Promotion

Wanted

Yoo Youngjae isn’t exactly fond of what he does. It’s not exactly the most extravagant thing in the world but he guesses it could be worse but the fact of the matter is it isn’t. So therefore this was the worst that it got.

 

“Ah, I like it on you. It fits you just right.” His tongue is like a piece of metal so thick and so hard for him to use yet the words come out easily, slick and smooth and the girl giggles while hiding a blush.

 

Youngjae can’t help but ask exactly why he is here.

 

He’s a cop for goodness sake! Not some noona’s eye candy! He doesn’t exactly enjoy the way the women oggle  him and flirt him. The women were were wedded, and it only makes him shiver thinking about it. At least on the inside. But on the outside he’s quite...charming.

 

He smiles sweetly at the women who floats around in the long lace dress. She twirls and laughs and asks about every aspect of her body. Do her look good? Are her curves okay? She’s not too short in the dress is she? And all Youngjae does is smile and answer politely everything she wants to hear.

 

While Youngjae is all for boost of morale he doesn’t exactly like vanity. It’s a pretty ugly thing on such beautiful people.

 

The woman stops her floating and flaunting about on the small stage they had set up. No one else is with her besides her mother who looks like she’s about ready to tear the dress off the girl and stuff it back on the rack because she knows just like Youngjae. The woman is not going to buy this dress.  

 

“Hmm, I like the color and the lace. The flow is quite great too…” The woman starts off but Youngjae doesn’t pay much attention because this is not his job. He won’t try at something he is not getting paid for. He won’t put his best foot forward for something that is only going to last a day. “So can I come back later and see if I really want this dress?” The woman bats her eyelashes and flashes a small smile at him. Youngjae only nods all too grateful for her to leave.

 

The mother get’s up too. She has a bit of a struggle since she seems so...old. And as she walks by Youngjae she gives him a sympathetic look. “She won’t come back.” She offers this small truth that Youngjae already knows.

 

He doesn’t care anyways. He won’t come back either. He has a drug dealer to catch anyways and his next appointment isn’t until two hours. So he decides to snoop around.

 

Not many people work at Secret Bridal. It’s a small group of people around six consultants, and three managers, then you have your ten people in alterations and what not. However they are all very friendly but he didn’t come to the shop to make friends. He’s done this plenty of times. He never makes friends.

 

Solitude isn’t a problem for Youngjae. Bad guys who do bad things for quick money are his problem and he is determined to fix that.

 

He peeks his head inside one of the managers offices. It’s small; not much space. It’s very unorganized and it hurts Youngjae to see this. He’s a fairly tidy person a bit of a neat freak if you really wanted to go there and this is a horrible situation. He doesn’t go fully inside the room and he just stares. He looks at all the papers strewn about but finds something odd about one of them. It’s neatly placed on a binder and it reads:

 

8pm in the shed.

 

Interesting.

 

“Um excuse me? Did you need something Youngjae?” Although he is startled by the sudden voice he turns around and smiles as if he isn’t fazed and gives the woman a sheepish look.

 

“My appointment ended earlier than expected. Do you need any help with anything?” His puts on his best innocent smile and the woman blushes pushing her glasses up. She seems a bit disgruntled as she pushes past him into her office. But she does offer a shaky smile.

 

“No, how about you take an early lunch break? I’m sure you’re hungry.”

 

He shrugs, “Alright, sounds good to me.”

 

She nods and then shoos him away while closing the door and he swears she even locked it. He only walks out of the building, trying hard not to smirk. He already has his suspect who is flustered like crazy. She seems extremely paranoid about something.

 

He walks out of the bridal shop with thoughts about his current mission running his head. He had done this plenty of times before. Even though he was just a starter in the field he got the hang of it pretty quickly; he thanks his mother for those theater classes he use to complain about everyday now.

 

The job, although it seemed simple was tricky. Different backgrounds called for different personalities. Yet Youngjae kept to the same mysterious smiling fool. It was a pretty easy role to play. Just smile but don’t give up too much information. And all of this was extremely boring! He was usually witty and outgoing when he wasn’t undercover.

 

You don’t get the rough and tough jobs at the beginning of your career as you go undercover. And the most people that go undercover in just one mission is around two people. Usually you have two informers. It was like being in two different places at once. But while one was stuck in a bridal shop offering flat compliments his partner got all the excitement. He was usually facing the brunt of the danger. Youngjae wanted to be him. He wanted to be the undercover cop who saw the dirty lives of criminals and who locked them away. He wanted them to remember him...and as sick as it seemed he wanted them to come back for him and see that he was living in sweet luxury while they were behind bars.

 

Youngjae decides that this train of thought is just too twisted. His mother would scold him, most definitely.

 

So he takes the opportunity to contact his partner. The guy was around four years older than him and had a nag for getting information too late. He would tell him about where to meet up now instead of telling him later and having the idiot receive the information too late.

 

He pulls out his outdated flip phone with a scowl and quickly texts: Meet me at 7, the usual.  

 

+

 

Yongnam punches the wall his face contorted in anger and a deep sense of hurt. It’s been way too long and he is honestly terrified to death by this. The darkness is consuming his other half, he can feel it and he knows that he can’t show his face, at least not yet. He tried to do it on his own, giving Youngjae a worthless mission while he scooped out something bigger.

 

But it seems his plans have failed, so he let’s the tears fall quickly and swiftly down his cheeks. He feels his phone ding; he’s gotten a message. Yet he doesn’t bother to read it, he only calls the number and barely before the second the ring the voice answers.

 

“I’m on lunch break, what.” And he can’t help but smile.

 

“You talk to your hyung like that?”

 

There is short pause before the person on the other line answers bluntly, “Yes.”

 

Yongnam laughs, not because it’s funny just because he didn’t expect anything so dry. “Well as your boss I have good news for you.”

 

“You’re going to give me a raise and let me work for the job I trained for?”

 

Yongnam shrugs. “Well you’ll be getting a mighty fine raise if you do this assignment I have for you. Think of it like a promotion…”

 

+

 

Youngjae hangs up the phone, the food on his plate looking not so appetizing and a heavy drink seeming relevant. He would invite his friends to celebrate, but the secret was to be kept between him and Yongnam. He can feel the excitement course through his body.

 

Finally. He thinks to himself. I should probably do more research on this B.A.P gang.  

 

And that’s exactly what his does. He knows B.A.P, it’s hard not to know B.A.P. They have been everywhere on the news yet Youngjae didn’t know the extent of their crimes. He hopes it’s not something silly and he hopes that his excitement doesn’t clear before it is all over.

 

TBC