Tournant

The Singing Violin

-Tournant, Turning Point-

"You're cute!" Chaerin exclaimed and laughed happily.

"I'm not cute you dev..."

"Ha-ah, no, cut your profanity," Chaerin said.

"It's hard!"

"Then give it a try."

"Okay, okay."

And there they were, spending the evening with winds and breezes.

***

Chaerin stepped into her room and checked on her cellphone. 15 missed calls.

"Well hello mom?"

"Father needs you to go home."

"What?!"

"If you want to get your dream, he will help."

This was getting suspicious and Chaerin didn't like it.

"Mom, tell me the truth," She insisted in calm way.

"He will help you but you must meet his friend's son."

"What?! Arranged meeting? I am not going anywhere!"

"Your father will suspend you from school and you can't apply to another university."

"Damn," You hissed.

"Since when you talk those word?"

"Long story. I learned so much. Fine, I'll be back home. When?"

"Tomorrow."

"Okay mom. I will do it for you and for my dream."

She sighed and started to pack her things. What the heck was that? It's getting dark and she needed to take bus and train. She dragged her luggage outside when the door opposite her opened.

"Chaerin?" Suho called.

"Hello."

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Should you say goodbye?" Suho said.

"No need to. I will come back again," She chuckled.

"Should I tell the others?" Suho asked again.

"No need to. Thanks for understanding and goodbye," Chaerin smiled and walked away.

"My feelings are bad," Suho stratched his head and went into his room again and found his phone ringing.

"I need to go home," Yixing's voice made Suho's light bulb .

"What is it? Tell me the truth."

"I will after tomorrow end. Don't tell the others. Bye," Yixing closed the call and sighed.

"What the hell?" Yixing zipped his luggage and started walk downstairs.

"Huh?" He stopped to see someone familiar there.

"Chaerin?"

"Yixing oppa?"

"Where are you going?" Yixing asked.

"Home. Then you?"

"Same here."

Chaerin waved goodbye when the cab (Yes she decided to take a cab) came and she moved inside.

"This is ultra strange," Chaerin murmured.

"Don't say that..." Chaerin gasped and tried to think about another matter.

***

Kyung Soo rubbed his head and rolled to the other side of the bed. He felt tired but had to wake up and went to some theory classes. He took the bath lazily and packed his notebooks. He opened the door and stared for a while at the door next to his.

"Nevermind," He said and went away.

"Where is she?" Chanyeol snapped Kyung Soo from his own mind during lunch that day.

"She? You mean Chaerin?" Baekhyun asked.

"And where's Yixing ge?" Tao asked.

Suho cleared his throat and told them not to worry and kept eating. Kyung Soo escpecially quiet today even Baekhyun hugged him or the others treated him like a just-recovered-person for today.

"Do you think something is missing?" Luhan asked Sehun.

"His profanities!" Xiumin pointed at Kyung Soo and they stared for explanation.

"What? I try to stop it," Kyung Soo announced.

"At last," Jongin hugged Kyung Soo who just blushed.

"Adorable!" Jongdae said as he pinched Kyung Soo's cheeks.

***

Chaerin glad to come home safely and slept in her own bed again before someone knocked her bedroom door.

"It's time. We'll going to have lunch with them," Her mom said softly as she sat on Chaerin's bed.

"Okay," Chaerin murmured and got ready.

She wore a casual clothes and her mom quickly snatched it off and changed it into summer dress.

"Mom..."

"Let's go."

Being a daughter of instrument industry (her father owns some factory to make pianos and stuffs) is quite hard. She was trained to own a business but she didn't want it at all. She wants to be the one who play, the one who shine, the one who make people happy.

"My daughter, Nam Chaerin," said an old man as Chaerin tried to hold her jaws for hanging down to long.

"Here is my son, Zhang Yixing."

That time, Chaerin wanted to drowned herself into the piano notes.

"We know each other," Yixing said finally.

"Wow that's good," his mother clapped happily as the meal started to come.

Chaerin shocked to see how Yixing acted calmly towards the question from her father but she were trembling from nervousness because of some personal questions from Yixing's parents.

"Do you have someone you like?" His mom asked and Chaerin stopped eating right away.

Yixing stared at Chaerin who spaced out by the question.

"I...."

"Should I play something?" Yixing made them turned their attention towards him and Chaerin sighed in relieve.

Yixing walked and sat in front of the piano.

"Request?" Yixing asked Chaerin who gladly accompanied Yixing by standing beside the piano.

"Hungarian Rhapsody no. 2!" Chaerin said cheerfully.

"Tom & Jerry's Cat Concerto huh?"

"I love that episode!"

"Well then," Yixing started to play.

Chaerin stared amazingly at Yixing's fingers which danced along the notes. She imagined the cartoon and moved her fingers and head because she enjoyed it so much. She loved overflowing notes here and there and Yixing played it perfectly.

"Woaah!" Chaerin clapped happily as the parents praised him for the show.

"They make a sweet couple," Mrs. Zhang whispered to Mrs. Nam.

"They are," Mrs. Nam smiled at them two.

Yixing shuttered when his mom ordered him to ask Chaerin for a walk in the garden. It's not that he didn't like Chaerin, but he knew that Chaerin likes someone else even he's not sure who it is.

"So, its all coincidence," Yixing started the conversation.

"A strange one. I don't know that our parents are bestfriends," Chaerin replied.

"Me neither. By the way, what's with the sudden spaced out about my mom's question?" He decided to go straight to the point.

"That was tooo personal and actually I don't have someone that I like."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah."

They ended talking until its evening and Yixing decided to go back home.

"Thank you for the rhapsody!" Chaerin waved him goodbye.

"Same here," Yixing walked to his car.

He sighed as he drove home.

"This is not right. I know that she likes someone but I'm not sure," Yixing got his phone and called Suho.

"You know, something is different today. Kyung Soo stopped using that annoying tone and he didn't blurt some profanities today!" Suho announced.

"There must be someone behind it," Yixing said.

"How about you?" Suho asked.

"That girl that I told you in the morning is Chaerin."

"WHAT?!" Suho snapped and Yixing parted his phone from his ear.

"I need you to do something for me. Let's find the man that she likes," Yixing suggested.

"But why? She likes you though."

"She don't see me as a man but more like a brother. I don't want to fall in love, Suho," Yixing said.

"What a nice guy of you. We will work together and until that time, we can watch her from afar," Suho concluded and Yixing agreed.

Suho joined them when it's dinner time.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol got some different atmosphere from Suho.

"Your hyung were arranged to meet someone," he announced.

"You mean..." Sehun stopped to load the infos.

"Yixing hyung?!" The youngers started to shock out at the information.

"And it's Chaerin," they stared at each other and they eyes widened in disbelief.

Kyung Soo felt something ached in his stomach but ignored it right away. Kris watched some changes in expression with Kyung Soo and woke him up.

"Are you okay?" He asked as the doe eyed boy nodded while smiling.

Suho continued to tell what happened today and they listened well.

"But why?" Tao asked Suho about Yixing's decision.

"He is a good man," Luhan commented.

"But who?" Chanyeol asked about who Chaerin like.

"When will he come back?" Jongin asked.

"Tomorrow morning and we can ask him about the details but don't even mention this when Chaerin is around. Do you get it?" Suho said as the others nodded.

Kyung Soo nodded too and the others stared at him.

"What?" He asked in confusion.

"We miss you!" They hugged the little guy.

"Yaah!" Kyung Soo protested and they laughed in happiness.

They finished dinner and he came back to his room. He took some partitures and tried to practice. Something was disturbing him until he heard a sound of unlocking door outside.

"Chaerin?" He murmured and confused whether to pretend to come out and greeted her or not.

"No no," He murmured and paid attention to the partitures.