Outlaws

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Faster, faster!” he chided. You chuckled at his eagerness, stumbling over your clumsy feet.

“Where are we going?” you asked for the thousandth time.

“It’s a surprise,” he smirked over his shoulder.

You rolled your eyes at that and let him tug you along the hallways of the school until you reached the composition class.

He dragged two stools out and made you sit in one as he ran to grab something from the closet. 

You blushed when he emerged with his guitar and you wondered what miracle of a song he had come up with this time.

“Do lyrics just flow out of you like water, Lay?” you asked, thoroughly impressed.

“Depends on the inspiration,” he answered vaguely, his dimple showing as he flashed a smile.

You waited patiently as he tuned his guitar, getting comfortable before looking up at you again.

“Hope you like this one,” he whispered, suddenly shy.

“I always like your songs,” you murmured in encouragement. He took a deep breath and began strumming the first few chords.

 

‘I took you at your word. When you said you would steal my heart. Yeah this might sound absurd, but would you be my thief, take all of me. Every part. 

Love, love, love is my crime. So baby, come catch me and let’s do the time. 

I think we might be outlaws. I think I might be in love. Cause I’m all out of reasons, like seasons, winter, summer, fall. They all washed up. 

If you’re still way over there. Maybe slide on in, by my side. I’m just an outlaw, wanted, if you want me.

I love you everyday and every night.

Oh whoa.

Lock me up for good. Right here in your arms. You vandalize my neighborhood, with your piercing eyes and devilish charm. So baby, come catch me and let’s do the time.

I think we might be outlaws. I think I might be in love. Cause I’m all out of reasons, like seasons, winter, summer, fall. They all washed up. 

If you’re still way over there. Maybe slide on in, by my side. I’m just

Please log in to read the full chapter