Wolf

Dark Side of the Moon

“Is she going to be okay?” Baekhyun nervously asked Lay.

“I don’t know.  There was poison on the blade,” he gulped.  “But she’s strong.”

Baekhyun knelt down next to her and held her hand.  He gently kissed her forehead.  He pulled back; it was flaming hot. 

“I did everything I could,” Lay explained.

Baekhyun looked up.  “Thanks, Lay.”

Lay nodded and went to his room.

“You’re gonna be okay, Arwen,” he squeezed her hand.

All at once, her hand froze like ice, and her forehead perspired with small beads of water.  Her hair floated into the air.  She groaned with pain.

“Arwen,” she heard.  “Arwen.”

“Baek…” she moaned. 

A symbol appeared and glowed on her right hand.  Baekhyun looked down to see his light symbol glowing on his.  She writhed in pain.

“Arwen,” he whispered.

She panted heavily and gasped for air.  Her eyes opened.  They started changing colors, from an icy blue, to a dark, lush green.  “Baekhyun.”

“I’m here, Arwen.”

“Baekhyun.”

“Arwen.”

She growled through the pain and transformed into a furry black wolf with a white mark on its forehead.  She howled with pain.

“Arwen…”

“What’s going on?” Kris yelled, annoyed, as he barged into the room.  Wolf-Arwen growled at him, causing him to jump with alarm.  “Arwen?”

“It’s her first transformation,” Baekhyun gaped with realization.  He remembered the first time he transformed.  The pain was unbearable.

Kris nodded.  “That makes sense.”

“Guys…” Arwen squinted her eyes.  “Am I…?”

“A wolf,” Baekhyun finished.  “A pretty one, too.”

He held a mirror to show her.  Her deep blue eyes widened at the sight of her reflection.  She was…a wolf.  A sleek, smooth, black wolf with deep sapphire eyes.  Her white mark on her forehead started glowing softly.

“Oh, I…” she transformed back and blinked.

“Wow,” Baekhyun breathed.

“Hm,” Kris hummed.

“What does this mean?” she searched their gazes.

Kris sighed.  "You're ready."

--

"You'll become more easily angered.  More vulnerable.  More powerful," Kris continued. 

"I don't understand," Arwen shivered.  "I'm a werewolf now?"

"Yeah," Baekhyun nodded.  "Just like us."

"It'll take extreme control," Kris added.  "But it's nothing you can't handle."

"Am I dangerous?" she asked.

"To some, yes," Kris nodded.

Her head spun with questions.  What caused her to change?  Would her powers be affected?  Was she dying?  What would change?

"Don't worry, Arwen," Baekhyun pat her shoulder.  "We'll help you out."

She turned and smiled at him.  "Thanks, Baekkie."

 

 

************

Thank you all so much for your support!  Please pray for Korea as they go through this troubling situation...thank you again!