Communication Flaws

Trapped in the Maze

Taekwoon, Jaehwan, and Wonsik walked slowly.   The slow pace allowed for them to catch their breaths and stretch their burning legs.  No amount of cardio training they had done in the gym could have prepared them for the amount and speed of running they had to do.  The dark clouds above them flashed and thunder roared off in the distance. If it starts raining then this maze really does have it out for us, Jaehwan thought.  He dragged his feet along slowly, glad that for once nothing was trailing them.  Jaehwan even allowed himself to zone out a little bit as he was dragged along by the blonde rapper.

"What is that?" Taekwoon asked, pointing to an archway that seemed very out of place.  Instead of the cold, grey, cement walls they were used to the archway was made out of smooth, glossy, red bricks.  Jaehwan and Taekwoon stared at it with untrusting gazes.  It was too out of place.  

"What is it?"  Wonsik asked, wanting someone to explain why they had stopped so suddenly.  Jaehwan realized that Taekwoon wasn't aware that Wonsik had spoken.  He tugged on Taekwoon's sleeve to get his attention and pointed at Wonsik and then the gate.

"It's some sort of archway, but it doesn't match the rest of the maze.  It's out of place."  Taekwoon frowned.

"What do you mean out of place?" Wonsik asked.  This time the deaf singer had been watching him speak.

"It's too pretty."  He said simply.  Turning around Taekwoon and Jaehwan realized that a wall had appeared behind them, keeping them from going back the way they came.  Wonsik cocked his head, trying to picture what they could mean by "too pretty".  He pictured some sort of oasis with fairies and floating around.

"Is there another way?  A way around?"  Wonsik asked.  Jaehwan and Taekwoon both shook their heads.

"Uhm, can you actually answer me?  I'm blind, remember?"  Wonsik ruffled his hair with agitation. 

"No, we have to go through it."  Taekwoon answered quickly, realizing his mistake.  He linked arms with Wonsik and dragged him in the direction of the out of place archway.

As they passed through, they felt as if they had entered a new dimension. The hard concrete transformed into soft green grass sprinkled with pink flowers.  Wonsik and Jaehwan could swear that they heard birds chirping, however neither could detect from where.  As Taekwoon and Jaehwan looked around, they realized that they couldn't tell that they were in the maze anymore.  The grey walls had disappeared and were replaced by sprawling green hills.  

Although he couldn't see it, Wonsik could feel the plush grass underneath his feet.  It would softly indent with each step before springing back to its original fullness. Wonsik had never missed the feeling of grass so much before entering the maze. The maze was nothing except cold, hard concrete.  It suited the maze's personality.  They were both unforgiving.

The rapper couldn't help but feel uneasy about the maze's sudden shift.  It was very apparent that the maze, which very definitely had an agenda of its own, was trying to kill all of them.  For all they knew Hyuk, Hakyeon, and Hongbin could all be dead and they would never know it.   Wonsik felt Taekwoon let go of his arm.  The blonde blindly felt around for a sign of either Jaehwan or Taekwoon, but was disturbed to find that neither were in the general vicinity.

"Guys, where'd you go?"  The blind man asked, but didn't receive a reply.

"Wonsik...."  A voice spoke, but it wasn't Jaehwan or Taekwoon.

"Who are you?"  The rapper asked, his voice low in order to hide his fear.

"Wonsik, let's play a game." Wonsik shook his head, knowing that the grassy plane they had stumbled upon was too good to be true.  Everything in this maze was trying to lure them in.  They should have known as soon as all the other passage ways disappeared, leaving only the so called 'beautiful archway'. 

"I don't want to play your silly games." Wonsik growled.  He listened closely, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from.  The was a problem though.  It felt as if the voice was coming from all around them.  It was as if he were sitting in a room that echoes heavily and the words bounce from every direction, leaving the blonde utterly confused as to where anything could be.

"Oh, but I think you'll like this one." The voice had an underlying confidence. Just by hearing the tone, Wonsik knew that the voice had the upper hand.  He didn't know how just yet, but he knew the ultimatum was coming. " If you don't play Taekwoon and Jaehwan will die." There it was.

"What do you want me to do?" The rapper asked, his voice soft and dejected.  

"I'm going to give you one minute.  In that time you have to find both your friends."  Easier said than done.  All Wonsik could do was hear them, but Jaehwan couldn't tell him where he was and Taekwoon probably couldn't hear the rules to this sick little game.

"If you find both, I'll let you all go." 

"If you only find one, I'll kill the other."

"If you can't find either one," the voice suddenly got louder, "Then I'll kill you all."  Wonsik's body stiffened.  He didn't have a choice.  He had to at least try and find the other two.  Either way they were dead.

"Let the games begin."


Well there's the next chapter.  I hope ya'll enjoyed it.  I will post more soon!  Please comment!  They are my favorites!  

<3 Kitamea