1

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Slowly, you went out of your house and walked to the park nearby. You sat on the only wooden bench with a few fading marks. What a strange view, it’s fading.. The person who carved it, is most likely about to die. The next minute, you walked to the park nearby, and sat down on the bench that was as clean as if it just got made. No scars, no carves, just clean.

You thought for a couple seconds, maybe people who did carve on it, died? You had no idea, since the only thing you get to remember for the rest of your life is that when someone dies, everything they did, do, and shared, will be gone. Carefully, you took out your unique pocket watch and saw what it said, “63 years, 7 weeks, 2 days, 58 minutes, and 4 seconds left.” Everyone’s watch is one of a kind, none will be the same. Yours had a gold and silver lining on the border of the watch. It had metallic lace on one side, and the other is just clear.

“Baek..,” you said when he picked up the phone call from you.

“Hey baby doll.” Baekhyun’s husky voice was heard.

“Are you doing anything today?”

“No.. I don’t think so, why?”

A smile crept to your face when you heard his reply, “Do you want to go somewhere later?”

“Sure, babe. Text me where, okay? I’m going back to sleep right now,” you chuckled at the last part. You agreed before ending the call with a grin.

It was a 5 minutes after 9 am. Here’s the time again.. Rush hour, where everyone goes to work. People wearing suits and formal blouses rushed pass you as you let out a sigh. You didn’t have work, as you’re just a high school student with loads of money, from who knows where. You don’t have a mom, well at least you think you don’t. You and your father know absolutely nothing about your mom, none of you even know if you ever even had one.

No one remembers, not like they should remember, not like they can remember. It was always as if the person never existed. You saw a girl walking pass in a hurry, “I’m so dead, I’m so dead. I’m laaate.” She didn’t say it out loud, but you could listen to her thoughts. Only several people in this world are gifted with powers, and you were one of them. And your power, is one of the most dangerous. You had the power to read and control people’s mind, meaning you can also manipulate them.

Your boyfriend, Baekhyun, he on the other hand, has the power of light. He shines the light to wherever he wants, but he can’t control it well.

It was about 30 minutes after nine by now, you looked straight and saw the familiar ice cream shop. Crossing the street, you headed toward the stall. “Morning Ahjumma!”

“Ah, Hello! What would you want today?” The elder gave you a bright smile, making her wrinkles visible.

“Can I get a French vanilla with strawberry drizzle today?” you politely asked, while she nodded and continued making your order.

“Thank you! How much is it?” You took out some coins in your pocket, ready to pay.

“It’s alright, you come here all the time. All this old lady need is someone smiling from the ice cream she makes, and you’re it.” A cheeky grin grew upon your face when you heard her say that.

“No, no. It’s alright, I’m glad I can help you, but I would really want to pay it.”

“I insist, you should always accept what people can give you. Especially if you come here every day, this is just one day not paying. It’s not that bad.”

“Oh god, now you made me feel even more guilty. ‘This is just one day not paying,’ not paying.. That’s just a weird term,” you pouted.

“Alright, alright kiddo. It’s just my gift for you, for being here with me every day.” You felt your heart warm up from her words.

“I can be here for you every day for the rest of our lives, okay?” You gave her a reassuring smile.

The ahjumma shook her head and let out a soft chuckle before you continued walking out the streets of Seoul. Taking out her flawed beige pocket watch, she looked at her time left.

“2 days and a couple minutes left..” A sad look fell upon her face.

 

THIRD PERSON POV

It was ten in the morning when she texted Baek. In a flash, she the melting ice cream before it could drop to the floor.

It was almost Luhan’s birthday, a friend who’s the couple’s close friend. Knowing that girly boy, he would want something expensive and classy. So she decided it was the best to go to the Gangnam mall with Baekhyun.

Walking up to his mansion’s gate, she pressed the button. It beeped, and the speaker was on, “Hey, baek. Open up.” Speaking to the device was weird, but it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter