That Time At The Coffeehouse...

We Fell In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, sorry for the extremely late update >.< I personally love this first chapter haha. I don't know why, maybe because I put a lot of effort to it. Anyway, I can't promise to make this story end up with a happy ending, I guess this would be having a sad ending in the end. 

 

As always, please subscribe, upvote and give me feedbacks. Ciao

 

 

Love,

 

Quirkyqueen

 

 

 

 

 

 

No one knew what was wrong with him that day, even the sky could not guess someone like him would do something beyond his own limitations. Nobody has ever thought a man like Choi Seunghyun would bother talking to a woman, more likely a complete stranger. Not to mention as soon as he started a conversation with her, he realized both of them were very contrast. They talked about random things, she did the talking most of the time and he would just listen to every word she uttered. Words were flowing from her lips like a melody and her voice really did sound mellifluent. He could somehow guess she loved to sing and of course she did. She apologized for being too talkative yet he asked her to keep going, since he still wanted to hear those melodious voices coming out from . Who would ever thought a man like Choi Seunghyun enjoy hearing some kind of pep-talks? Well, he never did except listening to her.

 

The weather was quite windy that day. Autumn in September, early September. The window-seat was taken by a person, in less than five minutes it was taken by two.

 

The pretty woman was busying herself by reading a hard-looking novel while sometimes sipping her hot chocolate or tucking a strand of her long brown hair behind her ear, concentrating on whatever she was reading. There were not many people inside the coffeehouse that time, perhaps because of the unstable weather. It could rain even if they hoped it would not. She was surrounded by two elder couple that made her curve a slight smile. She loved seeing old couples, still acting all lovey-dovey towards each other. She has always hoped of having such a delightful marriage.

 

Then there he was, walking towards those tables while holding a cup of hot cappuccino in one of his hands, thinking which seat he would take. He finally picked a table, not too far from hers, took out a cellphone from his jeans pocket and then made a call right after he seated. "Mon équipe a fait une énorme erreur et je m'en excuse ( My team made a huge mistake and I apologize )" he nodded a couple of times before continued, " Mon équipe se corriger dès que possible ( My team would fix it as soon as possible )" he inhaled his breath while nodding his head, again. " Fine, ce serait réglé en moins de trois jours. Je ne vais pas décevoir mon client. Ok, ok. Merci beaucoup ( Fine, it would be fixed in less than three days. I will not disappoint my client. Okay, okay. Thank you so much )" he ended the call and harshly threw it on the table. Sipping his cappuccino, his eyes wandered around the room.

 

His accent is flawless…

 

That was perhaps the only thing that crossed her mind as she accidently listened to his short conversation. At first, she did not intend to eavesdrop, yet at the end she knew his accent was pretty much amazing for a Korean. Even herself thought he was a native-speaker. Not that she could speak any of French words, since she knew it was a difficult language to be learned. Even so, sometimes she hoped she was an excellent when it came to speaking French. Who does not love France? Honestly, she could only think of Paris, the city of love.

 

She flipped a page of her novel as she continued reading it, not realizing a handsome tall figure was now standing right in front of her face. “Do you mind if I sit here?” with a deep baritone voice that could melt any girl’s heart straight away, his voice blew her mind. Getting no response, he casually pulled back the chair in front of the female a little and took a seat.

 

Still looking down at her book, her hair fell down to both sides of her jaw as she slowly tilted her face. A handsome young man was sitting right across her and she did not even realize when he approached her and decided to share the table with her. And without her permission. Her lips slightly parted, yet she shut them immediately. Nodding, she went back to her novel.

 

No word was said.

 

“The name’s Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun” the male introduced himself in a very cold way and tone, still could make girls fall on their knees right after they heard him speak though. A hand was leaned towards the female as he uttered, “What’s yours, Miss?” even though his tone was as cold as ice, he still had a very proper manner. Politeness was his virtue, or maybe he should say it was professionalism? It was not a big deal, at all. Either one should be fine.

 

This young  woman  put  down  her  novel on top of  the  table as she shakily shook  his hand. Nothing  she could feel but warmth. His hand was warm, even if he looked like and sounded  like a very cold person. Her mother once told her that “Warm people usually have cold hands, and cold people usually have warm hands that connect straightly to their hearts. Once you hold someone’s hand, you will find out their trueself.” And yes, she knew he was not really cold. "The name's Tiffany, Stephanie Hwang" she greeted him back while flashing her famous eye-smile at him.

 

And he stared at her.

One...

Two...

Three...

He fell in love.

 

It was not from the way she looked or the way she smiled, himself had no idea why he was sure enough to find himself falling for a female stranger he just saw from another table. He had no idea how he could rise from his seat and found his bravery to talk to her and now they shared the same table. A table for two. How could everything happen in less than five minutes? How could he fall in less than five seconds, more likely three? How could everything be so absurd and bizarre? Truth to be told, no one could answer those questions of 'how'.

 

While she, on the other hand, had no intention to let go off his hand. It felt so good to hold this man's hand, but she was unsure about the reason behind it. She probably looked like a dreamy girl who wished for a prince on a white horse or even wished for a happy ending, but actually she was being realistic. There were no such things as fantasies nor happy ending. But... Why did it feel so right to hold his hand? She was wondering why she could not stop staring into those beautiful deep eyes of him. She did not know why she wanted them to know more about each other, to have something between them. Maybe she lost her mind, a series of 'whys' would remain unanswered for a quite sometime.

 

Awkward silence. Seunghyun shillyshally let go off her hand and scratched his nape. "So... do you come here often?"

 

"Very often, actually" a soft chuckle escaped her lips as she answered his question. "This place has a very great view, especially in autumn like this. I don't know why I love autumn the most out of all season. Well, I also love spring because blooming flowers. Or summer because of summer activities, and-" she suddenly stopped as she cussed in her heart. She talked too much and she knew she just ruined her own image in front of a man she just met. For addition, a freaking handsome man. "Ah, I am very sorry. I guess I talk too much" awkward silence. 

 

Seunghyun disliked when people talked too much. No, he hated when people could not stop talking and would not leave him alone. For him, after a long day of work he needed some privacy. But apparently, most people did not seem to understand that and how he felt annoyed by those voices and how those un-meaningful talking sessions made him feel an absolute dizziness.

 

Yet this time around, he had no complains.

 

He truthfully wished she would keep on talking. He wished to hear more of a string of words or even sentences coming from her beautiful plump lips. This was probably the first time in forever for him to enjoy hearing of some un-meaningful words, no regrets. Without him knowing, his lips formed a slight smile and really it was such an amazing view to be seen. Choi Seunghyun never smiled, especially in front of a lady. He only smiled when it came to his job, simply because of his obligation. If not, he would not bother to do so. What was wrong with him at that time? Why did he smile like a complete idiot?

 

Oh, yes. Because he had fallen in love.

 

The male leaned in and placed one of his elbows on the table. "Nah, it's fine. Tell me more about you, Tiffany-ssi"

 

Tiffany was clearly surprised. She never expected a man who seemed so busy with his work would feel interested in hearing her speak. "Me? I am just an ordinary female who used to be so passionate about being a designer, yet my life decided to take a detour" she took a sip of her hot chocolate as she continued while glancing at the other. "Now, I bake"

 

"So, you are a baker?" Seunghyun had to admit she really had a good sense of fashion. He would not expect her to be a baker. Being a designer did sound much more believable, according to his thought and perception. "Where do you work?" 

 

"I own a cafe in Gangnam-gu" well yes, Tiffany was the owner of the most famous cafe in Gangnam-gu, The Orchid Cafe. The cafe itself was quite gigantic and it sold not only coffees but also cakes, cookies and American breakfast menus. She had worked extremely hard to achieve her goal and she felt great to knowing that she had accomplished her mission. She built this cafe from zero all by herself, her own savings. What a very independent woman. "It's The Orchid Cafe. If you don't mind, would you consider of dropping by sometimes?"

 

Heck yes. He did not even have to think any further about dropping by, he WOULD visit that freaking cafe every once a week. Or even better, every single day. Seunghyun obviously seeked for an opportunity at this point, an opportunity to know her better. There was a feeling deep down inside, buried deep down, that he somehow saw his future when he looked into her eyes. A pair of eyes that he wished to stare at every time he woke up in the morning and when he slept at night. Romantic enough? Instead of being his cold and bingu self as usual, he practically had this kind of mindset and for pete's sake he desired for it to come true.

 

Getting no response, the girl faked a cough and tied her long hair into a ponytail while awkwardly sipping her hot chocolate. "So, uhm... Would you consider coming?" she may sound desperate right now, but at least she needed an answer. Because if he said nothing and put her in a cliff-hanger, she knew she would hope and pray everyday for him to visit her workplace. And that she admitted she was not a dreamy girl.

 

Usually, the man named Choi Seunghyun would yell at everyone who asked him the same question twice, or even thrice or more. Every human-being he knew, including his parents and sibling. Being asked the same question twice somehow annoyed him and it hurt his pride, thinking that people have this idea of him being deaf all of a sudden. Hearing their questions simply make him feel irked and irritated. Leaving the place was the only option for him.

 

But, not this time around.

 

"Yeah, sure. I would drop by when I could" he answered flatly, even though his heart was beating like crazy. What the hell was wrong with him? He knew he was in love, but couldn't he just act like a normal creature for a minute or so? "And I guess it's a good idea to drink a cup of camomile milktea and a slice of tiramisu after a long day of work sometimes" Oh freaking no, Choi Seunghyun. You would be having your tea and cake everyday, you knew you would. In fact, you could buy the cafe for yourself along with the furnitures, including the owner herself. But, looking at her, you understood she could not be bought by money. 

 

Well, maybe... A sincere love would be able to buy her.

 

Tiffany looked through the window as she found herself smiling sheepishly. It was a hell way to hide her face from the handsome guy's sight. After she gained her composure back, she turned her head to him and flashed her eye-smile once again. "Tiramisu is my favorite cake, both to eat and to make. What a coincidence, don't you think?"

 

Coincidence? Probably what she was saying was true, yet the man thought of what she was trying to imply. Now that he thought about it, this young lady was right. They accidentally met inside the coffeehouse when other people did not bother to go outside their houses except for work and important business. He out of nowhere found his urge to sit right in front of her without even asking for a permission first. They introduced themselves and even shook their hands. Now, they even talked about him visiting her cafe, like they were close friends or something. It was too much of coincidence for him.

 

"Fate. It's fate" he mumbled and he did not even gasp at his own silliness and cheesiness. Even himself never thought he could say something such as fate. Not that he cared if she heard his mumbling or not, he just felt like saying it. For the first time in forever, he believed in fate. A word that used to not exist in his vocabularies.

 

What is fate? 

 

Stephanie Hwang was not even aware of that word's existence. It was not sound so appealing in her ears until she decided to cross that word, because believe it or not, she used to believe in such things as fate and destiny. But not anymore. "I do not believe in fate or something like that. There is no such thing as fate, soulmate or a happy ending. Why? Because in the end of the day, we would all die and there could only be heaven and hell, either place that would be a perfect fit for us to spend our eternity" a bitter chuckle escaped her lips as she continued, "Just face it. I mean, take Sleeping Beauty for example. She slept for a hundred years due to a powerful curse, and the only way to break the curse was a kiss from the prince charming. She never got old, still looking beautiful and stunning as ever and when the prince kissed her on the lips, she opened her eyes. Too much fantasy that could not be compared to reality. Or another example, Romeo and Juliet. A forbidden love, causing both of them to die in despair. Juliet was dead and Romeo committed a suicide due to his sincere love for her, hoping that perhaps they could meet each other and marry each other on the afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter