2.

Trapped in a box (called reasons)

1 month has already passed since Chen joined in their group of friends. And to Chen's satisfaction, Xiumin had been throwing up less, and slowly adjusting his appetite to what a normal teenager should have. 

Thanks to Chen, Xiumin had became for fit and healthy.

And also because of that, both of them soon became inseperable friends.

And what shocked them the most was that Xiumin began to chat with them during lunch. And he'd been taking dance classes as well as dance club. Of course, Luhan and Sehun was very happy for him, but they're also worried for him at the same time.

They could easily see that Xiumin had been very depended on Chen, and he would go nowhere without the other.

They would eat together, and Xiumin would always worry for what he eat, and Chen's always there to tell him its okay. Sometimes when Xiumin feel unsatisfied with his dance moves, it's Chen who pats Xiumin's back and tell him he'd done well.

Luhan is worried that, if, anything happens in the future, and Chen had to move to another city - well he hope he wouldn't - and Xiumin might not function without him.

He had to take note of that and tell Chen about it.

 

--

 

Xiumin was not stupid, he was not clueless.

He knew he was being too dependent on Chen.

And that is not a good sign of all.

And most important, Xiumin is afraid.

What is Chen leaves one day?

What if Chen gets a girlfriend and abandon him one day?

What if he gets tired of him

What if-

 

"Hey minnie!" comes the awfully familiar voice Xiumin had been used to in just a month.

"H-Hi Chen" Xiumin replied uneasily.

"Are you okay? You sound sick" Chen asked worriedly as he place his palm on Xiumin's forehead.

"I-Im fine .." Xiumin squirmed back avoiding the other's touch.

Chen narrows his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Something's wrong. Tell me." Chen said in a demanding tone.

 

"Nothing's wrong. Come on." Xiumin shakes his head and tugged on Chen's sleeve before walking towards the class.

Chen sighs and follows him.

 

Throughout the classes, Xiumin barely glanced at Chen and kept avoiding Chen.

Something was wrong.

And Chen was definitely not going to let all the hard work in the past month go to waste.

 

During lunch, Xiumin had excused himself early and Chen made sure he went to the library and not the stinky toilet.

When he returned to the table, Luhan had spoke up.

"What's up?" It was 2 simple words, but Chen knew it has a much more meaning.

"I don't know, he has been avoiding me all day! I swear I didn't do anything to displease him!" Chen slumped his shoulders down defeatedly.

Luhan kept quiet and stared at Chen.

"What." 

"I think I know why." Luhan sighed.

"What? Why?" Chen widens his eyes.

 

"He's scared."

 

"Care to elaborate?" asked Chen curiously.

 

"Did you realise that how close both of you are? You know in all my life I've known Xiumin, he never had anyone this close to him in his life." Luhan replied slowly.

"And it's my fault?" Chen sulked.

"No, it's not your fault. But he's afraid to lose you. He's afraid that you would get tired of him. He's afraid that you'll leave him." Luhan explained.

He's afraid that you'll leave him

"I ..." Chen guped visibly.

"Wait, you're not tired of him are you?" Luhan narrowed his eyes.

"What? No! I would never be. B-But what if, what if I moved to another city and- and-" Chen panicked.

"I know, but we never know what'll happen in the future, I .. please. Chen, don't hurt him alright? He's .. like a baby to us, even thought he's the oldest." Sehun nods at the side.

Chen feels like he's missing something.

 

"Wait wait. What about Xiumin's parents, don't they care about him?" Chen asked curiously.

Luhan opened his mouth hesitantly, but shook his head after a while.

"You should ask Xiumin about himself. He will tell you if he decides to." Luhan replied.

"Oh, okay."

"But hey, promise us alright, don't hurt him, or else we will haunt you down!" Luhan chirped.

 

"I ... promise."

 

Im in deep trouble now.

 

--

 

When Chen got back to his house, a figure was slumping in his sofa with a bag of chips beside him, and eyes focusing on the tv infront of him.

"Hyung!" Chen groaned.

"Oh hey Chenchen! How've you been?" The figure turns around and talk with a mouth full of chips.

"What the hell are you doing here?! And don't talk with a mouthful of chips, you're dropping it everywhere!" Chen said as he threw his bag onto the couch and sat at the one beside it.

"Awww is that how you greet your elders?" 

"What? Hyung! Just tell me why you're h-" the phone vibrates in Chen's pocket as the latter took it out immediately.

"-Hang on."

Chen's eeys widen as he sees the caller ID showing up on his phone, and lifted his finger to his lips and glared at the other person in the house.

"Hello?"

"H-Hey Chen .."

"Oh! Hi Minnie, what did you called me for?" 

"U-Uh .. I was wondering if you wanna hang out tonight .. we haven't been hanging out lately ..." Xiumin's guilty voice rang at the other side of the line.

"Oh, sure! Where do you wanna go?"

"7pm, at the cafe right accross school, okay?"

"No problem! Can't wait to see you tonight~"

"B-Bye .." 

Chen smiled as he threw the phone to the couch mindlessly.

"Back to you hyung, why are you here?"

"Nah, I was bored so I came here to check up on you, how's it going?"

"It's fine, I mean, we're good."

"Actually, Zhoumi just wanted me to remind you to always remember the rules, because newbies always tend to make the same mistakes, and we wouldn't our best people to go to waste, especially to not fa-"

"I know I know hyungggg. Not fall in love with each other right?"

"Sigh. You're growing up so fast, Im so touched!" The figure brought his palm up pretending to wipe tears away.

"Siwon hyung!" Chen pouted.

"It's only for your good, you know you have to leave one day so don't get too attached!" 

"I'll remember hyungggg."

beep beep beep beep

Within seconds, Chen's face paled to a extreme shade of white as he looked over to his phone.

 

 

'CALL ENDED 5.23'

 

 


 

Im sorry :'(

 

#RIPEunB
#RIPRise

 

Twitter: @jongaday

Instagram: @chenbaeby