Atypical Sone

A Very Lesy Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: A bit creepy.. :3

 

...

 

You’re Kim Taeyeon.

 

And you're in love with Girls’ Generation.

 

...

 

Rise and shine, sleepyhead! You have a big day ahead of you. Up, out of that bed, missy!

 

You spring up from your pink bedsheets, padding across cold tile to your life-sized cardboard cut-outs of the four heavenly members. You kiss each on the lips in uniform fashion.

 

Im Yoona. Kiss.

 

Hwang Tiffany. Kiss.

 

Jung Jessica. Kiss.

 

Kwon Yuri. Two kisses. Because she’s your favorite and deserves double.

 

Now to start the day. You shower exactly twelve minutes. Four minutes for shampoo. Four minutes for conditioner. Four minutes for body wash and rinse. Four’s your holy number thanks to the angels who’ve touched your life.

 

You pass by your mother who glares at you disapprovingly. Bless her soul. She’s never experienced the joy of Girls’ Generation.

 

“Find a job or a new hobby,” she implores. “Please, Taeyeon.”

 

You return to the basement. Don’t waste words on her. Besides, you have to make finishing touches on your project. The Girls are going to love them!

 

You lock the door to your downstairs room. No disturbances, please.

 

Ah, your pulse rate is off the charts! This has to be love or your heart wouldn’t be doing somersaults, Taeyeon. Love is in the air and it smells like Soshi!

 

You scoured the internet until the wee hours to confirm the destination for today. You have bags under your eyes, but who cares? Eye bags are adorable! They make you look more youthful.

 

Dress in your finest clothing, girl. Samantha Thavasa jeans? You have them in every color! Which to wear today? The white ones, of course!

 

You giggle to yourself. You’re so clever.

 

Uncovering a crate with the flip of an old quilt, you reveal your masterpieces. Four dolls, all carved in perfect likeness to the angels. Sure, the proportions are more chibi, doll-like. But those faces. You lift the Yoona doll and her expertly carved cheek. Those faces are the money.

 

You’re a genius.

 

How come Mother can’t acknowledge this genius? She’d judge you, anyway.

 

It’s taken you three faithful years to make these. All that hair dying and cutting. Only the best for the Girls. They’d appreciate the dolls’ real hair. Your real hair. Fast-growing follicles know the deal!

 

You take the Yoona doll to your desk and flick on your powerful fluorescent lamp. Every painstakingly flawless detail stands out. True beauty, if you’ve ever seen it.

 

Who are you kidding--they’re true beauty. You see it everywhere you turn. All their album covers. Posters on your wall. Promotional flyers. Books. Magazines. Postcards. Stickers. Your room is a shrine. If only the Girls could visit, Kim Taeyeon. They’d praise the intensity of your devotion.

 

Such superb intricacies on Yoona. Baby Yoona. Baboona? You laugh. Be sure to remember that one when you see her today.

 

Just one last thing...

 

You find your sharpest X-Acto knife. There you go...gently...

 

You carefully slice up her lips. Deep, vertical cuts along the seam. You feel bad for ruining it, but not for long. You find a well-sized needle and thread to dig into the hard plastic until the lips appear sewn-on. You admire your handiwork.

 

See? This is how you differ from all those other Sones. Your doll has personality. And it’s symbolic.

 

“Im Yoona, you're prettier than flowers. Without you, I couldn’t smile at all,” you recite to no-one but yourself.

 

The quest for love is initiated.

 

You hold the indescript paper bag containing Little Yoona close to your chest as you wait outside the building. Ugh, some wannabes are waiting here, too. Don’t fret, Taeyeon. You’ll stand out.

 

It’s part of your mission, right? To finally declare your love through art. Perhaps it’ll happen today! Taeyeon! What if Im Yoona falls for you instantly? Does that mean the others won’t see their creations?

 

Oh no, you haven’t considered that predicament!

 

How about you show the dolls to all of them and make your pick last? That’s only fair.

 

Im Yoona first. Because you love her, but she was in that movie. You know. The one where she kissed that guy. Those lips are for you only, right Taeyeon?

 

You hear Sones chanting. Im Yoona just left a photoshoot!

 

Hurry, Taeyeon!

 

Many of the wannabes are faster. You patiently wait your turn behind them. You clutch the bag close to your pounding heart.

 

What’s the matter, Taeyeon? Getting jitters? Reciprocation of love may happen in the next four minutes.

 

It’s now or never.

 

You push through the crowd. She’s even more stunning up close. Those previous concerts and events have nothing on this proximity! Say something, woman!

 

“I-I made you a gift,” you mumble.

 

She’s smiling! Love is blossoming! You slowly pull the doll out. Everyone’s looking. You can sense jealousy in their eyes.

 

Then, she sees it. And the smile goes away.

 

What...what’s happening?

 

You hear some rude words while a big, burly man pushes Yoona into a car, throwing you a final, disgusted glance.

 

She lost her smile...

 

Yoona doesn’t love you, Taeyeon.

 

You put the paper bag over your head, tuck the doll under an arm, and walk away.

 

...

 

Wake up, Taeyeon! A brand new day’s ahead of you!

 

You were so silly yesterday. Don’t you realize that Yoona’s busy with modeling, acting, and her music? She has no time for a girlfriend. And to think you were actually heartbroken.

 

Hwang Tiffany has a fan signing today to promote her new line of lipstick. New day. New opportunity.

 

You make your way through your cardboard cut-outs. You skip kissing Yoona this time. No more love for her, sadly.

 

Lookin’ hot in your maroon skinny jeans, girl! Better on Tiffany in Galaxy Supernova, though. Don’t forget that pink shirt! Tiffany loves pink, remember?

 

Back to the desk. You turn on your lights.

 

Gotta pump up the volume here, Kim.

 

You examine the Tiffany doll’s face, internally swooning. Tiffany’s mini. Tiffini. You’re on a roll. Don’t forget that joke on your first date!

 

Now, what do you love most about Tiffany? Her eye-smile! Melts your heart every time.

 

Test the temperature on that portable stove. Yeesh! That’s hot! Not as hot as Fany-ah. You take a melon baller and hold it over the heat. Careful! 2nd-degree burns are so unattractive.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter