Perfecting the imperfection

Perfecting the imperfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♬ Playlist 10 ♬

 

► EXO-K Mama ( 마마 )

►EXO-M Don't go ( 蝴蝶少女 )

► 4MINUTE Whatcha Doin Today?

►Super Junior M Swing ( Korean Ver )

 

 

Son JiHye

 

I anticipated the manager's announcement with baited breath, my lips were tightly pursed together and my hands clasped nervously in front of me, on my lap. I had to get it. I had to succeed. I had spent countless of sleepless nights doing that proposal, there was no way I was going to lose to him. Well, not on my watch at least. I stared at the red headed male across my seat ; he sat upright with a rigid panache nonchalance, palms placed calmly and confidently on the polished wooden meeting table, a faint simper playing on his lips- the posture of a confident, over-confident man who's every movement and action was emphasizing the size of his highly inflated ego. He was dressed in a white Giorgio Armani​ dress shirt worn button to the throat, a simple but classy red silk tie and an impeccably pressed grey trousers. He was irrefutably handsome but was undeniably cocky. 

The manager cleared his throat ostentatiously, slicing through the heavy tension that hung through the meeting room , catching our attention. " So..." He opened the brown envelope slowly , painfully slow- My anxiousness was slowly killing me from the inside, I couldn't bare to wait for a moment longer. " You've both worked hard and the proposals turned in were very good."  I leaned forward and propped my face on my palm, rolling my eyes inwardly. Just cut the crap short and tell us the results. " Especially you, JiHye. " He turned to me with a smile. " It was really good, the client really liked it." I smirked at the red-headed male seated across me and leaned back in my seat. Success was definitely mine.

" However ! " He said , turning to the red-headed male.

Wait...WHAT ?

What's going on?

" It was Mark's proposal that was selected by the client. The client was extremely satisfied. It was an ingenious idea of you, Mark, to use the up-and-coming idol group - EXO to promote the product; especially since this idol group is omnipotent and ubiquitous. Their popularity in the China and global market would definitely benefit the client. Good Job!" He praised, patting Mark on the back. " Congratulations, you've gotten the promotion."

I blinked once, twice and thrice before parting my lips slowly, swallowing the lump forming at the back of my throat.  He wouldn't dare...he promised... " But Mr Lee... I...I believe that I too had included that in my proposal."

" Ah, JiHye..." He smiles, taking his hand off Mark's shoulders. " Yes, indeed you did but your cost and risk was way too high; the client didn't like it. You proposed USD 2.6 million for investment with returns coming in months to years later but Mark, he proposed USD 2.5 Million with instant returns and a safety net- there would be no room for failure in this case and the client was highly satisfied. " He walks towards me and pats my shoulder with an undefinable expression , somewhat between sympathy and apology- I don't know. " You did a great job too JiHye." He comforts. " It's just that Mark did better. Don't loose hope, just try harder the next time."

I nodded mechanically, fighting back the tears that were starting to form in my eyes. " Yes, I understand Mr Lee..." I croaked out shakily, my voice thin and shaky from the teary lump at the back of my throat. I couldn't crumple now...I couldn't... not in front of him at least... " Thank you..." I bowed slightly, biting on my lower lip to contain my tears, as he exited the room.

I glanced contemptuously at Mark before leaving the meeting room in a huff, my lips were bleeding and my lipstick was smudged from the enormous pressure I had exerted on it but it didn't matter one bit. The pain from the betrayal was way more painful than the dull ache on my lips - In comparison, it was simply nothing compared to the painful ache in my heart that felt like it was stabbed by a thousand needles repeatedly. A tear finally ran down my cheek as I entered the ladies and slammed the cubical door behind me.

He had done it again.

" God." Bomi , my secretory best friend , cursed ; handing me a box of tissues. " Seriously Hye, you should just dump him. You're way too nice, too good and too lenient on him. It's the third ing time he did this already! " She exclaimed exasperatedly, running a hand through her golden brown locks. " How could you stay with a like him ?"

I glared at her from my peripheral vision in the mirror , shaking my head with disapproval . " Language girl, language. You're going to scare all the boys away if you keep talking like that." 

Bomi rolled her eyes . " But seriously JiHye, he has no ing balls! Like really, how can you stand him? For so ing long? " She groaned loudly. " Which arse would copy his girlfriend's proposal and pass it off as his own ? He should really grow some balls! " She threw her hands up in the air, huffing irritatedly. " He's an immutable and that's final ! "

I shrugged my shoulders and uncapped my lip gloss, drowning out the rest of Bomi's words as I re-applied my make-up. 

" JiHye, are you listening? " She shook my shoulders vigorously, trying to get my attention.

" Jesus." I glared at her. " You messed up my make-up." 

Bomi exhaled heavily. " You're impossible JiHye..." She leaned against the marble sink and watched me intently with a disapproving expression like a mother silently reprimanding her child.

Unable to withstand her gaze, that made me feel guilty, I capped my lip-gloss and turned to her. " Bomi..."  I breathed out heavily, running a hand through my hair. " When you love someone, you love all of them, the good things and the bad. The things you find lovable and the things you don't. Their greatest truth and their greatest flaw. You love them all."

" God, You sound like a philosopher." Bomi joked with a slight smile but let out a soft sigh a moment later. " But still, it's the third time already..." Her voice lowered seriously but softly. " I...I just don't want you to get hurt...again..."

I gnawed on my lower lip as compunction filled every molecule of me- Bomi was undeniably , irrefutably and unnnervingly worried about me. I hated to see her like this. Bomi had been my best friend since we were both in diapers, she was the only one who knew of my relationship with him. Bomi knew me inside out- my brightest corners and my darkest, my greatest flaws and by greatest strength , my greatest fear and my greatest security; in fact, she could read me like an open book, even better than my sister.  

" I know Bomi, I know..." I said voicelessly, reverting my gaze from her to the lip gloss in my hands.

A blanket of silence filled the washroom, it was thick and suffocating. Bomi had never approved of him and I highly doubt that she would . This topic was one that was spoken too often, one that was too sore and painful and its aftermath had never left us with favorable results.

" But are you sure it's love? " She asked, breaking the smothering silence , looking straight into my eyes. " JiHye I've known you since forever, are you really sure it's love? " 

My brows furrowed in incomprehension, unsure of where this conversation was headed to.

Bomi brushed her fringe aside and continued. " You've always demanded perfection in everything- everything you do must be impeccable, precise and exact. Are you sure your devotion to him isn't superficial ? " She paused for a moment. " Are you sure you aren't tolerating him because of your ardency for a flawless repertoire? A perfect GPA, a perfect work record and a perfect love life? He's your first love; have you ever thought about it? Are you only seeing a small portion of the picture and not the whole? Are you sure you love him ? " She challenged.

I gulped hard as Bomi's words sunk in. Was I never able to let go of him because of my obsession with perfection? Do I still love him after all that he has done ? Was I building my impeccable facade, that every one sees, with a deception - a bunch of white lies? I've never really thought about it... Was I sure that I love him after all he had done?

I don't know...I really don't...

I blew out air from my baby pink painted lips. " I don't know Mimi, I really don't..." I paused for a moment, fighting back the teary lump in my throat. " I don't know and I'm scared... I really am." Oblivion , my greatest fear was basically beside me , following me like a silent shadow. 

Bomi pursed her lips together and drew her arms around me, enveloping me into a hug. " It's okay JiHye, it's okay." She drew comforting circles on my back. " It's okay to be fearful and confused. We are all human, we all have emotions, fears and insecurities. It's okay. You'll be fine. " She whispered . " You're just confused now. Everything would be fine Hye, everything would be fine..."

I nodded mechanically in response, sniffling back my tears as I gnawed on my lower lip.

Was I really going to be okay?

" Hey, are you sure you'll be okay? " Bomi asked disquietly , her posh blue BMW convertible stopping outside my apartment. " You can always stay at my place tonight; Chorong won't mind." 

I inhaled deeply and faked a smile. " I'm fine." I said softly.

Bomi nodded mechanically, looking at my direction. " Stay strong JiHye, stay strong. " Her eyes carried a tinge of sympathy. I don't want her sympathy and I don't need it. I chose this route, by myself, and I'm going to walk down it with no regrets. 

" I'll fetch you tomorrow morning JiHye. " 

I shook my head. " I can drive Bomi, my car's back in the garage - JongIn returned my car this afternoon. "

She hummed in response, pursing her lips into a straight line. " Hye..." She breathed out. " Have a good talk with him. " She paused for a moment, her lower lip solicitously . " I... I... Are you sure that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone like him? " She sighed softly. " Is he worth it? I want you to be happy, not stuck and blinded by your ardency. I don't want you to regret it..." 

I looked at her, a small but genuine smile tugging at the corners of my lips. " Thank you." I said, from the bottom of my heart. "  What am I going to do without you? " I embraced Bomi into a hug. " Thank you." Her words may be small in gesture but they were as precious as diamonds and crystals in my heart - her simple but genuine words touched me - right deep in the core. 

 " Tsk. " Bomi scoffed, retracting from the hug. " You don't say JiHye. I know you inside out so who'll know you better than me? No one. Duh! " She sassed.

I chuckled at her sassiness, she still possessed the never-changing sassiness in her after all these years.

" Yeah...Don't drink too much Mimi, I don't wan to get a call in the middle of the night to come and pick you up at some pub. " I teased.

Bomi rolled her eyes. " It's Friday sweetheart, unlike you, I'm y , free and single; definitely ready to bingo. " She winked.

" Whatever." I uttered, rolling my eyes . " Yes, I've a boyfriend waiting for me at home. So I'll get going now. Take care Mimi. "

I opened her car door and closed it behind me; waving Bomi goodbye and watching the blue car disappear completely into the street before entering the lavishly decorated lift lobby.

" Hello JiHye! " Hoon , the security guard for the apartment , greeted me jubilantly.

I smiled slightly and returned the greeting. 

" How's your day ? " He asked.

I contemplated mentally, the truth or the beautiful lie ? It won't hurt to tell the truth once right? It'll be nice to be truthful once right? After all, this little lie of mine was growing bigger by the day. " Terrible." I uttered.

Hoon frowned slightly. " Why? " 

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned against the wall. " Everything's just not going the way I envisioned it to be. " I glance down at the floor. " And I'm growing tired of it. "

Hoon stayed silent but stared at me with an undefinable expression solidifying his face. " I suppose the smile you wear most of the time is just a facade isn't it? "

I nodded gingerly.

Hoon sighed. " It's tiring isn't it? "

I nodded again.

" Sometimes, JiHye , what you need to do is to tell the truth. If you're not happy, say it. If you're angry, vent it out. If you're sad, cry. There's no need to be a coward and hide behind your mask of deception. "

I glance up at him. " But people would-"

" what the people think! " He butts in.

My eyes widen at the language he used, this was the first time I had heard him curse. The Hoon I knew, was a polite , gentle and kind man; this was a completely different side of him that I was seeing.

" Society is always out there to judge you JiHye. " He said softly. " A tear isn't a sign of weakness JiHye; a tear is a sign of being strong and resilient for a long time. " He reached out pat my shoulder. " You can't please everybody so why not just please yourself? Why lie when you can tell the truth? The lie is bound to be exposed someday and you'll hurt someone with it."

" But it's a harmless lie- a white lie; it can harm no one Hoon. " I defended. 

Hoon chuckles slightly , shaking his head. " Indeed it is, but you'll hurt yourself JiHye. The one you hurt in the end is yourself. Hence a white lie is not okay." He concluded, ruffling my hair.

" Hoon! " I scowled. " You messed up my hair! "

Hoon shrugged , a mischievous grin tugging on the corner of his lips. " You're going home now so what's the matter? It no big deal. "

" Still! "

" Gosh. " He exclaims, raising both his hands up in a surrender pose. " You're just like Gayoon. "

I raised an eyebrow bemusedly. " Gayoon ? "

" Yeah." He rubs the back of his head awkwardly. " My wife. "

I broke into a smile and punched him gently. " You didn't tell me that you've gotten married! I would have gotten you a present."

His smile flattered almost immediately, the twinkle in his eyes were now replaced by a melancholic gaze. " It was a shot-gun marriage..." He said in a voice closed to a hushed whisper. " Not many knew. My parents were really disappointed with me and I feel really guilty because Gayoon is still studying and everyone in the University is going to stare at her contemptuously; I should have known. I'm the older one, the more mature one. I should have known. " He sighs, running a hand through his brown locks. " I really regret it. "

My brows creased. " Do you love her? " I blurted out.

He nods. " More than anything else in the world."

" Then it's not a regret Hoon. " I gaze into his eyes. " Stick by her throughout this period, you know that it's going to be tuff on her for the next few months so stand by her. Prove it to her - that you love her and you don't regret a single thing. " I tucked a loose curl behind my ear. " Prove your worth to your parents and support your family. Like you said..." I grinned cheekily. " Screw what society thinks."

The corner of Hoon's lips raised to a smile. " Yeah... you're right. I shouldn't keep you any longer, have a nice day Miss Son." He pressed the buttons on the panel and the elevator opened.

I chuckled slightly. " Thank you and have a nice day too, Mr Yeo." I entered the small confinement and pressed the top floor on the panel - the 21st floor; I leaned back against the wall, watching the floors that passed by on the panel. The lift stopped and I inhaled deeply,gaining the courage and strength for the incidents that would follow later, before walking out of it and down the corridor to where my - our apartment was.

I pursed my lips together, tightly in a straight line; I was standing outside our penthouse, my hands secured in a position ready to enter the passcode. This is it JiHye, you can do it! I took a deep breath of air as I keyed in the passcode and pushed open the door.

" Hey you're back. " He greeted me with a warm smile, his red locks were slightly damp from the shower he probably had before and it cascaded messily into his face. " I made your favourite blueberry cheesecake, wash up and have some."

I stared at him with my lips slightly parted. How could he act so nonchalant about it? Did that incident mean nothing to him ? 

" JiHye?" He called out, staring at me. " What's wrong? " He walked towards me and took my bag from my hands, shutting the main door behind us as he led me into our bedroom. He place my handbag on the settee at the foot of the bed and sat me down. " Are you tired? " He asked disquietly, gazing into my eyes.

I stayed silent as I watched him. 

He linked his fingers with mine and kissed them gently. " Why are you so quiet Hye? Talk to me." He prompted.

" Why did you do that? " I asked, breaking the silence. My voice was shaky from the lump at the back of my throat.

He froze instantaneously. 

" Why? " I proceeded. My walls were slowly crumbling- I needed reassurance - his reassurance. " You knew how dearly I held that proposal to me. We promised to keep our work and relationship separate , but why ? Why did you do it again Mark? " My eyes were glassy as I stared into his dark brown orbs.

" I'm sorry."

I bit on my lower lip, shaking my head in disagreement. " D-Do you think a simple 'sorry' is going to make up for it? "

He shook his head.

" You knew Mark. Why ? "

" I'm sorry." He repeated, averting his gaze to the glimmering city lights outside the window.

I swallowed the teary choke and did the last thing on my mind. " I think we need a break. " I said voicelessly, standing up from my seat on the bed.

" I'll stay the night at Bomi's place. Don't look for me or call me. We need a time out." I turned around and walked towards the door.

Mark stood up and grabbed my wrist. " Don't go." He whispered by my ear, his hands s around my waist and clasp themselves in front of my waist, securing me in his embrace; my back was pressed against his firm and sturdy chest . His lips made their way to the crook of my neck and began trailing feathery kisses down my jaw. " Don't go." He said, his hot breath hitting my cool skin. " I'm sorry. " His hands slipped under my blouse , trailing down my flat stomach. " You know I love you right? Don't be angry. Don't leave me." He drew faint circles on my stomach. " Hmm? " He spun me around and captured my lips with his, his tongue swirling and exploring my wet cavern as he nibbled on my lower lip. It wasn't an innocent kiss, it was a kiss pent up with desire and lust and I knew exactly where this was leading to.

" Mark..." I whispered, pulling away from the kiss. " S-Stop..." I muttered as his hands made their way to the clasp of my bra.

He ignored my words and proceeded, his lips once again connected with mine .

" Stop." I said again with more determination in my voice. Mark drew back with an annoyed look plastered on his face. 

" We need to talk." I said.

" There's nothing to talk about baby." His warm breath hitting my lips with every word spoken. " Let's continue huh? "

I shook my head and pulled myself away from his embrace, away from the distraction- his distraction. 

Mark ran his hand through his hair irritatedly. He was royally pissed. I had not failed to catch the little hard-on he had when we were making out,  call me mean or anything but I needed to sort out my feelings first, pragmatically , Mark's little problem came second. I didn't want the incident to keep repeating- I felt used like a rag doll and I didn't like it- not one bit all.

" What do you want? What's there to talk? " He snapped, plonking himself down on the recliner at the side of the room nonchalantly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and inhaled deeply. " Why did you do that?" I asked again in a soft voice.

Mark stared blankly at me, lacing his fingers together, in return.

" Why? " I stared at him. " Answer me."

Mark pursed his lips together tightly in a straight line; he inhaled deeply before swiping his tongue across his lower lip. " Because..."

I held my breath as I anticipated his answer. Please, say it was a mistake and you would never do it again. Lie to me like you always do. I just don't want to loose my trust in you. " Because ?"

" Because I did so. I copied your proposal." He said and that immediately signaled the crumbling of my world, my entire world. 

He had betrayed me again.

On purpose. 

" Why? " I croaked out, biting on my lower lip to suppress my tears , my eyes falling to the brown carpeted ground . Be strong JiHye, be strong. " Why did you do that? "

" Would you rather the promotion , the spot be given to an outsider when you leave?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

My brows creased in incomprehension. Leave? " Leave? " I asked confusedly, lifting my head to look at him.

" Yeah." He replied. " Do you think that my family would let you work when we have kids? Do you think I'll allow you to work when we have kids? "

" What? " I breathed out.

He scoffed. " And a man's career is his pragmatic priority; you either make it or break it. There are no exceptions. What would my family and friends say when they find out that my girlfriend has a higher rank than me in the office? I'll be a complete mockery! " He exclaimed, slamming his hands on the chair. " You're going to resign when we get married and the post would be vacant,  the spot would definitely go to me because I'm the manager in charge for the second team; it's just a matter of time before I get it. So why are you so selfish? If you love me, you should be happy for me, screw that, you shouldn't even have taken part in this competition! " Mark's chest was heaving up and down heavily, his face suffused with colour.

My breathing halted instantaneously. The fox had finally revealed its tail. Mark had finally spoken the truth. An inexplicable ache ran through my heart as I stared at the red-headed male across me, the once handsome face that I had admired slowly twisted and contorted into an image that I would never want to see again. I parted my lips top say something but shut them back a moment later. I couldn't find an apt word in my mind that could describe my feelings. It hurts, it really does...

Silence embraced the whole room and unlike the previous times, the silence was deadly and suffocating. The soft ticking of the clock resonated through the deafening silence. One second had passed, followed by another and another...

Mark glance at his phone for a brief moment before standing up from the leather recliner. My eyes followed Mark , silently, he walked to the wardrobe and put on his black leather jacket; stealing a glance at the mirror to check his appearance before grabbing his car keys.

" I'll be going out tonight, to celebrate my promotion with the team; don't wait up for me." He marks before leaving the room and exiting our apartment.

My knees gave away the moment he stepped out of the house, tears cascaded down my face like a string of broken pearls as the acrimonious feeling in my chest tightened tightly.

I needed a distraction...

I don't want to do this anymore...

I drove down the cacophonous streets of Seoul , that lit brightly with the buzzing night life; the city was glamorous and filled with people - it was a typical night in Seoul , at a high speed - not giving a single damn about the laws , speed limits or whatsoever. I needed a distraction and nothing else mattered, the drama from today needed to be washed out of my heavy head. The whole world never revolves around me ; but tonight, just for tonight, I'll will my logic to believe it it does and not give a damn to anything besides my feelings.

I killed my engine as I arrived at the familiar place. I pulled out my keys and threw them arbitrarily into my bag; I walked into the convenience store and purchased a dozen bottle of beers before walking to my escape- my haven.

I sat on the platform near the Han River,the cool but warm night breeze tousled my hair gently, the dazzling city lights that lined the horizon reflected in the tranquil waters of the Han River - it was a beautiful sight. I took a swig from the beer bottle in my hand; leaning back on my other hand as I drowned the booze down in one-shot. The bittersweet feeling of the alcohol lingered in my throat as I place the bottle aside and reached for another.

I opened the bottle and place it on my lips, ready to tip it over when I heard a familiar voice calling out from behind.

" You again?" A deep voice from behind asked , it sounded somewhat between mockery and amusement. 

Bemused, I turned around slowly. A smirk played faintly on my lips as I spotted the familiar Adonis looking male. His blond hair was styled impeccably , his baby blue dress shirt was casually worn with the first two buttons undone and his jeans were grey and washed- He was still as charming as I remembered him to be.

" Hey, it's been a long time Mr Galaxy." I smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Kris Wu 

" Hey , it's been a long time Mr Galaxy." 

My heart skipped a beat at her voice , it still sounded so sweet and melodious after all these months - like an angel's call. The saccharine smile tugging at the corner of her pink luscious lips was still as innocent and pure as I remembered it to be. Her eyes were twinkling brightly in the night but like many times before, it had a speck of melancholy behind them. 

 

" Yeah..." I said, walking to her and seating beside her, maintaining a comfortable distance between us. " What's wrong again?"

 

I glance at her worriedly from my peripheral vision. The memory of our first meeting drifted back into my head; I met her 3 years ago and like now, she was crying and drinking alone. Her beauty caught my eye but her lost self caught me even more - she was like a lost lamb , an innocent child desperately trying to maneuver her way through the maze - her life and was lost inside of it.

" Hey, Mr galaxy? " She called out, jolting me out of my revere. 

"Hmm? " I hummed in response.

She handed me a bottle. " Here, I don't want to drink alone."

I accepted the bottle graciously and took a swig from it. " So...Do you want to tell me about it and get it off your chest? " I asked gingerly.

She looked at me and inhaled deeply. " Life's a ." She said.

I chuckled in response, shaking my head. " Life's a game, it's not a ." I took another swig from the bottle and rested it on the ground between us. " You control and manipulate it like how you want it to be." I leaned back on my palms and stared into her beguiling brown orbs , like a maze I was lost inside those enchanting eyes of hers that contained a million unspoken emotions . " Life's a game so play it." I smirked.

She scoffed loudly. " What do you know?"

" Definitely enough to tell you that."

" You're so carefree of course you can say that."

I shook my head and tipped the remaining beverage over my lips. " Heard of Wu corporations? " I asked.

She nods and stared at me perplexedly, not understanding where the conversation was leading to. 

" Good. Then I'm pretty sure you heard of their story."

She stared at me for a moment; blinking once , twice then thrice before parting her lips. " You mean their heir who refused his responsibilities?" She tucked a loose lock of her brunette hair behind her ear.

I nodded in response. " Yeah."

She smiled and passed me another bottle. " He's one brave soul." She confessed, her gaze averting to the vast landscape before us. " He gave up an entire company to pursue his dreams, I really respect him although many begged to differ."

A small smile crept on my face. " Yes indeed. It took him a lot to do that; for most of his life, he did things he never was interested in, studying things that he never found interest in and pleasing people he never knew of. He never found meaning in life, everything was a pre-planned routine for him and he was just the pawn in the game when many thought he was the player. He never understood life until he had a near death experience during a kidnap five years ago, the incident acted like a slap in his face. He woke up from his slumber and was unraveled to the world, he stopped doing things he usually did , he stopped studying books and reports and he stopped pleasing the people around him; in short he stopped lying to himself, deceiving himself, willing his logic to believe that this is what he really liked to do. He quit his job and decided to hold monopoly over his own life, doing things he liked and stuff. Yeah, that's him."

She stared at me with her brows raised. " You sound like you know him personally." She paused for a moment before a melodious chuckle escaped her lips. " But why are your analogies all so weird Mr Galaxy? "

Mr Galaxy. Then it struck me, I never knew her name and vice versa. I had asked her to call me Mr Galaxy during our first meeting and I've always referred to her as  ' 天使' ( Tian Shi, angel ) in front of my friends who would tease me endlessly . I wonder how my name would sound when it rolls off her tongue?

" Because I'm Mr Galaxy." I said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone. " I'm enigmatic and mysterious."

