✖ 01

Playground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinah loved Baekhyun more than anything else in the world, he was her baby. Despite Baekhyun's mischievousness and sometimes too much energy, he was still her little 4 year old. Hers and no one else's. She never regretted the fact that she decided to keep Baekhyun and to raise him alone. She was young and foolish at the time, she believed the man she loved loved her back. She should have known that when he was going out to run errands after she told him she was pregnant that he wasn't coming back. Her parents were disappointed in her at first for not saving herself for marriage but as soon as Baekhyun was born, all was forgiven, he was an awfully cute grandson.

 

Since then Jinah had been relying on the help of her parents and her best friends. She didn't want to admit that she didn't date anymore cause she was afraid of being left again. It was bad enough that she already enrolled Baekhyun in preschool. Her little boy was going to be away from her for the first time and she tried not to act too worried as she dropped him off. Thankfully Baekhyun had always been the type to fit in wherever he went, so he turned around to face her, waving his little hand before turning back to the “pretty colorful building that is going to be my new school and where I'm going to meet my best friend ever just like mommy has her friends”. Jinah could feel the nerves in her as Baekhyun started to run towards the building, gasping as he tripped due to his excitement.

 

“I'm okay! Bye mommy, I love you!” He yelled as he caught himself last minute.

 

“Mommy loves you too!” She yelled back. Jinah tried not to cry as she drove to work. Once parking her car and walking into the small cafe, a drink was shoved in front of her face.

 

“He'll do fine Jinah, Baekhyun will make tons of friends and his teacher will love him and everyone will love him.” Yujin said as she handed Jinah the drink she had prepared for her. Jinah cracked a small smile at the older female.

 

“Thanks unnie, you always know what to say.”

 

“No problem sweetheart.” Yujin grinned. “Now hurry and finish that drink and get to work.” She added, earning a light smack from Jinah.

 

 

Chanyeol handed his list of students to Siwon, a senior teacher of his at the school.

 

“Ah! Darn, I wanted Baekhyun in my class.” Siwon huffed. “You're lucky newbie.” He said as he gave Chanyeol back his list. Chanyeol had been hired last minute when one of the school's teachers had decided to take retirement early and they desperately needed someone to fill in the spot. Somehow Chanyeol heard of it and he was now one of the lucky newly graduated students that had already found a teaching position.

 

“Baekhyun? Is he really well behaved or something?”Chanyeol asked, his brows knitting together cause he was teaching preschool, why would the other teachers know who he is?

 

“I guess, ah. That's right. You weren't here during open house. Baekhyun's mother is... well. She's a looker.” Siwon supplied. The look of confusion must have spoke a billion words cause without openly asking any questions, Chanyeol got his answer. “No, she's not older. She had Baekhyun when she was young. I think she's only a year or two older than you actually.”

 

“Oh.” Chanyeol said lamely.

 

A bell could be heard ringing throughout the school, signaling as a warning to get to class in two minutes. The school wasn't anything big, it was actually a pretty small school. He towered over all the little kids as they rushed into their classrooms, smiling at a few 1st grade girls that giggled as they noticed him.

 

He stared at the door that proudly displayed “Mr. Park” on the plaque before entering the classroom. Rolling up his sleeves as the group of twenty students stared up at him in awe.

 

“You don't look like a teacher. You look... not old.” A boy commented, Chanyeol laughed softly at that.

 

“Ahh, thank you. I'm a new teacher, so I guess that's why I'm young?” Chanyeol responded, watching in amusement as the kid gaped at him. Chanyeol's deep voice did always surprise people.

 

After taking roll call he learned that Baekhyun was indeed a very well behaved kid. Always raising his hand before speaking. He did notice at the end of the day though that Baekhyun wasn't smiling as often as he did earlier in the day, but soon school was over and the kids were rushing to meet their parents.

 

-

 

Baekhyun ran outside as soon as the bell rang, he had so many questions to ask his mom. He gave her a quick hug, barely getting situated in the car before he blurts out “Umma, why don't I have an appa?” He felt bad seeing how shocked his mother was at his question.

 

“We'll talk about it when we get home, okay?” She finally muttered out. Baekhyun nodded slowly, deciding that he could at least wait for the fifteen minute ride. Jinah let out a sigh of relief as Baekhyun fell asleep five minutes in. Once laying him down in his room she frantically went to call Lizzy.

 

“Lizzy help, he asked my why he doesn't have an appa.” Jinah panted into the phone, hearing a muffled response that she would be over in five minutes. Jinah opened the door loudly once hearing the doorbell ring.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter