Saturday Night (Part I)

Miss Chu
Please log in to read the full chapter
  ♡ ♡ ♡ Chapter Nine: Saturday Night (Part I) ♡ ♡ ♡    

      Eunji sets the cherry pastry and mango bubble tea Namjoo had ordered on the coffee table before them, plopping down on the couch beside the younger girl afterwards. "So I stand corrected," she shrugs a bit, looking to the honey-haried girl with a slight smile. "Queenkas can be nice. But there's no need to rub it in..." she raises both her eyebrows, "Right?"

      Namjoo laughs, leaning forward and taking the yellow, plastic cup from it's place on the table. She puts the brightly colored straw to her lips, smiling, "Of course there is!" she exclaims, taking a long sip of her drink. She chews on a tapioca ball, "I was right and you were wrong. That hardly ever happens you know."

      "True." Eunji nods in agreement, chuckling.

      "So don't I have the right to say 'I told you so' then?"

      Eunji purses her lips in thought, her eyes still smiling cheerfully. This is the first she has actually hung out with Namjoo since she had met Naeun a few weeks ago, and oh, how she had craved this. She had missed Namjoo greatly. They had been friend's ever since Eunji could remember. Their parents had been friends even before the two girls were born and so, they had just always been together. And these past weeks had just felt a bit empty without Namjoo in them. She was always suppose to be there, side by side with Eunji.

      "Fine," Eunji sighs in defeat, dramatically collapsing on to Namjoo's lap as though she had fainted, "Just get it over with."

      Namjoo beams with triumph, "I told you so!"

 

      "Got any plans for the weekend?"

      Eunji hums in responds, nodding her head. "Yup," she kicks at a partly crushed soda can in the middle of the sidewalk as though it is a soccer ball. Namjoo and her had spent the whole afternoon at the Jung's Coffee & Tea shop and now they were finally heading home, the sun setting behind them as they walk on. "You know that awful boy Yoseob?" she kicks the can into the street, looking over at Namjoo with a raised eyebrow.

      "Yeah, I do." Namjoo rolls her eyes at the very mention of his name, "He's such douche-bag."

      Eunji chuckles, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, he is and that's exactly why Naeun and I are going to crash his party tomorrow." She grins a little evilly, noticeable excitement coursing through her. "We're gonna trash his house."

      "He deserves it."

      "Right?" She chuckles, "Anyway, do you wanna come with? It's going to be very fun."

      "Can't." Namjoo shakes her head, a dreamy smile present on her face. "Hayoung and I are going to the park."

      Eunji raises both her eyebrows, her face painted with a knowing, smug look.

      Namjoo's face grows bright red at Eunji's expression, "Oh, shut up!" she exclaims, placing her hands on her warm cheeks to hide her embarrassment.

      "I haven't said anything yet!" the older girl protests, trying to act innocent, though the corner of is pulling into a grin. Even without Namjoo telling her she knew Namjoo had a thing for Hayoung. She might've even figured it out before the younger girl.

      "But you're thinking it!" Namjoo crosses her arms, jutting out her lower lip. "Hayoung and I are only friends."

      Eunji grins fully this time, not convinced in the slightest that they are 'only friends'. "For now..." she taunts.

      Namjoo stops in her tracks, smacking the older girl's arm, "Yah!"

      "Oh, no need to get so embarrassed, Namie!" Eunji sing-songs, throwing her arms around Namjoo's waist. She smirks at the younger, "Naeun and I are a couple too~"

      "What?!"

 

♡ ♡ ♡

the next day.

      Eunji hummed the theme song to Mission: Impossible as Naeun and her both filled the younger's purse with the canisters of spray paint they had "borrowed", as Eunji put it, from Naeun's older brother. And the entire twenty minute car ride to Yoseob's house, they both passionately—and idiotically to say the least—hummed and sung it. It was quite the marvel to see actually, with them both dancing in their seats and laughing hysterically. If the composers of the famous movie theme had been there, surely they would have face-palmed.

      Naeun shivers as she exits her car, shutting the door behind her. She has definitely worn the wrong outfit for tonight: It's probably forty degrees outside and not to mention it's raining and windy as hell—not the best weather for her gold, sequin, strapless mini dress. She should have at least brought a coat, but she didn't think of that when she was getting dressed. The only thing she concerned herself with then was looking natural and nonchalant enough so as to not get caught.

Please log in to read the full chapter