all I can think about is him

town's cupid

I turned to face Lucas. "About what Kim?" I may have liked the kiss but doesn't mean anything. I'm sure he knows that too.

 

"Us. You can't tell me you didn't feel anything from that." It was kind of shocking me how he was talking to me. He seemed so serious and genuine. I couldn't believe it was Kim standing in front of me talking like that.

 

I did. "I didn't." I lied. "Besides Kim how would you know you've kissed over half the school and plus." Van was enough on my pate, if I add Kim I'll be overflowing with craziness. I'll have went from kissing my best friend's boyfriend, to kissing my best friend's ex boyfriend's best friend. I should have a sitcom but none the less I don't but none of this looks good. Plus Kim is an extreme ladies man. I don't want to have to put up with the crazy rumors or whatever. Being with Van seems more safe.

 

Kim's jaws clenched. "So your saying this doesn't mean anything?" He grabbed my face and brought his lips to mine. Again I was kissing Kim and enjoying it.I couldn't bring myself to pull back. I just couldn't. But when he slowly pulled away a groan involuntarily escaped my lips. I could see his lips curl into an approving smile."You want me."

 

"So what if I do. Doesn't mean I'll ever be with you. We're just too different, and I can't be with someone I do not trust." Okay maybe I shouldn't have said the last part but I did and it was true. As far as I know this guy has never been a one lady man. How can I trust him to be with me and only me. I don't want that drama. So it's best if we just stop before it even begins.

 

He took a step back. "You don't trust me?"

 

I looked away. "No...but I want to be friends."

 

"I don't befriend people that doesn't trust me." Before I could apologize Kim was in his car speeding off.

 

You really did it this time Pie. "Pie. Pie." I looked up to see Van waving a hand in front of my face with a concern look.I was so caught up in thinking about Kim that I had forgotten I was with Van. We were at some secluded restaurant Van didn't want anyone spotting  us, and neither did I.

 

"Oh...what did you say?" I asked looking up to him.

 

"Are you not hungry?"

 

I looked down at my untouched meal and at his bare plate. Had I zoned out that long, and he didn't notice? Well I've noticed when Van eats it's like he's in his own world. So of course he wouldn't realize I was in a bubble of thoughts. "Sorry having to play janitor is on my mind." I lied. It would have been if Kim didn't go and kiss me. I told him I started a food fight, which I did, and had to clean the cafeteria, which I do. What I didn't tell him was I had to the clean it with Kim, I just said someone, hopefully he never asks who the other person is. I didn't want to tell him it was Kim. Van wouldn't take that too lightly. I get that he's a hint bit jealous of Kim. 

 

He laughed, "It's not that bad."

 

I forced a smile, "Easy for you to say. This will put a dint into my reputation that I worked hard to get. I'm not letting this crazy food fight ruin it. I just can't."

 

"Sounds to me like change was bound to happen."

 

I sunk in my seat, "Not negative change."

 

"Listen," he said grabbing my left hand and cupping it into his, "Sometimes that's what type of change you need."

 

"How?" I asked eyeing my hand hoping he'd release it. It felt weird having him hold it. Maybe because I just finished kissing his friend not too long ago. Guilt was chewing at me I just know it. He let go of my hand, and took a sip of his drink. That allow me to ease both of my hands underneath the table hopefully he didn't notice the reason.

 

"Sometimes the negative helps clarify the bad."

 

 "Are you aiming towards Jane?" I smirked.

 

He smiled. "You are so attractive right now." When he said that, that made my mind drift to Kim. 'You are so attractive when you vent.' Just thinking about it made my heart flutter, but when Van just finished saying it, it didn't mean anything more than a "hi."

 

"Thanks. You, too." You too? Really Pie? Way to go. When I said it Kim crept into mind again. I hate what this kiss is doing to me. I know what I have to do. 

 

"Van  food was great, but I have to...go. I'll talk to you later." I stood up and walked past our table. I was almost out when he grabbed me and pulled me into him. He lowered his head and kissed me.  I don't know how to explain other than I felt nothing...again.I quickly pulled away.

 

"I-I have to go." I hurried out so he wouldn't stop me again or try to kiss me.

 

When I drove off I dialed Mean's number. As usual it went straight to voicemail. I threw my phone in the passenger seat. "Crap!" I get it I was wrong, but she's not letting me explain that. My phone began ringing. I grabbed it hoping it'd be Mean but no it was Jane. I pressed the quiet button and tossed it back into the seat. I really didn't feel like talking to her. I had way too much on my mind to worry about her. Plus I didn't want to tell her about Kim. I don't really know how to explain it. One minute I'm going off on him and the next we're making out. I kissed my enemy and liked it. Q