01

Hateful Jung Sohee

"I am Jung Sohee, the only legitimate heiress of Jung Pharmaceutical Corporation, one of the largest conglomerate in Asia, and Korea’s official representative to the International Medical and Pharmaceutical Industry . That’s all I have to say. Thank you–"

Look at those shocked expressions. It’s not like they never heard the world legitimate before. As if, they don’t talk about us behind their backs. I huffed, annoyed at the fake offended expressions of my so-called relatives. What’s so wrong about mentioning it in public. Everyone knows who I am. The purest among the pure. The pureblood Jung, that everyone hated. As the camera focused on my grandfather, I smirked. As expected, only one appreciates my bluntness.

My mother married his own brother.
Before you judge, let me tell you they were considered the most normal people in the family. was a tradition practiced in the Jung household.

While the rest of their brothers and sisters defied the rule of the elders, my parents obediently followed, turning their backs on the illusion of freedom and fairytale romance. They accepted their fate with no questions, with no regrets.

Evolutionarily, yes it’s not wise. It was the only logical reason for people to hate it. But ethically? Who needs ethics if you have a bank account enough for you to feel as if you own the world?

Tsk. I grabbed the remote and turned the television off. So much for the media attention. I honestly thought no one cared about me anymore. Afterall, I was the runaway heiress of Jung Corporation. I closed my eyes trying to remember that night -the night Yixing ran away from home with Yoomi.

He begged me to run away too. He made it clear. He doesn’t want the same fate our parents had. I loved Yixing oppa, but like him, that love was not more than as a sibling. So like he said I ran.

Suffocated from the life I had for the past 20 years, I thought being free was the best option I have ever made. I lived life to the fullest then. I partied. I went out with people outside our social circle. People treated me as an equal. They liked me for who I am.

Oppa too, must be living well, happily in love, I said to myself at that time.

A few months passed until I received a call. A call that changed everything.

“You have to go back. Your brother’s dead. That woman killed him.”

And that’s when I knew

Love is nothing but crap.

 It has been 5 years since I returned to Korea and nothing has changed here. People still pretend insisting the conservative culture that has only the eyes for the good and the proper.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as my phone vibrated inside my pocket- for a billion times now.

“Aish! So annoying” I grumbled as I sent my phone flying to god knows where.

“Young miss? Is something wrong?” She froze as she saw bits of my phone scattered all over the place. “Miss shall I pick them over-“   I looked at the person with an icy stare before I motioned her to come near me. She must be new not knowing how things work in this house- my house.

“Pack your things. You’re fired.” I said, face devoid of any emotion.

If there’s one thing, Jung Sohee is known for aside from her lack of manners, it’s her black heart that pushes everyone out.

“But miss-“
“Do I need to spell it out for you? OUT.”
Just like the billion others I’ve fired and tossed away, she ran, tears streaming down her cheeks. Regret dawned to me. Was it pity? No.

I just realized how thirsty I am. I should’ve asked for a glass of water before I fired her.

Being kind and  soft hearted was never in my vocabulary.
Afterall,

I am Jung Sohee.
The hateful Jung Sohee.