Part 2

April Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2

Yunho woke up with a groan, feeling a little lethargic. Indisposed and feeling too sluggish to get up, something in the back of his mind kept telling him that he had some unfinished business to take care of. He yawned, stretching his arms to get rid of the tension in his tingling limbs, soon pulling them back to rub his tired eyes. As soon as he opened them, however, he was greeted by one of his most feared beings. A clown. It’s face was just inches away from his own, giving Yunho a defined look into the eyes and face of a childhood nightmare. He could see a few beads of sweat rolling down the white covered pasty skin, taking some face paint along with it. The black drawn in eyebrows emphasized the clown’s relation to creepy inanimate dolls. Red paint covered well over the clowns mouth, drawing over to it’s cheeks in a giant smile. It had an adverse effect on Yunho as it only reminded him of a mouth sliced open past it’s normal limit -- to create a wider smile-- covered in blood, just like the victims in slashy horror films. It’s giant red nose stood out most of all. Popping out as it took on most of the clown’s face. Yunho felt a small brush on the tip of his nose when the clown got too close and his eyes widened in panic. A terrifying scream tore through the air. It took Yunho a few seconds before he realized that it was his own. He punched the clown in the face before falling off the couch, stumbling as he ran out of the room while the clown was still down.

Jaejoong and Jihyun immediately rushed into the living room to help the clown up once Yunho was out of sight.

“Oh my gosh! I didn’t know he would do that! Are you ok?” Jaejoong panicked as he and Jihyun helped the clown stand up. Jaejoong examined the bump that quickly formed on the clown’s cheekbone.

“I’ll go get some ice to stop the swelling,” Jihyun said as she ran to the kitchen.

“I’m so sorry Hyunjoong, I didn’t know that Yunho would react like that. I thought he would just scream and faint again,” Jaejoong apologized.

“That’s ok.” Hyunjoong forced smile, quickly wincing after. “I think you should go find your boyfriend and console him though. I think he’s still panicking.”

“Are you sure? You don’t need anything?” Jaejoong asked.

“It’s not that bad.” Hyunjoong chuckled. “His reaction was funny, even if it did cost me a little pain.”

“Yeah, that scream of his was funny wasn’t it,” Jaejoong laughed. “You sure you don’t need anything?” he asked once more.

“I’ll take care of him, you go find your boyfriend,” Jihyun said with a wink as she walked into the room holding a bag of ice. Jaejoong nodded in reply, giving Hyunjoong one last glance before walking out of the room to find Yunho.

After looking through most of the rooms of the house, he eventually found his lover in the upstairs bathroom, sitting inside the tub. He was hugging his knees to his chest as he rocked back and forth.

“Yunho? Honey? Are you ok?” Jaejoong asked in a comforting tone, as a parent would to a frightened child. He made his way over to his huddled boyfriend and crouched down beside him, a comforting hand on his back.

Yunho slowly looked up at him before stuttering. “The clown…” He gulped. “Is it gone?”

Jaejoong shook his head at how his strong-- and usually manly-- lover could become this way over a clown.

“He’s down stairs recovering from the bruise you just gave him. You shouldn’t have punched him Yunho. It was just a joke,” Jaejoong explained.

“What?... why?” Jaejoong felt a little guilty as he saw Yunho’s face. He could tell that Yunho felt betrayed, the way his eyebrows were pulled together in confusion. How his mouth was partly open in a frown. And the gleam of Yunho’s teary eyes as the bathroom light shined on him. However, Jaejoong couldn’t stifle a laugh at the sight of his lover acting like a little kid.

Jaejoong shook his head with a giggle. “Don’t worry my little Yunniebear,” Jaejoong cooed as he kissed his lover on the lips, feeling Yunho quiver in the kiss. He pulled back, looking at his lover’s cute face before helping him up.

“Come on, you have to face your fears,” Jaejoong said as he tried to lead his lover to the hallway, but as Yunho heard what he said, he immediately pulled back with wide eyes.

“No! I’m not going down there!” He yelled.

“Then we’ll go home.” Jaejoong quickly ‘made up’ his mind as he turned and started to walk away. Yunho panicked and ran after him, grabbing his hand and successfully stopping him. Jaejoong turned around and looked at his boyfriend, waiting for a response. Yunho looked down nervously. Jaejoong was growing impatient and spoke up.

“If you don’t want to face your fears, then let’s go home. There’s no other reason to stay here. You fainted when seeing Jihyun’s birth video, which was very rude by the way, and even punched her husband in the face! We need to go home now if you aren’t man enough to apologize to them.” Jaejoong pulled back his hand and started walking forward again, causing Yunho to run in front of him with his arms out, blocking Jaejoong from going any further.

“No!..I-I’ll ap-apologize,” Yunho stuttered. Jaejoong’s face immediately lit up with a smile.

“Great! Let’s go!” Jaejoong pulled Yunho’s arm to follow him to the living room. Yunho gulped as soon as he saw the clown that was sitting on the living room couch, holding an ice pack to his face. All the color was drained from Yunho’s face. He instantly jerked back, pulling Jaejoong along with him.

“I change my mind. I-I don’t think I can do this.”

“Then do you want to go home instead?” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow. When he got no response from the other, he looked at his watch.

“It is kinda late, and I’m kinda tired.” Jaejoong faked a yawn, of course he wasn’t tired, he was too excited to pull the biggest part of the prank on Yunho.

“Fine!... I’ll do it.”

“Good boy.” Jaejoong praised as he ruffled Yunho’s hair. They both made their way over to the couch, where Hyunjoong waited. Jaejoong pushed Yunho closer, putting a lot of effort into it since Yunho stopped moving his feet after making it halfway across the room. Yunho s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter