Sweet Irritation

Wanted

 

It’s turns out that: 8pm in the shed isn’t as suspicious as he thought it was, and that the panicky manager wasn’t either. However it still was suspicious.

 

When Yongjae found himself in this so called “shed” (it really just looked like an extended room) he search high and low for any drugs, anything that even deemed worthy of the time of police and forensic scientist. But he was pleasantly let down when all he found were working tools.

 

It didn’t exactly help anything when Yongnam barged into the room, flailing his gun around.

 

“Hyung,” Youngjae said calmly as he walked up towards the superior. Yongnam flickered his eyes over towards Youngjae and the boy smirked. “You’re an idiot.”


 

However all that had happened a little over an hour ago and they are riding towards a small coffee shop. Apparently coffee shops have business at nighttime too. Odd.

 

“We need to stay energized,” Yongnam tells him as flips through the stations on his radio. His car his a bit beat up, but Youngjae doesn’t mind. All he has is a skateboard that his mother got him for his sixteenth birthday. It’s still in the box, which explains just how useless it is to him. “I found a lead that can help us. But…” Yongnam mumbles something incoherent and Youngjae leans closer to hear.

 

“Excuse me?” He asks but Yongnam only frowns.

 

“If you get in I have no idea how long you’ll actually stay.”

 

“Youngjae takes a few seconds to process this information only because of the shock factor of it all. “So…?” But he’s still quite bemused. “There is no exact due date to this?”

 

Yongnam wears a solemn look and nods. “However when you get to the top chain you’ll have your exact date.”

 

Youngjae nods and ties to keep an apathetic attitude about it. He doesn’t know if on the outside he seems a bit nervous and although he’d never admit it he knows on the inside he’s panicking.

 

+

 

It’s been a week since he’s agreed to be apart of the B.A.P case and although he felt exhilarated he now feels like throwing up in the nearest waste basket.

 

“It’s normal,” a seasoned officer says to him. He smiles and Youngjae can tell that the cop is amused. “I acted the same way.” But Youngjae has a feeling that this nausea will return. But being the well mannered boy he was raised to be he smiles.

 

“Thanks, hyung.” He receives a pat on the shoulder and then Yongnam arrives to shuffle him to his new apartment.  

 

He hops in the car and takes a deep breath. The familiar scent of coffee and smoke flooding his nose. He lets out a hoarse cough and Yongnam looks sheepish. But they don’t speak on it.

 

As they begin to drive Yongnam fiddles with the radio, something he is all too use to. ANd he isn’t surprised when his partner ‘gives up’ on the traditional station. He frowns at the older boy but doesn’t speak.

 

“I have some leads on where you should go.” Yongnam leans over, opening the glove compartment, he pulls out a map and Youngjae can see the sharpie ink that has bleed through. Taking the map in hand Youngjae opens it to see a complicated set of drawn out routes and street names which have blended in together because of the ink. His frown only deepens but he doesn’t complain. Instead he tries to read the jumbles handwriting. Yongnam continues his instructions.

 

“Your name...well you decide. You live with your mom, which will be another undercover cop that will help you out-”

 

“Where will you be?” And Youngjae hates the fact that he sounds desperate almost. He hasn’t had any other partners since he’s started his career and he finds himself quite uncomfortable with switching partners.

 

Yongnam looks a bit bewildered and then flustered but he clears his throat and explains. “Because the case is so huge we will need all the help we can get.” Yongnam says and Youngjae guesses that it makes sense.  “Here,”

 

At a red light Yongnam fumbles once again in the glove compartment and he wants to tell the idiot that he can very just what it is but Yongnam has always been like this. He’s always had a little bit too much hospitality. He throws an I.D card at Youngjae and Youngjae catches it looking at his name which is printed in bold red letters.

 

“You work at a bakery, just got the job.”

 

“Wait what?” Youngjae’s brows furrow together. “I thought you said-”

 

“One of the members of the gang works there. He’s pretty high up, if you impress him then you may be able to get into the top chain much faster.”

 

And although the idea doesn’t sit well with Youngjae, he nods and listens to the undercover story to which he has been assigned.

 

When they finally arrive at the apartment Youngjae is a bit taken aback. It’s a decent apartment, something he was not expecting. He undoes his seatbelt and get’s out quickly as to not have Yongnam carry his bags. As much as he’s grateful to the older for being...considerate at times it becomes too much.

 

So once he’s grabbed his bags and headed towards the apartment he’s left big himself to look over folders of the B.A.P group. Even when he researched online there still wasn’t much to go by. It’s easier to have a standard ideal of what you deal with before you're dealing with it.

 

There is also another  folder compiled of fake I.D’s and birth certificates. Yongnam lied when he said he could try and come up with his own name, but he guesses the one that he was left with is fine, it doesn’t matter much anyways.

 

Apparently he’s a university dropout who is struggling to help out his mother. His mother also seems to be the reason why he is joining a gang. For extra to cash to ‘help’ with rent. Cliche, he thinks to himself and rolls his eyes.

 

He then grabs hold of a more interesting folder. A piece of paper is stapled onto the top of it and the words  Zelo are rested onto. He frowns and opens it up.  

 

There is a blurred picture of someone (he assumes it’s Zelo of course) getting into a car. However not much else is revealed in the picture. Youngjae doesn’t think much more on it and his eyes scan down the paper. A lot of information is unknown. Name, Date of Birth, Relatives, Nationally, etc…

 

Youngjae frowns his brows, annoyed and moves on to the next folder. It provides the same result. There isn’t even a name for the person it belongs to, and the picture is a blurred back of the head, which evidently does nothing for Youngjae. SO he goes on to the next folder and the next only to find the same results popping up each time and it’s incredibly frustrating. Yet the last one seems to hold some result.

 

Jung Daehyun is the name that is printed on the papers. The photo shows an actual face, it looks like it is taken from a license of some sort. Yet Youngjae is surprised because he wasn’t expecting someone so young...and non-threatening. It’s a change in the people he is use to, be happily accepts it and places that folder to the side. However there is a small posted note that has the following message:

 

Suspected member. Please identify relationship to B.A.P.

 

This confuses Youngjae as he scans over the records that this Jung Daehyun has. And really it’s not much. There is actually nothing, his grades seemed average, nothing special. No arrest, no warrants. It’s a clean record, and this makes Youngjae wonders exactly what Jung Daehyun has done to catch the attention of the officers.

 

+

 

He hates the outfit that he has been thrown in. It’s a pretty in pink type of outfit that has a picture of a cupcake on the small pocket. The pants a dull grey and Youngjae has had to wear a headband with the picture of a cupcake, either that or he had dye his hair blonde, again. And that was certainly not going to happen.

 

He snorts at himself in the mirror and he can hear Yongnam now just cackling  like mad. It seemed like no matter the promotion he would always be stuck with the worst jobs. So he huffs out a breath and takes another long and hard stare at himself in the mirror. “This ,” He mutters under his breath but somehow finds himself muttering a string of greetings.

 

“Hello, welcome to SISTAR Cupcakes, the best sweets and treats in the galaxy!” He says with feigned happiness. And it bugs him to no end.

 

He hears the honking of Yongnam’s car and he places on his winter coat, although the snow hasn’t fallen yet the chill was in the air, nipping at his skin. He had been sure to pack multiple coats for the future winter cold.

 

When he get’s to Yongnam’s car and opens the door he gives the older boy a cold hard stare. “Don’t say anything.”

 

Yongnam nods and tries to oblige, but as soon as the older boy drops him off and Youngjae slams the car door he can hear Yongnam’s hysterical laughter.

 

Youngjae ignores it, not before mentally flipping off his hyung who acts like dongsaeng. “Immature idiot,” Youngjae mumbles but fixes a smile on his face as he enters the small bakery. It’s very homey looking and pink. Although he didn’t really expect anything else.

 

He cautiously takes a look around him and sees a pretty long line of people waiting to order and another long most likely waiting to order. The don’t exactly seem thrilled to see him but it does pull a smirk on some people’s faces seeing how ridiculous he looks.

 

“Oh good you’re here! Come with me!” Youngjae barely has enough time get both feet through the door before he is dragged off to the back of the kitchen and whoever drags him has stopped them both in front of a sink.

 

Youngjae glances up at the person that has a vice like grip on his wrist and he tries not to snort or bust out laughing. Blonde hair and the cupcake hair accessory? Did Youngjae miss something in the manual? It then takes him a bit longer to realize exactly who he is looking at.

 

“Jung Daehyun?” He peeps out and before he can even stop it the blonde haired employee looks over at him with a confused smile.

 

“Um...yes?” He questions as he let’s go of Youngjae’s wrist which Youngjae is trying hard to not rub because it hurts so bad. He’s sure the guy has left a mark.

 

“Oh, just making sure that it is you.” He says lamely with an embarrassed smile.

 

However Jung Daehyun doesn’t seem amused and points to his name badge on his apron which is surprisingly the color green. “Well you got it right. Congrats. Now do these dishes while I go handle our customers.”  

 

And Youngjae has to bite back the urge to throw the apron, which he now has, on the ground. And he watches as Daehyun hurries out of the kitchen and into an office.  

 

He also watches a chef places another pot into the sink and looks at him like a piece of trash. “Can you get on that? Or should I call the manager up?”

 

Youngjae without speaking get’s to work  on the dishes.

 

Worst promotion ever.

 

+

 

The world is a horrible place, with horrible rules and horrible, horrible ways he needs to follow them. Because Youngjae is not happy. He is not happy with his new job, his cheeks hurt from smiling so much and his hands are pruned. Besides he’s never been bumped into so many times and not one person had said sorry.

 

He’s currently sitting at one of the tables waiting for his ride (Yongnam) to pick him up and take him so they can work on a plan for effectively getting the information they need.

 

He hears a chair being pulled out in front of him and he looks up to find Jung Daehyun. He swears the guy had been hiding the whole entire day! And now he has a plate with a piece of velvet cake on it, half of it is already gone.

 

“How did you enjoy your first day?” He asks, not even looking at Youngjae, but Youngjae can see the evident smirk that is on his face and glares at it.

 

“It was amazing! Washing dishes, being cramped in a kitchen! Everything I ever dreamed of!” Youngjae snorts sarcastically, not caring about the rules of honorification. He doesn’t give a at this point. It’s not his real job.

 

Jung Daehyun looks up at him with a mouth full of red velvet cake and swallows before bursting out laughing.

 

Youngjae glares at him. “What!” He yells, his patience dwindling.

 

“I honestly didn’t expect you to be sassy. You were smiling the whole time and it really was kind of creepy.”

 

“Just as creepy as you stalking off all day in the backroom?” Youngjae retorts.

 

And with just that statement it seems like a fire has lit inside of Jung Daehyun. “You were waiting for me? How sweet.” He cooes and pops another piece of his cake into his mouth.

 

“Waiting to kick your ,” Youngjae mumbles, and it isn’t true. It is only now that the blonde bastard has pissed him off. He really didn’t care about his existence before. He would only anticipate the blonde to come out of his hole so that he could see his behavior and what not.

 

It’s sad that Youngjae already hates him.

 

Youngjae soon finds his phone vibrating in his pocket and he picks it up with haste.

 

“Hello?”

 

“I’m here.”

 

And Youngjae doesn’t even say goodbye or look twice. He walks straight out of the bakery and into the car.

 

Yongnam looks at him a bit displeased. “Where’s my chocolate cake?” He questions with a pout.

 

And with a roll of Youngjae’s eyes the younger answers, “Up your .”