The Party!

town's cupid

""Thank you so much!" someone yelled hugging me tightly. I barely even got out of my car before I was attacked. Wow way to start a Tuesday morning off. I turned to see a beaming Mean.

 

"Your welcome, but what did I do?"

 

"Zee. He is my boyfriend. He asked me out last night, I don't know how you did it, but thank you. It was so romantic." She squealed.

 

I had forgotten all about trying to get those together. That stupid bet has been on my mind, it shouldn't but it is. I'm going to win, I just know it. There's no way I could bring myself to kiss Kim, the jerk. I looked at mean and smiled. I had to forget about the bet, at least for now. I didn't want her to think I wasn't interested, because I was.I'm just so happy for her. Her telling me about this felt like old times...when we were best friends. I miss those times. We'd stay up all night talking about everything and their momma. So no, Kim 

isn't going to ruin this.

 

 

"I have to tell Christy. I wanted you to be the first to know," she smiled. She hugged me again then sped away.

 

 

I remember when it was just me that she use to tell certain things to. Now it's Christy. Yes, I'm kind of jealous, but why should I be. I have Jane. The person with a wild but sensitive side.I was on my way to the building when I heard clapping. I turned to see Kim clapping with an amused look on his face.

 

 

"Bravo. Bravo." His friend beside him laughed. His name is Chase."Hi Chase." I said ignoring Kim.

 

 

"Hey." he smiled.

 

 

When Kim glared at him, Chase's smile faded. Why does he think he can intimidate everyone? Because he won a few fights? Well he doesn't scare me. No, he annoys me.

 

 

"How are you friends with this jerk." I questioned.

 

 

"Because Chase is Chase."

 

 

"I was talking to Chase, you jerk." I frowned.

 

 

"Bye Chase." I was walking away when Kim walked beside me.

 

 

"What Kim?"

 

 

"Have you been practicing kissing your mirror? You've probably never kissed a guy before except daddio's cheek. You have to be experienced to kiss me."

 

 

"Kim I'm not kissing you. I don't kiss people I hate."

 

 

He stopped walking then started back, "You don't hate me."

 

 

"Your right, no Kim, I don't hate you, but I cannot stand you. Its very close to hate. After Saturday you'll longer speak to me. Later." I said walking off. This time he didn't follow me, and I didn't bother looking at him. I was dreading Saturday, but ready to get it over with. After that annoying Kim wouldn't be that disturbing bug I can't kill.There's no way he's winning this. I'm an expert match maker, while he's an expert brawler or playboy. I couldn't lose. I'd have too much to lose. I'd no longer be the one and only match maker. People would go to Kim and not me Plus, I'd be losing to Kim. That's something I'd hate. He'd never let it go. I just can't lose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________

 

 

 

 

 

"Your not seriously wearing that, are you?" Jane laughed.

 

 

Saturday had hurried by and we were preparing for this crazy party. Jane was so happy but I wasn't. Partying isn't me.Leading up to this day, Jane had been so excited. She was ready to meet Van and for him to sweep her off her feet. She talked to Kim about him, well more like interrogated him with questions. Come to find out, Van use to be a close friend of kim

. I don't know, or care what happened. Probably Kim being too much of a jerk, and Van got tired of it. I don't blame him.Ever since Tuesday, Kim hasn't really said anything to me. It was so weird. This is what I've been praying for, but now that I had it...I feel...bad. Why should I? He's been nothing but a heartless jerk to me. I shouldn't care if what I said hurt, but I do. Why? Kim doesn't care. He smirks everything off.

 

 

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked looking at myself in her closet mirror. I was wearing a strapless, pink floral dress. I felt like I looked nice. Apparently Jane didn't.

 

 

"This is a party not a meet the parents dinner. Hear wear this," She said throwing me a dress. I held it out. It was a shorter, strapless black dress. It was nice, I'll admit but there's on way I'm wearing that. No way.

 

 

"No I-"

 

 

"Just put it on," she snapped.

 

 

I took off my dress and put it on then looked in her mirror again.

 

 

"Perfect. Oh wear this and this." She threw me a blazer that was sandy brown and had different shapes on the outside, and on the inside it was black and around the edges it was black. I love the blazer.

 

 

 

"How? My is on the verge of being seen. I can't wear this. How do you wear this?" I questioned.

 

 

She threw me a pair of spandex,

 

 

"Happy?"

 

 

I gave her a fake smile, "Ecstatic."

 

 

45 minutes later we were on our way to the party. Kim had given Jane the directions."I'm so excited." she exclaimed.

 

 

She has been saying that all day. It was getting really annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my best friend happy, but she does this every time she meets a new guy. It gets old after a while. I barely know Cleft so I wouldn't know if he's a bad or good guy, or a typical Jane guy. Plus, I don't even know if Van like Janr, which I'm really hoping he does. He seems like a possible nice guy...so why is he or was he friends with someone like jerk Kim?

 

 

"I know, you've said that all day...no all week." I replied a little annoyed.

 

 

She laughed, "Do you think he still likes me?"

 

 

"Of course," I lied. If he didn't like her then, he'd like her now...I hope. Jane had a great personality, but a big flaw. She rushes things. No matter what it is, she will rush it. That's why most of her ideas end in a disaster. "Just don't rush things."

 

 

 Jane gave me a funny look, "Rush? I'm a patient girl. I just like things done at my pace, so I kind of assist people with keeping up. Its not rushing at all."

 

 

I laughed, "Oh that's what you call it. Persistence."

 

 

"Exactly."

 

 

"Sounds like impatience."

 

 

"Sounds like annoyance."

 

 

"Sounds like someone can't take the truthance."

 

 

"Only if it was true. Now get out, time to party." I looked out my window and realized she was right. We were at the party. I didn't realize because I was having a great bff moment with Jane. We were parked close to the drive way of a huge house. This was going to be a long long night.