Lamia

Red Blood Moon—Edited—

Tao and Luhan watched the strange scene in front of them, both of them confused.


"Kris..." Tao tightened his grip on the vampire's arm "what is happening?"

Kris' eyes softened a bit when he stared at Tao's confused eyes, but his expression hardened when he looked at the people standing in front of him.

"So you haven't told him" Tao's mother talked with a mocking tone

Tao's eyebrows rose in confusion "tell me what?"

Mrs. Huang had a cruel smile plastered on her face "that your precious boyfriend comes from a royal family and that by mating you, he's breaking many rules" 

Tao ha never seen his mother giving such smile.sure,his mother was mean,but not cruel? Right? Tao felt as if he never knew the woman he called mother and he didn't like what was going on,he felt blind,he didn't want to be kept in the dark about the situation.

Kris glared at the woman "no, Tao knows who I am—What I am— and from where I come from"

It was true, Kris had told Tao that he was the heir of one the 1Night World's most important royal families, Sehun too.

Kris family—The Wu— was an ancient Chinese family,which dated back to the times of the first vampires.Kris family was part of the Elders Council.His father himself was considered an Elder.A long the years his family had built a great fortune and Kris wa sthe rightful successor and heir,for he was the oldest son.

Of course Kris knew what was going on,from the moment he learned that Tao's last name was 'Huang' ,he just hoped that the rules were forgotten.

"And if anything, you’re the wrong ones here for not telling your sons the truth"

"How dare you!" Tao's mother looked furious, it seemed as if she was about to attack Kris, but Tao was faster and he stood in front of Kris, blocking his mother in the process,who regained her composure.

“What is Kris talking?” Tao asked with monotonous voice “Mother

“You’re not mere humanswe’re not mere humans” Mr. Huang began

“what?” this time Luhan asked

“we’re 2Lamia” Mrs. Huang answered “We’re vampires, but we are born vampires, we’re not created, you,my sons ,are Lamia too.You were born vampires, not bitten”

“No” Tao felt his breath hitching “that’s not true”

“Yes it is”

Luhan stared at his mother ,his mouth felt dry “then how can we eat human food?  And  we do not have fangs”

“It’s because Lamia vampires can survive by human food and by blood too,they can age if they choose to and they do not grow fangs, unless they taste blood, human blood”

“why didn’t you tell us this before?” Tao demanded “why hiding it?”

“we were going to tell you sooner or later, but thanks to your dear boyfriend, it seems like it was sooner than expected ” Mr. Huang glared at Kris

“No, he hasn’t done anything wrong, you are the wrong ones here, you are the ones that lied ”Tao spitted the words to his father

“Well,now that they know the truth, let’s give them the news, shall we?” Tao’s father motioned  his wife to speak

“Wonderful idea,dear”

“What news?” Luhan asked ,glaring at his parents, he was angry and furious.He just wanted his parents to leave now and to never come back,

“you’re getting married”

“..." Tao felt silent,the words echoing in his head.

“Or more like Taozi is getting married” Her mother wore a sadistic smile in her face while saying the words

“What?” That was all Tao could formulate.

“Yes,20 years ago, in this same date, we made a deal with another Lamia house, called the Redfern.We promised that our first born would marry Hunter Redfern’s first son, but it seems that their son doesn’t want to marry Luhan, he wants you, and he’s going to have you

“Never” Tao's response was quicker than Kris,who seemed to be thinking the same thing.

That spoiled Redfern is not going to have Tao,never,even if I die preventing it. 'I'll never leave Tao in the hands of that monster" 

Most of the Redfern where blood thirsty creatures,thirsty for human blood and full of hatred for the human kind.

“it’s not your choice son” Tao’s father ignored his sons comment

I’m not your son. You’re not my parents, now get out” Tao walked to the door, even though he was in the verge of crying in the inside, on the outside he put a blank face.

“And don’t ever come back”  Luhan added, standing beside his brother once their parents walked out.


“Are you alright?” Kris hugged Tao, as the boy sobbed.

Kris could do nothing to ease the pain Tao felt,for it was not a physical injury,but a much deeper cut.

“I…” Tao couldn’t speak, he had nothing to say.No words came to his mind

Kris’ heart broke at the sight of his mate crying “I’m sorry”

He kept saying it,while caressing Tao's face,whiping away the tears rolling down his cheeks.

Tao looked at him, as Kris brushed his tears away “no, this is not your fault”

“Yes It is” Kris talked ,remorse and guilty in his voice “If you hadn’t met me, none of this would’ve happened”

“No” Tao grabbed Kris face and pressed their foreheads together,their souls connected,heartbeat to hearbeat. “You heard my mother ,they were going to tell us sooner or later,and if I hadn’t met you ,I would probably be married to God knows who, maybe a ert or creepy vampire”

Tao tried to smile,but his smile broke into a crooked one.

“I love you, don’t forget that” Tao kissed Kris softly,assuring him that this was not his fault.

'What would be of me If I hadn't met you?'

Nothing,I woud be nothing but dust and soft traces of an existence.


This will end in the next chapter!

I'm so sorry for being this late,but I needed to pass my finals and the only way to fo it was to stay away from the computer.

My finals ended and I came back to finish the story~

1Night World : The Night World is an underground society made up of different kinds of Night People, including vampires, witches, shapeshifters, and werewolves. It is a secret society amongst the ordinary human world. Night People are governed by laws. Authoritative bodies such as the Night World Council make sure these laws are followed to prevent humans from knowing the Night World exists. A human who finds out about the Night World or its people should be killed according to these laws.

2Lamia : Lamia is just an old word for vampires, but for it means the ones who're born that way.They're born and age like humans - except that they can stop aging whenever they want.They breathe. They walk around in the daylight. They can even eat regular food

The Night World universe is not mine,it belongs to one of my favorite authors, L.J Smith!