When you break up with him after he makes a stupid mistake

One shots

"Are you ready (y/n)?" Your friend Suzy, who you were staying with until your parents got back from their business trip, asked as she poked her head into your room.

"Oh um-"

"Ugh no you're not, hurry up and let's get your dress on, they'll be here any minuet!" She said a little aggravated.

She walked over to the closet and pulled out the sleek black prom dress. 

"Now strip." She said, and on her command, You removed your previous clothes and slipped into the dress. Just as she began to pull the zipper up your boyfriend appeared in the doorway.

"Oh ___, hey.. I didn't hear you come in.." You say to him.

"Suzy mom let us in" he said, placing a short but sweet kiss on your lips.
 "Ok let's go!" Suzy said.

"Ok" You say and take his hand, grabbing the pair of high heels just before leaving the room. 

~~~~~

When you got to the hotel your prom was being held in the guys were the first to get out of the car and lead you and your friends in.

You squeezed ___'s hand, feeling a little nervous. You were never the out going type, ___ was. He's popular, You on the other hand, are not. You are the complete opposite. You were somewhere between a nerd and a nobody, so you thought.
You had never been asked to dances or anything like that, and all the boyfriends You had in the past always took advantage of you, only wanted you for your smarts and your body.
So you were never really sure why he liked you.
But ___ was different. He saw something different in you, he didn't see you as a nerd or a nobody, but as beautiful girl. Ever since you had transferred to his school halfway through the year, he couldn't keep his mind off you. You were his entire world and he wanted to show you that tonight.

As you walked into the spacious room, you noticed how lights and paper stars hung from the ceiling, and the scenery all around resembled Paris, the theme for this years prom.  

Just as soon as you set your things down on a table your friends had already placed their things on,  ___ grabbed your hand and let out to the dance floor.

~~~~~
"We'll be revealing the prom king and queen here in a few minuets" your principle spoke in the microphone and  everyone had taken a seat at a table. You sat with ___, Ari, another of your friends, Suzy and their boyfriends. 

After everyone was settled, your principle stepped back to the microphone, this time with two white envelopes in his hands.

"Okay everyone, for prom king, you have chosen.." He started as he opened the envelope "___!" He said and your boyfriend smiled and looked at you before standing up and walking up to the stage, where a crown was placed on his head. Everyone applauded as him as he stood there. 

That's when you slipped into your own world. 
___ was perfect in your world. When he had asked you out you almost couldn't believe it. He was the man of your dreams.
But you had your ups and downs, most of his friends never talked to you because your un-popularity, but he always reassured you how much he really did love you.

"And your prom queen is (enter a name of a girl you don't like)..."
You came back to reality after hearing that name. 
You looked up and saw her making her way towards the stage, towards your boyfriend. 

She the one who always humiliated you, always trying to make life miserable for you.
From what you had heard, before you had come to this school, she and ___ had some kind of thing between them, but she claims that you came in and ruined it all.
She  was always trying to get ___ to break up with you, so she could get back with him.
But all she wanted to really do is make your life a living hell.

A tiara was placed on her head, and she grabbed ___'s hand, and he smiled at her. 
You could feel your heart break a little, but you knew it was nothing, you hoped it was nothing. 

"Now it's time for the prom king and queen to have their dance" another person said into the microphone as ___ led (girl you don't like) to the dance floor, where they danced to a slow song. 

It was hard for you to watch and Ari and Suzy noticed.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Ari asked 

"Yea, yea I'm fine" you said with a fake smile.

Once the dance ended, one last song played before prom was finally over. 
___ made his way back over to the table and sat down.

"Baby do you want to-" he started

"___! Hey come on, we're going to the after party!" One of his friends came over and said.

"Oh I'm fine, you guys go" he said.

"But I think the prom king needs to come.." (Girl you don't like) said as she stepped out from behind his friend.

"She's right come on" his friend said 

"Ok, I'll go" he said and he started to take your hand.

"But one thing, she can't come." (Girl you don't like) said.

"Well then I don't want to-" 

"___ go... I'll be fine" you say.

"But (y/n).."

"Really..just go and have fun!" You said with another fake smile.

"Are you sure?" He asked

"Yes, now go" you say.

"Ok, but I won't stay long a-and I'll come to your place tonight-"

"___ just go" you smiled and he let out a sigh, before getting up and kissing you good bye.

~~~~

You went back to Suzy's home alone, since she had gone with her boyfriend back to his place.

___ on the other hand sat on a couch in a crowed hotel suite, making out with (girl you don't like).
She had somehow managed to get him drunk, and he was no longer thinking strait and things began to escalate between them.
unaware of this, tired, also fearing that ___ was never really going to come over, you fell asleep.

~~~~

"Do you think she saw any of the pictures?" 

"I hope not..she would be crushed"

You heard voices, and began to wake up.

"Well we're going have to tell her somehow.." 

"Tell me what?" You sat up and brought your knees up to your chest.

Ari and Suzy who sat the edge of your end looked at you with wide eyes.

"Um..(y/n) d-did you see any of the pictures from the after party last night?" Suzy asked.

"No..why?" You asked a little confused.

