Living Nightmare

Dark Side of the Moon

Arwen looked around.  A clear mist floated in the air.  The trees and bushes were dripping with sweet dew.  The entire forest was quiet.

Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped around her delicate neck.  She tried to cry for help, but the hands only squeezed harder.  She fought the figure, kicking and scratching at its hands.  Regaining her cool, she elbowed the figure in the ribs.  It groaned in pain.  She whirled around and punched it straight across the face.

"Arwen!" a voice called out.  Baekhyun came running down the path.  "Arwen!"

"Baekhyun!  No!" she cried. 

At that moment, a wolf jumped out and snapped at the boy's neck.  Baekhyun sank down to the ground and moaned with pain as the wolf proceeded to sink it's fangs deeper into his perfect neck.

"No!" she screamed and sat up in her bed.

A groggy-looking Baekhyun showed up at her door.  "Is everything okay?"

"Baek," she cried as she jumped out of her bed and into his arms.  "I-I'm scared."

"Shh," he breathed as he ran his hand through her strawberry-smelling hair. 

"Y-you don't understand," she sobbed.  "I had nightmare.  About...you."

"Shh," he held her even tighter. 

"You died...right in front of me!" she cried.

"I'm planning on living for a long time, with a family and everything," he joked sweetly.

She pulled back and gazed into his soft brown eyes.  "I can't lose you, Baekhyun."

"I know," he smiled and brushed her hair out of her eyes.  He guided her back to her bed.  "Try to sleep, okay?"

He turned to leave when he felt a tug at his sleeve.  "Stay...please..." she pleaded.

"Okay," he smiled and lay next to her. 

She cuddled in his arms, breathing in his chocolatey scent.  Her eyes closed, and she dreamt of pleasant dreams with him.

--

"Hunnie!" Luhan squealed.  "Ah, you're so cute and cuddly.  Tee hee!"

Sehun grunted and threw his arm around his boy.  Luhan winced slightly.  "He hurt you bad, didn't he?"

"Uh, no!  I'm fine," Luhan smiled.  Sehun turned the boy's chin towards him and saw the poor boy's face covered with bruises and cuts.

"What happened to your flawless face?" Sehun's anger started to rise.  "I'll kill them."

Luhan shrugged.  "It's ok, Hunnie.  It's no big deal."

"Do you know how much you admire your face?" Sehun looked at him.  "If it bothers me, it's bound to bother you!"

Luhan sighed.  "Jae tackled me."

"That little piece of..." Sehun trailed off.  "I'm gonna kill him."

"Kill who?"  The boys turned around to see Jae himself lounging on the bench in his human form.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun growled.  Luhan yelped in fear and hid behind him.

"I wanted to see my pretty boy," Jae said simply, gesturing to Luhan.

"What?!" Luhan's eyes grew large.

"ert," Sehun grunted.  "Go away."

"Not without a fight," he smirked.  "I want my Han."

"I...I think I'm gonna puke," Luhan gagged. 

Sehun stepped forward, staring hard at the evil wolf-boy.  "You'll get that, and more."

The tall boy took another step forward.  He snarled as he punched Jae's broken and bandaged nose.  He used his power of wind to put the evil wolf-boy in a massive whirlwind.  Jae spun in circles as the wind died down.  He growled menacingly and punched Sehun's face.  A small scratch bled, and blood trickled down to the boy's lips. 

"Sehun, stop," Luhan pleaded, but his boy wouldn't listen.  "Please!"

--

Arwen woke up to the sound of grunting and screaming.  At first, she thought she was imagining things, until she finally decided to look out the window.  Out on the field, she saw Sehun fighting a figure.  Jae.

She immediately focused her mind and teleported.  Her eyes opened to see Luhan screaming his head off and the two boys fighting a bloody fight. 

"Okay, time out," she held her hands up in an "X" shape.  "First of all, you woke me up.  Second of all, this is going to cost me breakfast.  And third of all, I hate it when people come when they're uninvited; it's just plain rude."

She looked at Jae.  "You basically committed all of the above, so if you don't want to get yourself killed, I suggest you take your sorry out of my sight."

Jae chuckled.  "Someone's feisty."

She smirked.  "You bet."  She transformed into her wolf form and pounced on his exposed shoulders, ripping them open with her claws.  He cried out in shock as he pried her off.  He threw her into a tree and changed into his frightening wolf self. 

"You think you can stop me, child," he growled. 

"What if I can?" she shot back.

"I wouldn't be surprised," he said as he jumped into her side.

"Arwen!" Luhan and Sehun cried. 

She reared up against the bigger wolf and shone a bright, blinding light in his face.  He yelped and fell to the ground, rubbing his eyes.  Before he could regain his sight, she surrounded him with a ring of flame.  He started to breathe heavily through the thick smog.  Soon enough, he collapsed on the ground in his human form.  She transformed and made the fire disappear. 

"Is he dead?" Luhan poked out from behind Sehun.

"I don't know," she said as she poked his side with her shoe.  She knelt down to hear his heartbeat when his hand shot out and grasped her neck.  She gasped and struggled.  "Argh!"

"Arwen!" Luhan yelled.

--

Baekhyun walked cheerfully down the path.  He breathed in the sweet morning air, but something wasn't right.  He tasted it more, and the flavor of smoke became stronger and more apparent.  He turned the corner to see part of the field burnt.  Luhan and Sehun could be seen panicking, while Arwen was kneeling next to someone.  Confused and curious, he ran up to check it out.

"Baekhyun!" Luhan ran up to him.  "Thank goodness you're here!"

"Huh?" he cocked his head.

"Don't you see he's killing her?!" Sehun hollered. 

Baekhyun, with fear in his eyes, looked over at Arwen.  She was gasping desperately for air while the boy under her choked her.  "Jae," he thought.

Without thinking, Baekhyun ran over and kicked Jae's ribs.  The boy wheezed and loosened his grip on her neck.  Arwen rolled away holding her neck. 

"Jae," Baekhyun’s voice rumbled angrily.

"Oh, hey, Baekhyun," the boy smiled. 

"Go," he warned.  "Or I'll have to kill you myself."

"Tsk tsk," Jae clucked before disappearing.

Baekhyun sighed.  His head snapped up, remembering Arwen's condition.  "Arwen!"

The poor girl lay sprawled on the lawn.  He hurriedly ran to her and propped her head up on his lap.  She opened her eyes slowly and smiled weakly.  He sighed with relief.

"Thank you," she rasped.

A tear slipped down his cheek.  He leaned down and gently pressed his lips onto hers.  Her heart flew.  Each second was slowing down.  Almost as if time stopped.