Snippet After 1~

It Had To Be You

wc: 1.102

 

Being lovers with her best friend doesn’t have much different from being the closest friends they were. Especially in the eyes of others. Nobody actually surprised when one day Kris kissed Chanyeol in the cafeteria of their school for everyone to see. Many girls cried and many boys sighed but there’s nothing they can do except admitting that they all had seen it coming.

After highschool come university time.

Kris is studying where all the business mongrel heirs supposed to study and Chanyeol is studying where the next music prodigy should be. Meaning; they study in two different places. Which means it didn’t sit well with Kris.

Recap of what had happened:

“No way. You’ll be far away.” He said when Chanyeol mentioned that she got accepted at the music institute and he just realized said institute is different from his university.

Chanyeol rolled her eyes, “No I won’t. We’re still going to be in the same city. It won’t be different from before, you’ll stay at your dorm and I stay in mine, only for the first year though but we’re in different schools.”

“How’s that not different? We can’t meet between classes because you’re on the other side of town and we know how busy first year gonna be like. We won’t be able to meet everyday.” A slight panicky tone is creeping into his voice.

People say women have clingy/possessive/dependent issue. Well guess what, men also.

Here we have one example named Kris Wu or in his real name: Wu Yifan.

It happened when the two best friends have to be in different dorms in middle school. And it’s happening again now.

Kris has no issue being a child of a pair of successful parents who seldom able to take care of him directly. He was fine being taken care of with by his baby sitter/maid/butlers/tutor and when he met Chanyeol since they were toddlers who have similar life, he was content.

Chanyeol is the only one stable thing in his life. This, he only understand and come fully realized whenever her existence by his side is threatened. Hence the panic mode.

She went to him and climbed into his lap. “Don’t worry babe, we’ll make time for ourselves. Eventhough we can’t meet everyday, we can still meet on the weekend right? You know what they say, absence make the heart grow fonder.”

Kris doesn’t like the idea of them see each other only once a week and he said it. And Chanyeol explained that they have to bear it for at least a year because all freshmen have to stay at their university dorm.

“I don’t care. Whenever I have no night class, I’ll come to yours.” He stated with a sharp look that made his brows sharper.

So Chanyeol nodded to placate him, as always when she realized that nothing can change his mind. It won’t do her anything bad anyway. She know she’d miss him too so if they can meet like every few days it will be good for both of them.

He smiled happily when she nodded, happy that he didn’t meet any argument. “And once first year ends, we’re moving out of the dorms and get a place of our own.”

“Now hold it right there!” she jumped off of his lap and glared at him.

“Why not? Starting by second year it’s not obligatory for us to stay at dorms.”

Chanyeol stared at her boyfriend in disbelieve. “Seeing each other everyday is different from living together Wu Yifan.”

“Yes but why can’t we? We’re going to get married in the end later so why not start earlier? We can use it as practice.” Yifan smiled dopily at his words. That’s a nice idea. Why didn’t he think of it sooner?  They will get married sometime in the future so it really don’t matter when they start living together. The sooner they start living together is even better he thought. They can choose to get married once they think they are ready and until then, they can still happily living together.

He’s so into his mind that he didn’t see her eyes narrowed and turned from disbelieve to anger within a second.

He’s excited to think how their life would be. Once they live together he can start thinking on how he’s going to propose to her, just like how she wants it. He remember she once said that she want her husband to be to propose in the most casual way, but with feeling. She doesn’t need a romantic or pricey set up. She wants it to be filled with love. And not something that happened out of necessity, obligatory or just plain deemed fitting to be.

At this memory he halted his thought. And started to back tracking back to the matter at hand and just now noticed the look on his girlfriend’s face.

“Uh..” Very smart Wu.

Chanyeol crossed her arms.

He jumped to his feet, “I didn’t mean it that way.” He all but shouted panickly. “I didn’t just propose to you. No I didn’t mean to to say anything that could be taken as if I’m proposing to you to marry me in the future like it’s a measly conclusion.”

One perfectly brow arched, “Measly?”

Kris took the last step dividing to hold her but she took a step back. “No, don’t move away from me Chanyeol please.”

And that hopeless tone really get to her.

And as always, this is how they are. One is angry and one try to ask for forgiveness but ended up with the other one who’s angry soothing the one who’s at fault.

“I’m not Yifan.” She said softly. But she stood her ground. He had upset her and as much as she wants to hold him to assure him that he has nothing to worry about she still want to make things clear that he’s not on cleared line yet.

“I’m sorry.” He said seriously.

And she knew that he meant it.

She walked into his arms willingly and he held her tightly.

“I’m sorry. I won’t mention marriage thoughtlessly like that again. We’ll take our relationship one step at a time and I won’t decide on anything without discussing it with you.”

She held him back as tightly, “Okay.”

He kissed her temple lovingly, “Okay.” He pulled away to cup her face in his palms, “But I’ll come by to your dorm in the evening in the days I don’t have a night class and that’s non-negotiable.”

She leaned up and sealed it with kiss, “Okay.”

 

Author's Note: Here come the snippet. A look at their life after they got together.