Oppa, Who is That?

The Price of Wealth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Can you not be so stiff around me? We’re supposed to be two people in love, not two enemies on the front line.”  complained Kai.

Arya ignored his complaint: “I’ll act when people are actually watching, or when they finally find out that we’re dating.” And then went to take her seat beside Vee. She heard Kai grumble after her: “They’ll never find out at this rate.”

Good thought Arya, they don’t need to know anyways, we only need to convince our parents, not the school… and I don’t want to deal with your angry fan club either.

She yawned for the nth time that day.

Vee looked at her worriedly: “Are you okay? You look so tired…”

Arya managed a smile: “Yeah I’m okay…”

Vee took out something from her backpack: “Here try this, my brother bought this beef jerky from England.”

Arya thanked Vee and took a piece.

“The beef jerky reminds me of America… they used to be my favourite snacks…but I ate too much and got sick of them.” Arya stuck out her tongue. “But these are good, they taste different. Say thanks to your brother for me.” Arya winked.

Vee laughed: “Yeah don’t worry I will…”

Arya: “So how’s-…” but was interrupted by a loud obnoxious laugh. Arya looked up the laugh was coming from… “Who is that?”

“Im Yoona, the Queen Bee…” answered Vee while rolling her eyes.

Arya turned her head back to that girl…Yoona… She was leaning against Kai’s desk, inching to get closer to him, smiling at him like an idiot, and laughing at everything he said. It was no doubt that she was flirting with him, and the fact that Kai flirted back by giving a light tug on a strand of her hair made Arya feel… annoyed… she decided that she didn’t like this Im Yoona girl.

“I know this whole dating Kai thing is fake but shouldn’t you…?”

Arya didn’t need Vee to finish her sentence; she got up and made her way to Kai.

If he was going to be her boyfriend then might as well make him act like one. Yoona’s behavior around Kai was also bothering Arya, she didn’t know why it did but it did.

Kai’s back was to her so she decided to back hug him while shoving her hands into his front pockets. A warning for Yoona to back off…Kai was in Arya’s possession now.

“Oppa, who is that?” asked Arya in the most innocent and cute tone she could muster.

Behind her she heard Vee laughing. She wondered if Vee was laughing at her or at the face Yoona was making; probably both.

Arya could tell that Kai was enjoying this too.

Kai took her hands and pulled her so that she was beside him. “Uh, Arya, this is Yoona. Yoona, this is Arya…my girlfriend.”

Even though Arya saw this coming, her heart still skipped a beat when Kai called her his girlfriend.

Yoona was dumbfounded and speechless: “I-I-I, Y-You, H-Her, G-Girlfriend?” Luckily she was saved by the bell.

Arya shook off her goose bumps as she headed back to her seat. She swore to never do aegyo again… and never call Kai oppa… ew… she didn’t even call Chunji oppa… Chunji…guilt stabbed her. But she knew that she couldn’t back out now… it was already too late…

Vee playfully punched Arya in the arm when she sat down.

“Hey not bad, you’re a better actress than I expected.”

Arya just let out a half sigh half laugh not knowing what to say.

Kai's POV

Class had started but my head was still thinking about what had just happened… Arya hugged me… hugged me.

I knew that I was probably smiling like a dummy but who cares. I just got hugged by Arya. It felt so warm and her hug was so…magnetic. If I didn’t know better I’d walk over to her right now and hug her… but I did.

Arya only did it for her own sake… for getting rid for her stepbrother for life…but there had to be more to that… no one is that good at giving hugs to people they hate… right? So does it mean that Arya likes me? Even just a little bit… maybe she doesn’t even know yet…or realise…

I shook my head, none of that matters. I only know one thing for sure, and that was, I am in love with her, and only her. I think I kind of knew that all along but was just…afraid to admit it…

Once you love someone, you now risk the pain of losing them…something I’ve experienced before…something I’ve promised myself to stay away from.

I looked at Arya; the sun shone through the window highlighting her hair, and lighted up her face. She looked as if she was glowing in my eyes.

I’ve fallen too deep now…I can’t lose her… I need her…

There was only one way to solve this: I’ll make you fall for me too Arya. Before you know it, you’ll be in love with me too… because I will be giving you my everything, showing you hidden secrets, and allowing you to mend my heart…

End of Kai’s POV   

After class ended Arya found Kai outsi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter