Meeting Your Idol

Meeting Your Idol

 

“Why should we be the ones who go get breakfast? It should be Jonghyun’s job at the least. And it’s you and I! You’re the leader, hyung, but you’re with me to get food for the others!”

Minsoo understood the younger’s complaints, but he also didn’t see it as a big deal to walk across the street from their dorm to the McDonalds. It only took ten minutes, and their manager had given them the money for it. Minsoo didn’t see why it mattered to Byunghun all that much who went to get it.

Maybe Byunghun just took the hyung/dongsaeng relationship very seriously…

They were both sent out to the cold morning to get breakfast from McDonalds for the members and manager. Normally, yes, Jonghyun, with maybe Ricky with him, would have gone, but today their manager had seen only Minsoo and Byunghun awake, so he didn’t see a reason to bother trying to force Jonghyun up from his dead-sleep. It was normal for Minsoo to be up first, because he got enough naps in everyday to equal a normal sleep schedule. Byunghun on the other hand, was the type who couldn’t sleep just anywhere. He had to be in his own bed—maybe the couch, if he was wiped out—but it was physically impossible for him to sleep in places like the car, on a plane, or sitting up in a chair. Minsoo was the opposite, taking naps at any opportunity, even a few minutes before an interview, or in the car ride for their schedule. But Byunghun was awake, and after he’s up and about, he can’t get back to sleep. 

Leading up to now, the leader and dongsaeng walking into the fast food restaurant to get McMuffins for the rest of Teen Top. 

There were only a few people hanging around the establishment, most of them were eating, but it was surprisingly barren. The smells of the breakfast menu wafted from behind the counter, and the two boy’s stomachs growled at the tease.  

Byunghun pulled his knit hat lower on his head by the tassels, making sure to try and cover the bright pink hair he sported for their concept. Their manager had been sure to lecture them before they left on making sure not to attract attention, but that just made Byunghun want to ask why he didn’t go get the food for them, instead of risking it, but he’d bitten his tongue. Minsoo’s wool hat covered the blue streaks in his hair, but Byunghun slightly envied that he could just go around in his glasses with a hat and seem like a normal face in Seoul. His bright pink hair was a pain in the , sometimes. 


Another reason Jonghyun should have gotten up and went with Minsoo. he thought bitterly.

While Minsoo ordered, Byunghun stood by the blocked off path to the cash registers; scanning the few people sitting in the booths. A few old couples sat idly chatting, a couple of single people on their laptops, using McDonalds free wi-fi.

Then Byunghun caught sight of bright white hair.

And no, it wasn’t some old man sitting a rough twenty steps away, either.

Byunghun appeared by Minsoo’s side in an instant, gripping his arm tightly as he learned who was also in the fast food  restaurant.

“What the hell, Byunghun?” Minsoo asked, jerked his arm away from the younger man’s grasp.

“Shh! Don’t look now,” Byunghun warned, not looking away from a spot in the corner of the room. “But GD and T.O.P are over there.”

Of course, Minsoo had to look. 

“No!” Byunghun yelled, slapping his hyung’s arm. 

“Byunghun,” Minsoo warned, grabbing onto the younger boy’s wrist so he couldn’t hit him anymore. “Calm down.”

Byunghun looked into his hyung’s serious gaze and nodded. Minsoo released him and turned slyly, looking over his shoulder in the direction Byunghun had pointed out.

Two men were sitting at the farthest corner of the room, the bigger man facing the boys, and the smaller one with his back towards them. Just like Byunghun had said, Minsoo noticed the shock of white hair.

Byunghun was right, even from here, Minsoo could see the two rappers sitting there, eating breakfast together.

“We should go over and talk to them,” Byunghun was practically bouncing he was so excited.

Minsoo swallowed, suddenly nervous. When he and the rest of the members had the chance to meet the two men backstage at M-Countdown, they hadn’t gotten to say much. A quick hello, nice to meet you, and we’re emotional teen pop band, Teen Top!

Photographers had snapped a few pictures, and Minsoo embarrassingly remembers the face he made in the photo, he and Byunghun shaking hands with GD and T.O.P, eyesmiles everywhere because younger idols were meeting their own idols.

Minsoo was too nervous to say anything, and apparently Byunghun had felt the same. 

Now here was another once-in-a-lifetime-chance, to talk to their favorite rappers outside the publicity of being kpop stars. No one would know, no one could interrupt.

“Order #214,” a man behind the counter called, and Minsoo turned, looking down at his receipt. It was their breakfast.

He looked between the food and the two men. Once-in-a-lifetime…

“You grab some bags, I’ll get some. We’ll walk over like we just noticed them, alright?”

Byunghun nodded, a bright grin stretched across his face that was anything but inconspicuous. 

Minsoo took the lead, though he desperately wished Byunghun would walk beside him. He went over what to say in his head, telling himself he couldn’t mess this up.

As they got closer they saw, GD was wearing a hat similar to their own, covering his hair. T.O.P’s white hair wasn’t covered, like he was just asked to get recognized, and the glasses that covered his eyes matched Minsoo’s almost exactly. He was a bit too proud of the fact.

“Excuse me,” he mumbled, clearing his throat lightly as approached their table.

GD and T.O.P looked up at the same time. GD with a piece of biscuit in his mouth and T.O.P in the middle of sipping his soft-drink.

T.O.P was the first one to respond, quickly putting down his beverage and smiling lightly at the boys. “Ah. Hello. You noticed us?”

Byunghun came up beside him now, answering, “We were getting something for the others and I saw you guys over here.”

“So you’re fans?” T.O.P asked, and Minsoo felt his stomach flop. So they didn’t recognize them?

GD hit the table lightly, chewing the rest of his bite and swallowing before chastising the older man. “Yah. You know who they are. Teen Top.”

T.O.P chuckled and nodded, holding out his hand to Minsoo. “I was kidding. Nice to see you guys.”

Minsoo shook his hand, seeing Byunghun doing the same with G-Dragon beside him.

“Charisma Rapper, C.A.P.” Minsoo introduces, bowing to his hyung, then amends, “my real name is Bang Minsoo.”

“Rascal Rapper, L.Joe,” Byunghun says, following his lead. “You can call me Byunghun.”

“I know you both know our names,” T.O.P says, and slightly flustered, the boys agree.

“You were sent out to get something for the members?” GD asks, pointing to their to-go bags.

“Yeah,” Byunghun says, suddenly sullen. “we were the only ones awake, so manager-hyung sent us to get breakfast.”

T.O.P laughs, turning to GD. “That’s a good idea, why didn’t we get Seungri and Daesung to get us breakfast?”

GD just smirked, shrugging before taking another bite of his meal.

Minsoo suddenly felt bad, standing there talking to their idols while they were busy—yes, even busy eating.

He ran a hand over his head, adjusting the cap on his head. “We should probably go… We don’t want to barge in on you guys eating.”

GD waved his hand over his face, brushing away the comment. “S’alright,” he reassured with a mouth full.

“You guys still promoting?” T.O.P asks, and the boys nod.

Byunghun steps back, giving himself room, and suddenly starts to quietly sing his solo from Supa Luv.

Yeah. See what I’m trying to say, baby? It’s your love,” he points, surprisingly, in the direction of their hyungs, “plus my love,” pointing to his chest, “Supa Luv.”

But G-Dragon and T.O.P don’t take it too seriously, thankfully. GD is covering his mouth, hiding his wide smile and T.O.P bobs his head with an amused grin on his face.

“Show off,” Minsoo teases, pushing Byunghun lightly. Then he turns to his idols. Though he wants to say more, anything, he can’t think of anything without it seeming awkward.

“We should get back before the food gets cold,” he says, raising the bag in his hand.

“Maybe if the food gets cold they won’t send us out for it again,” Byunghun mutters.

The older men nod, understanding. Minsoo and Byunghun bow, and the four males say their goodbyes.

Before Byunghun can take even two steps away, though, GD has grabbed his arm to say something.

“Is…” he starts, staring at the hat on the younger boy’s head. “Is your hair still pink.”

Byunghun’s face becomes a similar color, and he says ‘it is’ as he pulls off his hat. G-Dragon smiles at him, “I understand, having pink hair is about as bad as Seunghyun’s white hair.”

Both boys laugh at the look on T.O.P’s face.

“For the fans,” Byunghun explains, “always for the fans.”

“Gotta make him look cute,” Minsoo says, ruffling said pink hair. “Otherwise how will the fans tell him apart from Chunji?”

“Yah! I’m cuter than Chunji!”

Minsoo ignores him, bowing once more to GD and T.O.P. He grabs Byunghun’s elbow, gently tugging him along.

“Bye!” He calls out, following his hyung out of the restaurant. GD and T.O.P wave from their seats, and turn back to their mostly-eaten-meal.

The walk back to the dorms is filled with Byunghun’s ecstatic comments about their meeting, even if Minsoo was there for the whole thing, he goes over every detail he noticed during their ten minutes of conversation. 

“And he grabbed my arm, hyung! He touched me!”

“You’re worse than a fan girl,” Minsoo tells him, silently chuckling at the pout Byunghun gives him.

“Hey,” Byunghun abruptly changed his tone, serious now. “let’s not tell the others about us meeting GD and T.O.P.”

“Why?” Minsoo asks. He’d been excited to tell Niel about who they talked to.

“Because,” Byunghun says, “I think it’d be cool, having our own little secret.”

Minsoo doesn’t understand, but he agrees easily to appease his dongsaeng. 

The food is a little cold by the time they get to the members. They’re all awake now, though still in their pajama’s. 

Their manager questions Byunghun about why he wasn’t wearing his hat, and Minsoo ditches him to go eat.

He doesn’t tell anyone about meeting GD and T.O.P, and as far as he knows, neither does Byunghun. 

Once-in-a-lifetime meeting, accomplished.