✖ 02

Playground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please ignore any errors you might see. ;; I probably missed a bunch because I'm tired. OTL. *bows*

 

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae watched Jinah and Chanyeol conversing, Jongdae nudging Baekhyun's shoulder not long after. “Look at Mr. Park!” Jongdae whispers, clearly excited.

 

“What about him?” Baekhyun stared carefully at Chanyeol's actions, confused at what he should be looking at.

 

“Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun... How can you not see?” Jongdae shakes his head, wagging his little finger back in forth in front of his best friend's face. “His eyes. That's how my daddy looks at my mom! Baekhyun... Mr. Park loves your mom! Look how red his face is getting, and he looks really happy to see her.” He continued on, pointing discreetly at his teacher, eyes zoned in at the way Chanyeol's lips will curl up shyly. Something they both don't usually see in class.

 

“Wait... loves?” Baekhyun asks, making sure he heard Jongdae correctly. “Like how mommy loves me?” He stares at his friend in confusion, causing the slightly short male to scoff at him.

 

“Yes! Look, my dad told me. Mr. Park is clearly flustered to be near your mom. That means he has a crush on her.” Jongdae explained. “My appa says before he fell in love with umma, he had the biggest crush on her. But I'm jealous, Mr. Park can be your dad.”

 

Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, pondering Jongdae's words.

 

– – –

 

“I shall have a talk to him about it. I'm so sorry, I haven't really bought the issue about his father up to him...” Jinah admitted, slightly embarrassed having to explain the reason for Baekhyun's behavior.

 

“No, no! It's alright. I can understand your reasons.” Chanyeol smiled softly, trying to reassure the other that he was okay with it all. “Baekhyun really cares a lot for you, that just shows how great of a mother you are to him. We are starting show and tell soon and the day I announced it he actually said he was going to bring you.” Chanyeol laughed, hand hitting his knee as his face twisted up in laughter, causing his glasses to hang dangerously low on the bridge of his nose. Seeing his reaction, Jinah couldn't help but laugh herself. Her hand flying up to cover as she bursted out in laughter, her eyes creating small crescents.

 

– – –

 

Baekhyun watched his mother carefully, his lips tugging into a small smile. He was used to seeing his mom laugh, though never like this. He's watched his mother around other men before and none have them made her smile like the way Mr. Park was. Waving his hand in the air to get Jongdae's attention, his eyes trained on his mother, causing his hand to whack Jongdae gently in the face.

 

“Ack! What?” Jongdae hissed, clearly annoyed at having been hit.

 

“Are you sure it's love, Jongdae?” Baekhyun whispered, finally looking away at the two adults. He would be lying if he said he hoped Jongdae would say no. He wanted to see his mom smile like that forever.

 

“Yes, I'm 100% positive.” Jongdae grinned, nodding his head to prove his point.

“Jongdae?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Help me make Mr. Park my dad.”

 

“I thought you'll never ask.”

 

– – –

 

“Mommy, can we go yet? I'm hungry.” Baekhyun whined, moving to sit on Jinah's lap barely 5 minutes after Jongdae got picked up. Jinah chuckled softly, hugging Baekhyun close to her before placing a kiss on his forehead.

 

“How can I say no to that? I can't have my baby hungry, can I?” Jinah teased, giving Chanyeol an apologetic smile after.

 

“You're not.” Baekhyun answered, lips seemingly pulled into a permanent pout. Jinah snorted, tapping her finger against Baekhyun's nose before moving to stand up.

 

“Looks like I better get going, Mr. Park.” Jinah got up as well, chuckling softly as the young boy started clinging to her.

 

“Please, just call me Chanyeol. And it's no problem at all. I'll see you during show and tell, we can finish this conversation then.” Chanyeol offered, getting up from his seat to send Jinah and Baekhyun out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter