Revenge - Tao

My EXO's One Shots

- Flashback -

“It’s not gonna work. She doesn’t even know me.” Tao said with an annoyed voice. “How am I supposed to make her fall for me if she’s not even interested?”

“Well, that’s just great if she doesn’t know you. And isn’t that the point? It would be way too easy for you if she did, isn’t it?” Minhyuk smirked. “And don’t you dare back away now. A bet is a bet. You’ve promised.”

“I know but I still think it’s wrong….”

“Come on, Tao. You know what she did to me and I’m going to let that pay for what she did.” He said with a low voice. “I can always make one of the other guys do this for me if you don’t, Tao. It’s not difficult and I know they’ll be more than happy to take that money from you.”

Tao’d never liked this kind of game because; well, unlike his other “friends”. He actually had feelings and knew what kind of consequences it would be at the end of the day.

But because of his mother’s sickness, he needed the money Minhyuk was willing to pay him more than ever. Maybe he was right. No matter whom he’d choose, that poor girl would still get her heart broken anyway. So it might as well be him.

“How much time do I get?”

“Take your time, my friend. Just make sure to not to fall for her yourself.” Minhyuk smirked evilly. “Even though I would love to see that happening.”

“I won’t.” Tao said firmly.

- Flashback ends -

“Oppa! Oppa! Have you fallen asleep?”

Your voice woke him up from his thoughts, making him blinked a few times before he could focused his gaze on you.

You grinned. “Welcome back to planet Earth. I nearly thought you died with your eyes open.”

“Well, unfortunately for you, you can’t get ride of me yet.” Tao said, smiling half-heartily.

“Yeah. Unfortunately.” You stacked out your tongue in a childish manner which caused him to laugh loudly. Making every single person in the cafe turning their heads to look at you guys.

“Yah! Stop that creepy-laugh of yours. You’re embarrassing us!” You whispered-shouted at him and punched his arm.

Which made him to laugh even more. That . He so loved teasing you, didn’t he?

“You punch like a girl!”

“Well, excuse me, I AM A GIRL.” You tried your hardest to give him the most scary glare you could.

“You’re just too cute sometimes. You know that?” He grinned, leaning over the table just to give you a big smooch right on the lips catching you completely off guard, before leaning back into his seat with a satisfied look on his face.

That jerk!

“Y-Yah! Y-You-”

You didn’t even have to look at yourself on a mirror to know you’d turned into a big blushing mess right now. But you did like it. You couldn’t possibly deny that, could you?

“Can you please stop blushing? It kind of looks like you’re turning into a bottle of ketchup actually.” He just had to say the obvious, right?

“Whatever. I want to go home.” You said, still blushing.

Tao chuckled lightly before taking your hand in his and lead you out of the room full of strangers. Just as you made it to the door, a guy appeared out of nowhere in front of you stopping both of you to go any further.

“Oh hi there, brother. Liking your job a bit too much I see.” The stranger said with an amused voice as he turned his face a little bit to look at you. “Long time no see, ___.”

W-Wait. Is that-

“Minhyuk. Now is really not the time.” You heard your boyfriend said beside you with his unusual firm voice. “Can we please talk about it later?”

Minhyuk. No wonder you found him familiar.

“You don’t look too happy to see me, don’t you?” Minhyuk gave out a light laugh. “Whatever. I just want to remind you about our agreement. It seems like you’ve already forgotten it.”

His gaze turned to you once again before turning back to Tao.

“Get rid of her...  soon if you don’t want to waste all your effort for nothing When I said you could take your time, I didn’t mean this.”

'Her'? Who was them talking about? You looked confusingly between the two of them, clearly not knowing what was going on as your boyfriend and your ex-boyfriend were talking like each other like they were friends. Could this get more confusing?

“I haven’t.” Tao said, his face totally blanked.

“Well, good, then… I’ll see you soon.” Minhyuk smirked before looking at you. “It’s nice to see you again, ___..”

You didn’t say anything. Instead, you just kept your face as blank as you possibly could. You couldn’t believe he dared to come here and even talked to you after everything he did to you. You could still remember every single thing clearly inside your head. Every time he cheated on you with another woman and then proudly rubbed it in your face. He even blamed you and said you deserved wht he did to you which jsut didn't make sense. When you finally broke up with that bastard, he had threatening to turn your life into hell which you just simply ignored.

But something told you it wouldn’t be that easy. His threat seemed to become more real now when he’s back.

Which just made you even more thankful to have Tao here. But why was he talking to Minhyuk? As you saw it, they seemed to know each other.

After that bastard left you guys and went back to his table. Tao quickly dragged you out of the cafe and walked in an unnatural speed. You had a hard time trying to catch up with him and even nearly fell a couple of times.

“H-hey! YAH!!!!!!!!”

Your voice finally made it inside his big-head as he thankfully slowed down until you were both standing still.

“Well, thanks a lot for that! You nearly made me clean the street with my fabulous face, you know!”

Your lame attempt to joke turned into a big fail as Tao just stared at you weirdly. Well, way to embarrass yourself, ___.

“So… You know Minhyuk?” You finally found the guts to ask as you both started to walk again.

You had told Tao everything about your past even though it hadn’t been that long since you too started dating. You knew you could trust him because Tao wasn’t that kind of guy who would hurt someone knowingly. In your eyes, he was like an angel sent from Heaven. He seriously was.

“Yes. I-” Tao suddenly stopped walking and turned himself so that you guys were facing each other. “I have something to tell you, ___.”

“Well, as long as you’re not gay. I think I’ll be fine.” You laughed nervously.

You didn’t even know why you were so nervous about this. He had just said he wanted to talk. Talk, not breaking up with you.

But again, it was that strange feeling inside you. Something seemed wrong.

“I-___. I don’t know how to start this but… I’m- I-”

“Can’t we talk about this later when we get home?” You suggested. “People are staring-”

“No.” He said, his voice suddenly turned serious and firm. “I have to tell you now. When I still have the guts to say it.”

You gulped, trying to smile away the heavy feeling inside your chest. “Well, then I’m listening.”

You watched as Tao inhaled deeply and closed his eyes for a moment. With his hands placed on your shoulders, he opened his eyes again and stared right back into your eyes.

“You have to promise me to hear me out, okay?”

Nod.

“Good.” Tao smiled half-heartily at you before let it drop. “Three months ago. I made a deal with Minhyuk.”

He paused for a second to look at you before continuing.

“He wanted me to make you fall in love with me…. a-and after I’ve done that. He wanted me to break up and break your heart. I- I- I didn’t know you back then and I needed his money. I-”

You found it hard to breathe all of sudden. It felt like someone was grabbing onto your beating heart and just squeezed it with all their power before cutting it into a million pieces.

All you could do was staring at him with pain colored your face in an unhealthy way.

“___- Are you okay?!” Tao asked worriedly as he shook your shoulders slightly. “___! Please don’t scare me like that! ___!”

You couldn’t believe this was actually happening to you. Again!

Even though you hadn’t known each other that long, your love for him was purely…. love. You suddenly felt so ridiculous, so dumb. How could you actually let yourself trust a guy again? After everything Minhyuk had put you through. You still hadn’t learned your lesson. Wasn’t getting your heart broken once enough to make you realize you should never - ever - trust a guy again?

After a long silence you finally found your voice back and spoke.

“So…” You began. “This was all fake. You don’t actually love me. Do you?”

“I-”

“No. Don’t answer that question.” A couple of tears escaped from your eyes and made their way down your redden cheeks. “I-I already know the answer. I-I’ll just go. I’m sorry.”

Then you turned around to run.

“___!”

Keep running. Keep running.

“Please! Stop! ___!”

Don’t you dare stop now, keep running.

“___-”

Don’t turn arou-

You got stopped by a pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist, holding you back from running away.

“Don’t. Plea-Please don’t do this to me.” He begged.

You tried to pull away from his strong grip but unfortunately, you couldn’t. But were you even trying?

Yes.

But you weren’t using all your strength. Because you didn’t have any left.

You never knew going through heartbreak could be this painful and unhealthy to both your mind and your body. What you went through with Minhyuk was no near as painful as this. Maybe it was because you only began to love him for a short amount of time before he did all those horrible things to you. But with Tao, time didn’t seem to be a problem.

It didn’t matter how hard you tried to stay away from his charms. You still ended up falling miserably for him without actually knowing it.

Tao was holding onto you as if he was afraid you would disappear if he ever let go. You could clearly feel his hard chest pressed against your back and his breath on the back of your head.

“I’m so sorry, ___. I-I never meant to hurt you. I-”

With all your strength, you finally pulled away from his grip and turned back to face him. To your surprise, his eyes were filled with tears and… and pain.

“I don’t want to lose you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You already have.”

 

 

 

 

 

You smiled at him sadly before turning away and sta-

“I love you, ___! I bloody do. I promised him not to fall for you but I did! Why can’t you see that? Why won’t you believe me?!

“How can I when everything you’ve done to me, every word you said were all lies? How can I trust a liar?!” You shouted back. “How can I trus- What are-”

With quick steps towards you, it didn’t even reach two seconds before a pair of lips crashed down to yours roughly. Maybe a little too rough.

But he clearly didn’t care because he was kissing the out of you. This kiss was nothing like all those other kisses you’d shared. Thi- This was just beyond your imagination.

His arm circled around your waist, bringing you even closer to him while his other hand was placed on the back of your neck pressing your face closer to his as he kissed you even harder. When the kiss finally slowed down a little bit, you weren’t frozen anymore and started to kiss him back, your lips moving with his, pulling and .

You knew what you were doing was terrible. A bit of you told you to stop, to pull away and slap him for kissing you like that. But how could you when he was kissing you like that.

You didn’t know what was going to happen once the kiss was over. Would you be able to forgive for his mistakes? Or would you guys turn into strangers once you walk away?

You didn’t know. All you knew was you was going to memorize this very moment and see what it leads you.

 

 

(P.S. I WAS TOO LAZY TO EDIT. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THERE’S ANY MISTAKES!)