Final

Angst and Lost Members


For some reason, curiosity got over Xiumin as he stumbled upon a comment of a fan about a certain fanfic that was totally not romantic in nature. He decided to check the story out if it was good. It was supposed to be a harmless decision, but he made a mistake that everything will be the same as soon as he finishes the story.

He liked the story in the beginning. It was something unique and focuses on something other than romance between members. But as he finished chapter by chapter, he became entranced. He, too, prayed that Yixing will be alright. He didn’t want anyone to die. To even think that one of the members would die was painful. It would be like losing a friend, a family.

The EXO member should have stopped right then and there when the story was just on its early chapters. He had a feeling it was only getting worse from then on but that meant he wasted his time. So, he continued reading.

By the time he reached the end of the story, he was sniffling. A few tears leaked from his eyes.

He looked at his roommate, Chen, hoping that he didn’t hear the noises he was making. Chen didn’ t even stir from his sleep.

He shut his laptop as gently as he possibly could.

Luhan and Sehun…

That wasn’t supposed to happen, he thought. Yixing should be smiling and everyone should be alive.

He wiped his tears and let out a deep breath. He told himself repeatedly that it was just a STORY, nothing more. It wasn’t true.

Xiumin kept convincing himself even as he turned for bed. It became like a mantra. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

Minutes passed and he was still wide awake. Normally, once he was lying down sleep would take over. But on this night, he couldn’t. His mind kept on going back to the sad story.

He could imagine every scene in his mind, making him feel worse every time.

He shook his head and tried to fall asleep again. When he failed to fall asleep after 30 minutes of endless tossing and turning, he got out of bed and attempted to prove to his stubborn mind that everything was alright.

The first place he checked was Sehun’s room. He opened the door slightly and peeked in. On his left, he saw the youngest member sprawled comfortable on his bed. Not a trace of discomfort which assured Xiumin.

Sehun was there. A mild comfort filled his heart. Like he was trying to tell himself countless times, he was alive. It was just a story.

After being assured that the youngest member was still breathing, he suddenly thought of Lay and Luhan.

Minseok quietly closed the door of Sehun and Jongin’s room and went to Luhan and Yixing’s room.

The door was unlocked and he went inside.

His eyes immediately searched for Yixing’s. The tall dancer was sleeping with his back facing Xiumin.

Lay was safe.

The worried member was able to relax a bit.

When he faced Luhan’s bed, something stirred inside of him. He should be happy that Luhan was sleeping on his bed, but the fear and pain he felt from the story came rising in his chest.

A flash of his imagination pass through his mind. Luhan was in the operating room while he and the rest of the group were outside waiting for good news.

He shook his head furiously and rubbed his eyelids to prevent the tears threatening to spill.

It was just a story, he reminded himself and yet he still wasn’t reassured.

Xiumin tiptoed towards Luhan’s bed and called out his name in a whisper. “Luhan.”

Being a light sleeper, Luahn woke at the call of his name. He groaned and turned toward the source of the voice.

A blur image of a person was in front of him. He couldn’t see well but he remembers the voice.

“Minseok?” The Chinese member slightly opened his eyes. His rough voice strongly suggests that he was really having a good sleep.

“Can I sleep with you? I—I can’t sleep on my bed for some reason…” Xiumin asked shyly, suddenly feeling vulnerable. He felt vulnerable. The fear he was feeling had his emotions going in all different directions.

Luhan made room for his friend and lifted his blanket in invitation without a word.

Minseok slipped under the blanket and cuddled close to Luhan. “Thank you.” He murmured.

“You’re welcome.” A soft smile rose from Luhan’s lips before falling asleep again.

Xiumin closed his eyes and burrowed deeper on Luhan’s warmth.

Luhan was here with him. Alive and definitely breathing.

Flesh and Blood.

He could hear his friend’s heartbeat and deep breathing telling him that Luhan was already asleep. Finally, those sounds appeased his worried heart and let him sleep.