Note Diabolique

The Singing Violin

Another serenity in Ave Maria by Bach...

A good beginning starts with a good step...

I will try my best to be the number one!

-Note Diabolique, Devilish Notes-

Chaerin snapped out her phone who buzzed in the morning. She had some morning problems and she didn't like the disturbing alarm.

"Oh my God!" she woke up and realized that she had a quiz.

She stormed to the bathroom and messily added some pieces into her bag. She ran, opened the door and turned around to the stairs. Being a clumsy girl, she bumped into someone because of the hurriness.

"Hey watch out!" a familiar voice said.

"Sorry! Bye!" Chaerin didn't care and ran downstairs.

"Weird," Kyung Soo entered his room and packed his things.

"Time to go!" He happily said because today he will have some new songs to sing.

***

"Late enough. Ms. Chaerin," the lecturer said as Chaerin bowed.

"I'm sorry."

"You can sit."

"Thank you sir."

Sehun paid attention when Chaerin came and sat on the front chair. Chaerin quickly took a paper and took the question sheet.

"Time's up!"

Chaerin sighed and gave the paper. Suddenly the class turned silent than ever.

"What?" Chaerin unconciously asked.

"You are the late person and now you handed the quiz first. Let's see...," Chaerin shocked because now every stares went to her.

"A!"

Sehun gasped at the sudden score and Chaerin's ability to remember. Chaerin just sat quietly because she was embarrased. The class started to chat about her.

"Good memorizer," Sehun came to her after the class ended.

"Oh Sehun. Hello. That just a coincidence," Chaerin said as she putted back her notes.

"Wanna have lunch?" Chaerin stunned for a second because it's unusual to have Sehun asked first.

"Yeah. What's with the sudden nice person?" Chaerin laughed.

"Just want to introduce my friends to you. If you want to know them," Sehun said.

"That will be nice," She accepted the offer and followed Sehun to the canteen.

"Sehun!"

Chaerin looked and found Luhan was there.

"Hello Luhan-ssi," Chaerin greeted.

"Ah the half chinese girl," Luhan said as they stared at Chaerin who shocked by the sudden attention.

"You know her?" Jongin asked.

"She is Sehun's friend," Luhan explained.

"Guys, this is Chaerin," Sehun introduced.

"Well hello! My name is Minseok and I'm in performer faculty," Minseok introduced himself nicely.

"Hi I'm Baekhyun! Performer major too! Singer!" Chaerin smiled a little because Baekhyun looked like a puppy.

"I'm Chanyeol! Guitarist! You must be in Violin with Sehun, right?" Chanyeol said as Chaerin nodded happily.

Suddenly some people came over and Chaerin shocked to see someone familiar.

"Piano man...," She murmured.

"What?" Chanyeol asked because Yixing walked and sat between them.

"I think I know you," Yixing suddenly said.

"What hyung?" A familiar voice echoed behind Yixing.

"You again!!" Kyung Soo and Chaerin shouted at the same time, making the others stared suspiciously.

Sehun shocked by the sudden reaction between them. He never looked at the annoyed Chaerin.

"So, what are you doing in front of my practice room?" Yixing remembered.

"Ah! I know it! You're truly a stalker!" Kyung Soo pointed at Chaerin.

"I'm not!"

"Sorry guys," another tower came and couldn't walk to the table because of them.

"What?!" they both shouted.

"Wow Kyung Soo! You changed so much!" Kris commented as Kyung Soo moved aside so Kris can pass through.

"Did he eat something wrong?" a chinese boy named Tao asked Kris.

"Hey! We're not invisible!" Jongdae, another singer shouted at them.

Chaerin realized and quickly said sorry and sat beside Sehun.

"So guys this is Chaerin, Sehun's friend," Xiumin, known to be the oldest of them all, introduced Chaerin.

"Hello I'm Nam Chaerin. Nice to meet you! But not that devilish boy," Chaerin rolled her eyes when she looked at Kyung Soo who just growled, annoyed at her words.

"You're the devilish one!" Kyung Soo snapped as it started again.

"Don't let my mouth blurt out some profanities," Chaerin hissed as she tried to control himself.

"World War III is nearly begin. Please prepare you defences," Jongdae announced.

"Oh hope that I have some bazookas," Chanyeol frowned.

"Not that kind of war," Baekhyun laughed because of Chanyeol's slow thinking.

"Kyung Soo, stop the bad words," Suho warned Kyung Soo.

Chaerin facepalmed herself. How could she lose control like that? Sehun just stared at her again, processing all the different behaviours.

"I guess she have an alter ego," Yixing concluded as he held his partitures and wrote some notes on it.

"Real one?" Luhan stared intensely at Chaerin.

"Oh Luhan hyung, you should take some nausea bag," Kyung Soo suggested.

"Why? I don't want to vomit."

"You will after you saw that girl," Kyung Soo laughed sarcastically as Chaerin shocked by the prank.

"Oh! That's nice! I will be near you always! So you will vomit all the time and tired because of it," Chaerin smirked as Jongin laughed.

"Good rebuttal," Xiumin praised.

"What makes him change like that?" Tao kept asking Kris.

"We still don't know," Kris said to Tao.

"He used to be a nice, polite, and dilligent boy," Tao added as Luhan who heard that conversation nodded.

"This will be a simulation of World War III," Suho shook his head, feeling dizzy.

Sehun looked at his watch and decided to use the practice room that he booked before.

"May I use yours too? I haven't booked one. You can play first until you finish and I will wait," Chaerin begged at Sehun.

"You may," Sehun took his violin, waved goodbye and walked with Chaerin.

"Suspiciously close," Jongdae started the topic.

"Agree!" Jongin shouted.

"How can you know Kyung Soo hyung?" Sehun asked.

"He is my neighbour. It to have him as my neighbour," Chaerin frowned.

"He's nice actually. But we still don't know what's bothering him until now."

"So that's the unsolved case," Chaerin understood.

They both walked into the practice room and Chaerin sat diligently, waiting for Sehun to practice.

"Meditation?" Charein peeked at the sheets.

"Uh-yes. But don't laugh, I just a newbie in this," Sehun lifted his violin and started to play.

Chaerin's mouth hung open as Sehun moved the fingers and bow. His talent made her drowned in despair. He really has a pure talent and sure not a newbie.

"Such a liar," Chaerin laughed after Sehun ended with his play.

"What?"

"From the way your fingers moved and the accuracy in bowing, it just no. You are not a newbie."

Sehun laughed and Chaerin froze at the emotion.

"Playing detectives huh?"

"I just know that you can laugh."

"Just a coincidence. Now do you want to practice?"

"I maybe embarass myself because I'm in the new songs," Chaerin murmured.

"Let's give it a try," Sehun said when someone opened the door.

"Eh? I guess I went to the wrong room," Yixing smiled as Chaerin's eyes sparkled to see Yixing's face.

"No!" Chaerin said as Sehun shocked to hear such a bold intonation.

She dragged Yixing and made him sat on the piano chair. Yixing smiled and putted his fingers on the piano.

"What to play?" He asked nicely.

"Tchaikovsky! I love the flowing notes!" Chaerin cheered and Yixing's finger started to dance along the notes.

Sehun amazed at his hyung's skill. He may be quiet but he noticed everything. He knew but he didn't feel anything towards Chaerin.

***

"Hum hum hum....," Suho stunned to hear the humming sound out of nowhere but recognize it anyway.

"Yah Kyung Soo! You frightened me!" Suho turned around and found Kyung Soo near his practice room.

"What?" Kyung Soo wore off his earphone and Suho facepalmed himself.

"You should tell us why," Suho snapped.

"About what?"

"You know what I mean."

"Just shove it out," Kyung Soo said as he passed by.

"I still have my patient but the others aren't," Suho warned hI'm as the younger stopped to hear that.

"Try me."

Suho shook his head in desperation as he called Kris.

"New plan."

"Then meet me at the dining room tonight," Kris laughed as Suho pouted.