{KILLER} Followed

Stalked

KILLER CHAPTER 1 : Followed

 

A woman's sixth sense is the strongest.

 

She could just feel it. She heard nothing, seen nothing but felt something. There's something unsettling about the situation she's in right now. She shuddered. Someone else is behind her.

 

Trying to compose herself, she took a deep breath and acted ignorant, still walking. She tried her best to hid her stiffened self but her knees can't help but go weak as her courage shrank. She walked aimlessly, hoping to find a crowded place for shelter but the place is nowhere to be found. That person had been there for quite some time, alarming her. The someone is definitely following her. Dire thoughts unnerved her, tempting her to just run straight back home even though no one's home, making it equally dangerous. The compulsion to flee grew minute by minute.

 

She's now in a quiet lane, somewhere she thinks it's near her home. Houses were nowhere to be seen. Only trees decorated the sides of the road. She trudged uphill, tired both physically and emotionally from all the walking in fear. The silence made her heart pump even harder and faster, letting the adrenaline in her bloodstream accumulate. She braced herself for the worst, on tenterhooks, anticipating a sudden force from behind her. The tension alone could tear her fragile heart apart.

 

Bang!
 

The sound of something heavy dropping onto the floor scared the wits out of her. Her heart nearly jumped out of . She let out a shriek. Blinded by fear, she made a mad scramble for her house, not even sure if she's going the right way.

 

Running at a fast speed, her vision blurred with all the shaking. She must have ran for a quite a while because she panted really heavily and her legs were turning sore. As she turned back to check if the stalker is still running after her, her body hit against the person walking in front of her, causing his phone to drop. Relief overwhelmed her as she begged. "Save me! Someone..."

 

The man turned and she hugged him upon seeing his face. "Kwon-ah! Someone's following me!" She told him, sounding distressed. Startled by her sudden appearance and frantic behaviour, it took him a while to digest what she said and respond. He surveyed the area behind him, with Ga-in grabbing his hand tight. "Yeobo... There's no one there... Are you sure you're being followed?" Frantically, she nodded, her eyes b with tears. The sight of his yeobo distraught with fear... His brows drew together and he bit his lower lip. His arms covered her back to give her some comfort and protection as they quickly went back home.

 

...

 

"Don't leave the house too often. If you have to, don't go too far. I don't want you to get lost here." He warned her, worried about her safety, especially when she was afflicted with amnesia just 5 days ago. "You can't remember this place well. I don't wish to keep worrying at work." He continued as he cupped her petite face endearingly.

 

"But how can I stay at home the entire day? It's too boring and the groceries... How can I cook my yeobo meals if I don't go to the market?" She joked, as if to relieve the worry he had for her after the incident earlier.

 

"I'm not saying you can't go out. Just less often." He assured her.

 

"The h...house isn't safe too... What if..." She stuttered but it seemed like she's still more worried than he is.

 

"Maniacs won't break in. You are worrying too much, yeobo. It's in the news. Women in this area complained that they got d in public. As long as you are home, we don't have to worry," He calmly said, hoping to influence her to be more comfortable. However, the timid look of his fragile girlfriend once again affected him. "I'll install another lock just in case, okay?"

 

"Aren't you afraid that your yeobo will get touched by someone else? You don't appear worried," She complained, noticing that her yeobo really seemed not anxious at all now.

 

"Of course I'm worried. I just don't want you to feel over jittery the whole day. It's not like someone's out to get your life or something. Just be careful and avoid quiet places so maniacs don't get any chance to attack." He said as he put on a calm facade.

 

"Can't I just go back to work tomorrow?" She asked. "It's been more than two weeks since I'm away..."

 

"Don't worry too much. I already tendered a month of MC for you. I don't want you to work now. Recuperate at home for a while more. Hmm?" He advised her, hoping to draw an agreement with her.

 

She's now in his arms and the scent of her man gave her some warmth and comfort. Her arms encircled his waist, clinging onto him tightly. "I'm scared yeobo..." She looked up to meet Kwon's face. He gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll protect you. You are mine." He promised. 

 

I'm his... The comforting thought of that made her heart flutter. Someone's here to protect her from all evils. She liked the thought of that. A coy smile crept onto her face, hidden from Kwon's sight. She laid her head on his heart. The heartbeat paced in sync with hers... for the first time in the 5 days... The feeling is back...

 

As he patted the petite girl to sleep, her eyes shut gradually and she fell asleep in his embrace. Kwon, however, couldn't fall asleep, unable to put his mind off the incident earlier.

 

Little did she know, her yeobo is worried about something she knew nothing of.

 

............................................................................................................................................................................

 

I'm done! Wrote this in 2 hours so quite short. How's it? There's a mystery behind this. So if you guys want to guess, PM me and please don't spoil it to the other readers in the comments section below. Other characters will be revealed as the story progresses.

 

Please comment~ I really hope you do. Hope you liked it^^