "Only 5 seconds in a half." I forced a laugh. How could I have gotten so caught up in Kim and his love games. Of course this meant nothing to him. And of course I meant nothing to him. He was just trying to make me feel better, too bad it didn't work.

 

 

 

"Kim if she's the one, which she's not, stop bringing other girls around. Well, she's waiting so I'll see you tomorrow at school." I smiled then turned around."

 

 

 

"Pie...later."

 

 

 

I paused. "Wait no princess?"  turned to face him. Our smirks matching.

 

 

 

"Your such a turn on princess."

 

 

 

"And your such a jerk, Kim." I said backing up to my car then leaving. 

 

 

 

 

Even though I wanted a way better outcome I guess I can say this went better than I expected. Sure I wanted to melt in his touch, or freeze time when we kissed but let's be realistic we'd never last. I'm too different from him. Kim is a ladies man not a lady's man. That'd be too much drama to deal with and not to mention we'd argue 24/7 no 25/8. Plus I have Van. He's willing to give us a try so why can't I? The only problem is how am I going to tell Jane.

 

I pulled into Mean's driveway hoping she'd hear me out. I remember when this house was my second home. This family was my second family. Mean's clothes were my clothes. Mean's secrets were my secrets. I'd always find myself at this very place when my dad and mom were having problems. Now that's a thing of the past and I want it back.I knocked and moments later Mean's younger sister, Rebecca popped out.

 

"Pie!" She said giving me a tight hug. "I barely see you anymore I'm going to have to take senior classes so we can hang out again."

 

I smiled. "Or I can just fail until you get to senior year." We both shared a laugh. "How does it feel to be 16?"

 

"Great. You should have been at my party Austin Mahone sung to me. He so wants me." We laughed together. "So I guess you want to see Mean."

 

I gave a stiff nod.

"Yeah."

 

"Mean! You have company!" Rebecca yelled.

 

"Stop yelling Bec. Who is it?" She asked then appeared. Her eyes went wide then she squinted them at me. "Go do your homework or something." She said not even bothering to look at Rebecca who looked lost.

 

Rebecca looked between us two. "Are you two mad at each other?"

 

"Go away." Mean said not taking her eyes off of me still.

 

"Listen you two are friends and-" Mean pushed Rebecca back, stepped outside and slammed the door.

 

"Mean why are you so mad? I truly am sorry." I said.

 

"You just don't get it and quite frankly you never will.

 

"I gave her an annoyed look. "Get what? That I was wrong? I know I was and I'm sorry. Can't you see that?"

 

"Like I said you'll never get it."

 

I blew my breath. "Then elaborate."

 

She folded her arms. "Fine! I'm not a jealous person trust me I'm not but why is it always about what Jane 

wants? We were best friends first but yet its like she was. Whenever we hung out it was all about Jane. Wanna know the real reason I stopped talking to you as much. Whenever I wanted to hang out you were too busy but you were as free as a bird when Jane wanted to. That's your best friend not me. And I've come to realization of that after Bec's party."

 

 

I put my fingers through my hair. It kind of hurts to hear that your friend thinks that way. And looking back, she isn't lying. "I'm sorry Mean. I guess I figured since your my best friend and you'd never stop being my friend that I needed to be there for Jane. Or that you didn't mind if I hung out with her more so than you. It doesn't justify why I did what I did. I feel horrible because at the end of the day your my #1 best friend and always will be. It hurt me when we stopped being as close as we were and I want to make up for lost time. To make it up to you, if you will let me, next weekend is our weekend including Sunday and excluding Jane."

 

A smile appeared on Mean's face. "Your giving up your relax Seclude Sunday and Jane for me?"

 

"Mean your my best friend and I'd give up way more." I smiled."

 

Then I guess I have no reason to be mad at you any longer."

 

"Yay!"

I clapped then hugged her. "Can I tell you something?" I asked. 

I was going to tell her about Kim...and Van. This is going to be nerve racking. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

 

How does Mean react to what she's about to hear? And guys sorry for the late update I had a pretty rough time I lost my phone. But think God my cousin found it and send to me. Hopefully I can update more and more. I would give another now but I'm in the process of writing now on my 2nd story... I've just been so blocked. Nothing comes to mind so that's why they are kind of slow but I am trying to update daily. Hopefully I will prevail. Well remember:COMMENTS & CONCERNS! ★♡♥★♡♥★