"Well (y/n).... ____, he um..he.." Suzy started.

"That cheated on you!" Ari yelled.

"H-he what?" You asked, hoping that she was joking with you, but then again who would joke about something like that?

"Here" she said and handed you her phone.
 there was a picture of ___ and (girl you don't like) kissing that was uploaded to Instagram by one of ___'s friends.

"Oh my god" you said in a whisper, as tears began to form in your eyes.

"(Y/n) it'll be okay, you'll find some one a million times better than him, I promise." Suzy said as she and Ari came and hugged you.

~~~~
On the other side of town , ___ was just waking up.
He stretched his arm out and his hand had brushed against something else that was in the bed. He turned over and saw another body.
At first thinking it was you, he went to give you a hug but as he got closer, he noticed a tattoo on the shoulder of the girl. It wasn't you.
He immediately sat up and realized he was . He looked over at the girl and noticed she was to.
He looked around the room and saw that it was a hotel room, not his.

"Oh my god (y/n)!" He said and jumped out of the bed and went around the room gathering  his clothes and putting them on, before running out of the room.

He tried to call you but you wouldn't answer, so he drove to your apartment.

When he arrived, he ran up to the door and began to knock, hoping  you would open the door.
"(Y/n) baby.." He started as the door opened but stopped when he saw Ari.

"You've got a lot of nerve to show up here." She said.

"I can explain! I was drunk, she got me drunk..and I didn't even realize what had happened till I woke up next to her this morning-"

"You slept with her too?!" Ari asked 

"I didn't mean too, I... Please just don't tell (y/n).." He pleaded

"____ just leave, she doesn't want to see you." Your friend said just bores slamming the door.

~~~~

"Are you ready to go?" Suzy asked you.

"Yea, um just a sec" you said as you finished buttoning up your white uniform shirt, and straitened out your  navy blue skirt.
You grabbed your grey sweater and backpack just before running out of your room.
You stopped and looked at your phone which had lit up with another missed text from ___.
But you left it there, on the night stand, and walked out of the room. 

"Here" Suzy said and held out a bagel wrapped in a napkin towards you.

"Thanks but I'm not hungry..." You said and put your shoes on.

"(Y/n) you haven't eaten since.."

"I'm not hungry." You cut her off and made your way of the house and to her car.
~~~~
The ride to school was silent and very uneasy for you.
How were you going to face it?
Seeing him in person..
You thought maybe if you just avoided it, you two would go your own ways and forget about it.

Suzy pulled into the student parking lot of your high school and parked the car.

"I can't do this. I can't go in there." You said as your eyes began to swell up with tears.

"Hey don't cry, you'll mess up your makeup..and yes you can go in there. Just hold your head up high, make him regret what he's done even more." She said "now let's go or we'll be late" she got out of the car.

After a couple of seconds you slowly got out the car and followed her into the school. 
You avoided eye contact with everyone as you made your way to your locker.
Lord knows the whole school had seen the picture and heard the rumors, and the last thing you wanted was to be reminded of it.

Out of the corner of your eye you saw ___, and he looked like a mess.
He stood there as his friends around him talked and laughed.
His eyes lit up when he saw you, he wanted to talk to you, but not with all these people around.
He wanted to tell you how sorry he was, but he knew words would never be enough for what he had done.
He saw how you looked, the smile that was always on your face was no longer there, and your eyes were brimmed with tears, and how you refused to turn his way.
He hated himself.

~~~~

You had succeeded in not running into ___ the whole day, and headed to your locker to put your things away.

As you put your math book into your locker, you heard foot steps approaching you and smelled the scent of a familiar cologne. 
You froze, when you heard him say your name.
"(Y/n)..can we talk?"

"What's there to talk about?" You whispered and turned to look at him, tears forming in your eyes for the millionth time today 

"(y/n).."

"You slept with her ___... Why do want me to forgive you, why should I?" Your vision became blurry and turned back to your locker and closed it.

"Who.. Who told you that I slept with her?" He asked a little shocked

"The entire school!" You shouted "I can't go to one room in this place without hearing about it! Wouldn't it have been easier just to breakup with me, I know it wouldn't hurt as badly as this" 

"(Y/n) baby, I didn't  want to break up with you, and I don't want to! Your my entire world, I would never do that to you!" He said and tears fell from his own eyes.

"But you would cheat on me? Is that supposed to be better?" You said

"No it's not any better, and it shouldn't have happened" he said

"But it did." You cried harder

He gently took the side if your face in his hand "(y/n) if you just let me explain, you'll see that I really didn't mean any of it.."

"But I don't want to hear it, I've heard enough of it. It-it would be better if we just don't see each other any more" you removed his hand from your face.

"No, baby really just let me explain, and we can go back to the way things used to be"

"No we wont ____, nothing is the same anymore."

"(Y/n)...baby really, p-please don't leave me." 

"I'm sorry ___, I..I just can't take this anymore"

"But (y/n).." He looked at you with pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry" you said taking a few steps back from him and turning the other way.

"What am I supposed to do without you?" You heard him ask.

You felt more tears stream down your face, but continued to walk away.
Leaving him there, in the middle of the hallway just as heartbroken as you.