Cheater

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

He tilted my chin up, examining my features in the mirror with a critical eye before pinning the last clip into place.

 “You look beautiful,” he breathed. “I mean it.”

 “Thanks,” you blushed, looking down again. “Thank you, Baekhyun, for everything.”

 You were dressed in an elegant cream-colored dress that flowed down to the ground in the back and just below your knees in the front. Your face was coated with light touches of makeup that brought out you eyes and mouth. Your hair was elaborately curled and twisted to drape down your shoulder. You looked absolutely stunning.

 Baekhyun was your best friend who just so happened to be your personal stylist. Every big event you had coming up, you always went to him for help. You bonded over similar interests and a love for the latest trends in fashion. 

 He gave you a half-hearted smile. “Go get him.”

 Today was the anniversary of your first year with your boyfriend. You were planning to surprise him with dinner and hoped that everything would go smoothly.

 You swung your arms around Baekhyun, hugging him gratefully. He hesitated before sliding his arms around your waist.

 What you didn’t know was the fact that Baekhyun was in love with you. It hadn’t taken him long to figure that out, but he always kept it to himself, afraid to admit it. When you first started dating your boyfriend, he was heartbroken. But he put on a brave face and prayed that maybe someday, you could see him in a different light.

 He helped you call a cab to your boyfriend’s apartment, reminding you to keep him updated.

 You smiled in anticipation when you arrived outside of the apartment complex, gliding out of the cab fluidly. 

 You could barely contain yourself from running u

Please log in to read the full chapter