Chapter 3

Still You

Chapter 3

     Nam Junhyung lives with Yi Jeong in a student condominium just blocks away from their school, as Seo Hanna lives alone in their own house that’s also just blocks away from their school. As for Junhyung and Yi Jeong, you can say that they live luxuriously in their student condo, with a room that’s fully air-conditioned, with its own bathroom and a double-deck bed, a huge window that displays a nice view of the city especially at night, and of course, a fast wifi connection, but this is just the bedroom part, for a few floors below their unit is an entertainment room exclusively for their own use only. The sound proof room has a wide flat screen TV, with loud speakers that’s ideal for watching movies, soft sofas and cushions with a sliding door that leads to a balcony which also views the entire city, and this is the only room where they can entertain and bring friends for it is strictly the building’s rule that they can’t bring other people in their bedrooms. So obviously, with these said, a normal student can’t afford this kind of living. 
     
    As for Seo Hanna, their house is a two-storey house, with a master’s bedroom, her bedroom, with their own bathrooms and walk-in closets, and a guest room that can accommodate 5 persons and has its own bathroom also, a spacious modern kitchen, a commodious living room, dining room, garage, everything, and upstairs, in front of a huge glass window, is a white grand piano, and above that, is a glass chandelier. But she actually doesn’t need the spacious-everything for she just lives alone there and rarely cooks and rarely eats and just spends most of the day in her room, so her bills and expenses are not that expensive. She’s already happy to stay there surrounded by her Jongwoon pictures, posters, 5J Project albums, merch, everything about 5J and Jongwoon, and spends her time on the internet when there’s really nothing to do, so Seo Hanna lives the kind of life that every fangirl wishes to have. 
     

     It’s been already 3 months since the 1st day and as Nam Junhyung enters the room that day, he finds Yi Jeong packing his things.
“What the hell bro?! Why are you packing?!”
“Good you already came!” Yi Jeong said, obviously hurrying himself. “Look, my father just called me and said that my grandmother’s already dead and I need to go back now, as in NOW!”
“I’m sorry. Send them my condolences.”
“Thanks bro.” Yi Jeong said, looking up at him.    
“But what about school?!” Junhyung asked.
“I don’t know. I’ll just figure it out there, just say it to our profs or something! I don’t know when I’ll be back or if I’m coming back.” Yi Jeong said, already preparing himself to leave.
“Wait! Does this mean that I have to pay the rent here by myself now?!”
“Uhm, yeah? Kind of? You’re rich anyways MR. FUTURE CEO! That’s not much of a problem for you. Got to go now bro! See you when I see you!” Yi Jeong said, tapping Junhyung’s shoulder and left, leaving a bewildered Junhyung behind. Then silence… it’s just Junhyung and silence as he stands there facing the door, bewildered, confused, until…
“AAAAAAAH!! WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO?!” as he throws himself into his bed like a child having his tantrums. “TO HELL WITH THIS LIFE!! IT! THIS! AAAAAAH!” then…

*RING*

Cutting him out of his cry of agony, he gets his phone and rolls his eyes as he sees the caller ID and answers it.
“Abeoji.” He said formally.
“How long are you going to disappoint me by giving me LOW PASSING GRADES?!”
“Abeoji, at least I passed!”
“At least you passed?!” obviously getting angrier by the way his son answered him. “You passed 1 point of the failing grade you bastard! How can I entrust you the company when you’re giving me these kinds of grades?! I sent you there to study in one of the Philippines’ finest schools and these grades are what you are going to give me?! For the three and a half consecutive years?!” Even though they are just talking on the phone and are miles and miles apart, Junhyung can still feel his father’s fury creeping through his skin, at least for Junhyung, he never had a failing grade, but his grades are the lowest passing grades, but at least, HE PASSES.
“I’ve had enough of you! Starting now you will only be receiving HALF OF YOUR ALLOWANCE!” his dad continued.
“Wait! What?! No!” Junhyung snapped, suddenly getting panicky. “Yi Jeong just left and is not sure if he’s coming back! Abeoji, if you’re cutting my allowance then I wouldn’t be able to pay my rent here! And abeoji! Just two more months anyways! DON’T DO THIS!”
“I know that Yi Jeong just left and you not being able to pay your rent there is NOT MY PROBLEM!” his father said.
“But abeoji! Where on the face of the earth will I live?! Abeoji! I’ll give you the HIGHEST PASSING GRADE this time! I promise! Abeoji! Please reconsider!” Junhyung said, pleading him.
“No… I have already made my decision!”
“But Abeoji!”
“………………..”
“Abeoji?!”
“……………….” 
Looking at his phone, he is warmly greeted by his wallpaper.
“AAAAAAAAAAAH!” realizing that his father hung up on him, he screams his again for he was 100% sure that his father had really made his decision. He just laid there on his bed, mentally cursing the world, his life, his bed, his wall, and mentally cursing everything he sees for all the s that are going on with his life right now, not knowing that this is just the start of the not-so-good-fate’s-plan for him.


     
    Seo Hanna wakes up wishing for good vibes along the way, even though today, she’s classmates with Junhyung again for two subjects. She even considers this as a miracle that she’s able to just go with it for 3 months now even if it’s still the same death glares over and over again when they are in the same room and even her friend, Minyoung, is also used to them snobbing each other, death glaring each other, cursing each other, and whatever-each-other that they are doing to one another. It’s already Pre-Finals now and next, next week is finals already and then after that, Yehet! It’s-the-going-back-to-Korea-moment! 
    
     Even though Hanna is busying herself on her Jongwoon most of the time, she still studies hard for Jongwoon, as always, even though Jongwoon doesn’t know anything about her efforts in reality, the reality that most of the fangirls have, and because of this, she always gets the highest grade and her dear parents are just oh-so-so proud of her.
     
     Since it’s Pre-finals and Finals is soon, there’s a lot of work to do at school and assignments to do at home, and add to the fact that she’s a graduating student so double the work and efforts from the past years. And to hell with her beautiful life, she has four theses to do on the four subjects she has with Junhyung, and to really hell with her beautiful life, Junhyung is her group mate in all the four theses she has to do in the four damn subjects! And if Hanna is not ok with this, Junhyung is not either. 
     
    As their group talks about the topic that they will do, Junhyung is just sitting there quietly, figuring out a misery of his own.

“Ok!” Hanna said, pulling him out of his trance. “I think that’s ok for today, just e-mail me your researches concerning the topic and I’ll be the one to edit and compile them.” She continued, smiling at her other members and not even considering Junhyung that’s just sitting in front of her. As she and her other members stand and prepare to leave, Junhyung calls her…
“Hey fangirl!”    
Hanna stops on her tracks and turns around to face Junhyung, who’s looking at her seriously, with no hint of mockery on his face.
“Are you pertaining to me?” Hanna asked, pointing to herself, for only Minyoung and her few friends that she left in Korea were the only ones who know that she’s a fan of Kim Jongwoon.
“I don’t know any fangirl here besides you, so yes, I’m pertaining to you. Jongwoon fangirl!”
O_O “H-h-how did you know?” she asked again, as curiosity fills her.
“It doesn’t matter how I knew, but I have some things to offer.”
She raised an eyebrow and said “Are you on drugs or just hungry or have you eaten something not edible for human consumption?! Whatever it is that you want to offer me, I’M BLOODY NOT INTERESTED!” and turns her back on him and started to walk again until…
“PLEASE HELP ME!” 
What?! Did she just hear him right?! The almighty Nam Junhyung is asking for her help?! She stops again and faced him and said “Did I just hear you right?! YOU are asking for my HELP?!”
“Yes! You heard me right! I’LL COMPLY WITH ANY CONDITIONS YOU WANT! I CAN MAKE YOU MEET JONGWOON! I PROMISE THAT IF YOU HELP ME I CAN MAKE THE 5J PROJECT APPEAR ON YOUR DOORSTEP AS FAST AS I CAN! Well, if they’re not busy right now.” He said it fast, like he himself can’t accept the fact that he’s really doing this and Hanna really tried hard to catch up on every word he said and Jongwoon on her doorstep really picked her interest up. But still, she’s not that dumb and just scoffed and said …
“What are you?! A genie?! Ha-bloody-ha! Why would I believe you?!”
“Don’t you really know me?! O_O I’m the heir to the JM Entertainment! Your idols’ entertainment company! I can make it happen really!”
She just looks at Junhyung, studying his face if he’s really saying the truth or is just playing a prank on her or something but dang! He really looks serious that she wants to believe it, besides, he’s a Nam. It’s possible. It’s possible that he’s the son of Nam Jung Min.
“What?!” Junhyung snapped at her, obviously annoyed that she’s staring at him like a bacteria on a Petri dish. “You can Google me if you want!” he suggested “or check my Facebook account! I swear I’m telling the truth!”
“Fine! Fine!” considering his suggestion, she takes her phone out, it’s a good thing that their whole school has a wifi connection. “I’ll Google you!” After almost 3 minutes of standing in the hallway and carefully looking at the facts and pictures that Google showed her, she finally says…
“Ok! I believe you! Nam Junhyung, son of Nam Jung Min and the heir to JM Entertainment, currently studying in the Philippines and is taking Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing and is STANDING APPROXIMATELY 5 FT. AWAY FROM ME!”
“Did Google said that also?” he said, sounding amazed.
“Whatever! So what do you want?!” she asked, as Junhyung started to walk towards her, minimizing the distance between them until he’s just 1 foot away from her.
“LET ME LIVE WITH YOU.”
     
    As soon as Seo Hanna heard this, you might think that her reaction would be extremely extravagant, but no, her reaction in fact, is just simple. HER JAW DROPPED. She just stood there in front of Junhyung, hanging open and just looks at him like he just cussed loud in a church or tried to rob a bank or something. In short, she looks dumb.
“What?!” Junhyung asked, waving a hand in front of Hanna’s face.
“W-w-what did you just say? You want to l-l-live with me?!” Hanna stammered.
“Yep! Yep!” nodding “It’s not like I’m going to gety with you or something!”
“Are you insulting me?!” It’s not that Hanna wants Junhyung to gety with her or what but she just don’t like the sound of it, like it means that she’s ugly or doesn’t have any appeal to others or… UGGGH! It’s hard to explain how Hanna feels about they thing.
“No! What I mean is…uh…” Junhyung stammered, finding the right word to say this time “It was meant as a reassurance for…”
“No!” Hanna interrupted him as she started to walk fast away from him.
“Wait!” Junhyung said as he ran after her and grabbed her arm. “No is not accepted! Please! PLEASE! Hear me out first!” he pleaded her and Hanna stopped and faced him. She may be sarcastic towards him and she may don’t like him but hearing him plead to her like that, maybe the guy’s really got a huge problem and she can be kind if she wants to, especially that he mentioned Jongwoon in her doorstep awhile ago, giving the guy a chance to speak himself out won’t hurt.
“Fine! I’m giving you 5 minutes to explain yourself!”
Junhyung heaves a sigh of relief to this, and knowing how mean this girl in front of him can get, he immediately started speaking for he never wanted to waste the 5 minute chance given to him.
“Ok, so as you can see, I’ve been giving my father the lowest passing grade since I got here, consistently, until he snapped at me last night and said that he had enough of me and that I’ll be only receiving half of  my allowance now! And Yi Jeong! You know Yi Jeong right?! Oh well, he’s my roommate and he also left last night because his grandmother died and he doesn’t know if he’s still coming back, and as you know, well, I think you don’t know, Yi Jeong and I lives in the student condo there, the one near here and we share on paying the rent there but since he left last night, I’m just the only one who’s gonna live there and the one that’s going to pay the rent there, but my father already made his decision and half of my allowance won’t be enough for me to be able to continue living there! And besides, I need to eat also! Have mercy on me Ms. Seo! I promise I’ll try my best not to annoy you! I’ll pay your water and electric bills for you! I promise again that as soon as the 5J Project gets a free schedule I’ll send them at your house as soon as possible!” If this is a contest of the one who speaks the fastest, Nam Junhyung, no doubt could have won already, and while he was seriously delivering his speech, Seo Hanna was just listening intently while giving him a poker face. After 5 seconds of looking at each other…
“Are you done?” Hanna asked, looking at her watch “You still have 4 minutes left.”
“I’m done. Thank you. So, what now?” Junhyung said, obviously hoping for her to agree.
“Let me answer your first question first, yes, I know Yi Jeong, and if you’re really that desperate, let me tell you that FIRST! When you live with me, don’t meddle with me! Don’t ever! Ever! Go into my room! SECOND! You clean if you have to! THIRD! Try your best not to annoy me! No! Not TRY! DO your best not to annoy me! FOURTH! If you ever did something that will really make me furious I’ll kick you out! AND NOT FOR A SECOND WILL I RECONSIDER! And about the 5J Project thing, make sure you go with your word or I’LL SKIN YOU ALIVE! Understand?!”
“Yes. I understand! So that’s a yes right? Right?” Junhyung said, his eyes shining, shimmering because of happiness.
“What do you think?! Do you want me to change my mind?! And let me clear this! I’m doing this not because I pity you! I actually don’t care if you live in the streets! I’M DOING THIS BECAUSE OF THE 5J PROJECT! GOT IT?!”
“I know, I know” clearly stopping himself to say something that will make this mean girl change her mind. For heaven’s sake! He doesn’t want to live in the streets or into a cheap boarding house! “See you later Seo Hanna!” he said, as he hurriedly went home to pack his things, leaving her behind as Hanna looks at him as he disappeared into view, thinking if she did the right thing on agreeing to let the guy he hates the most live with her.