Her doe-like eyes contoured to form two small crescents as she heard my reply, her lips were curled up at the side revealing her prized dimple on top of her saccharine smile; her laughter sounded like a soothing melody - like an angel's song. " Yeah right." She replied sardonically, running a hand through her hair.

" But really." I say, looking at her, my voice lowering gently. " What's wrong."

Her smile fell from her face instantly as she looked away from me. Okay, I felt guilty now. 

I cleared my throat slightly. " You can tell me about it when you feel like...I... I'm not forcing you...Just be truthful to yourself and let it all out." My voice faded off.

She snickered. " Then do you expect me to lie then? " She asked rhetorically.

I rolled my eyes. " There are only 3 kinds of people on earth that tell the truth. A child , a drunkard and a dying man. Which are you?"

" Definitely not a child or a dying man. A drunkard maybe; well, we are drinking now." She joked teasingly.

I laughed in response. " Yeah, good one."

She pursed her lips tightly for a moment. " I think I'm going to break up with my boyfriend." She said softly. Boyfriend? I thought she was single. Damn. There goes my crush for the past 3 years.

" Oh..." I said. Compunction was welling in my chest as I glanced at her vulnerable state. Come on Kris, why the hell would such a pretty lady be drinking and crying by herself at the Han River if she didn't have a fight with her boyfriend? But really, how could you think such a pretty lady like her was single? You're an idiot. " Sorry."

She smiles slightly. " Nah." She opened another bottle. " It's not your fault."

" Were...were the previous few times..." I gestured weirdly trying to get my point across. " The same reason too?"

She noded her head, tears were starting to form in her eyes. Don't cry please. " I guess I was too blind."

I reached out and pat her back, urging her to continue, to get it all off her mind. The guy who caused her all this pain really is a , he doesn't deserve her.

" I guess I was too blinded by perfection; we've been together since High School, a hefty 8 years and many of our friends were envious of us. I guess I was too blinded by the ardency of a perfect relationship and stuck by him despite his lies and betrayal; spinning a white lie every time he hurt me, to deceive myself. The lie was growing bigger by the day and just like how paper can't contain fire, the lie was exposed and here I am burnt from the fire that I tried to contain - suffering its aftermath. Why? A white lie isn't supposed to hurt, it's supposed to be harmless, it's supposed to be okay. Why? Why am I hurting now? " She bit on her lower lip to contain the tears welling in her eyes. " The hell with the truth! The hell with perfection ! I'm tired of pretending ! Is it wrong to do so? Is it wrong for me to yearn acceptance? Is it wrong for me to yearn love? I only want to be loved, accepted and respected. Is that even wrong? " She exclaimed and that sounded the breaking of her flood gates - she began crying.

My heart clenched painfully at the sight. Another lost dreamer, like me. I bit on my lower lip as I pulled her into my embrace, her face buried into my chest. " Hush..." I whispered softly. " It's okay...just cry, everything would be alright." I reassured her as I drew comforting circles on her back. Her small petite body was quivering with every sob she made , her soft peachy scent wafted into my nose, driving my senses amok. She looked so helpless, so endearingly helpless; how I wish I could kiss her senselessly and whisper sweet nothings in her ear to comfort her but I couldn't. I was just a stranger in her life and all I can do, was to lend her my shoulder for her to cry.

That was the best I could do.

 

 

 

 

I glance at her , who had fallen asleep on my shoulder peacefully. I raised my hands slowly and caressed her face , her body heat lingering over my hand , brushing a lock of her brunette hair behind her ear as I took in her full beauty. Her skin was milky and flawless, her eyelash cascaded down her beguiling eyes neatly, her pink luscious and tempting lips , her brunette hair that cascaded down her shoulders in loose curls - she looked like a replica of Goddess Athena. She quivered slightly in my arms as a breeze rose and blew through the park, my heart thumped furiously against the small confinement of my chest as she snuggled against me. I bit on my lower lip as I removed my jacket carefully , not wanting to wake her up , draping it over her. I was furious at the guy who had caused her all this pain. I was sure as hell that she doesn't deserve this and that bastard, sure as hell, doesn't deserve her either. I stole one last glance at her before shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

 

 

 

My eyes fluttered open as my phone vibrated against my pocket. God, it felt like a ing earthquake.​I groaned inward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter