final

Then what? What’s your reason?

“Hyung! Wake up!” Taehyung felt his body shaken up by someone. He let out a small whimper and shakes the other hands off of his body. “Hyuuuung come on, we’re gonna be late.”

Shake! Shake! “Go away! I don’t have class today.” He murmured eyes still closed.

“Hyuuuung! It’s my graduation today, remember? Come on, wake up hyung!”

Ah, graduation. Of course he remembered that but he didn’t wake up just to hear the younger boy cute whining. “Hyuuuuung, wake up!”

He kept closing his eyes and pretended not hearing the latter boy attempts to wake him up.

“Hyuuuung~” ugh now Taehyung regret not waking up at the younger previous attempts because right now he’s trying so hard to suppress the shivers that crawls up his neck. The reason is none other than the whisper that just been sent by the younger boy close to his ear.

Close enough to make Taehyung feels the latter boy breath ghosting over his neck and sends shivers down his spine. “Hyuuuung wake upppp~”

That makes it. Another whisper attacked his ear. He grabs the latter hand that was resting on his shoulder and pull the younger boy so now they both lying on the bed. The younger boy’s face pressed up on his chest as Taehyung made him a human pillow as hugged him tight.

“Ugh hyung, what are you doing?” Taehyung could feel the younger questioning gaze on his face but he could be careless. Because he secretly likes the feeling when the younger pressed up to his body even his erratic heartbeat couldn’t stop his action.

“Let’s sleep a little more Jungkook-ah.” He managed to murmur between his erratic heartbeat and the younger boy’s breathe that kept fanning over his face. He could feel Jungkook wriggle his body a little before given up and then silence filled the room.

That was before Jimin came barging into their room. “Hey, are you two ready? Yoongi hyung had been waiting in the ca... OH MY GOD! YOU TWO GET OFF OF EACH OTHER NOW!” Jimin practically screamed off his head as Jungkook freed himself from Taehyung and accidentally pushed Taehyung off his bed.

As Taehyung opened his eyes he was welcomed by an irritated Jimin and a very red and adorable Jungkook. He greeted them with his infamous grin before got up and lazily dragged himself to the bathroom.

***

He always knew that Jungkook was famous in his school. How could he not? He got the face, an astonishingly angelic voice and a remarkable record in his study. But he never thought the fame that Jungkook possessed had came to the extend that he was feeling his hand almost falling off his body because of his sudden job to be the photographer to Jungkook’s numerous fans slash his friend.

The fact that Jungkook just got himself a special achievement award from his school for his outstanding performance both his study and his participation in student council made Taehyung wondered why the latter boy refuse to take every single scholarship that was offered to him and declared he didn’t want to go to college.

The thought kept running on his mind as Jungkook and him walking to the parking lot. Yoongi hyung and Jimin that previously came along had disapeared the moment Jungkook was crowded by his friend.

Suddenly he felt Jungkook nudged his arm, he turned around and found a concerned looking Jungkook staring at him. “What?” he asked.

“I said what’s wrong hyung? You looked troubled.”

“Nah. I was just wondering why you didn’t want to go to college.” As he voiced out his thought he found Jungkook stopped in his track. Guilt painted clearly on his face.

Taehyung gave him a questioning look and the latter boy just shifted his gaze to the ground as if there was a hundred dollars lying helplessly there.

“Ugh, about that... hyung, I...I...”

“Ya Jeon Jungkook!” Jungkook words was cut off by an exicited tall boy who was running to their direction. “Don’t think about running away before you take a photo with me.”

Jungkook laugh at his friend, Yugyeom remarks. “I didn’t run away, you just so busy taking photograph with girls that I got tired waiting for my turn.” Jungkook replied.

As the two boys laugh Taehyung watch their interaction with irritated expression and then Jungkook’s friend turn his face and finally realize Taehyung existence.

“Oh, hello Taehyung hyung.” He grinned and Taehyung had to force himself to smile at the younger boy. “Remember me right? I’m Yugyeom. We once met at the amusement park.”

“Of course.” He mumbled, how could he not remember that boy? He’s the one that often stole Jungkook on the weekend when the younger suppossed to be spending the whole day with him.

“Would you mind to take the photograph for me?” that boy didn’t wait for Taehyung answers, he just handed his camera to Taehyung and huriedly stand beside Jungkook. “It’s just a shame if I didn’t take the last photograph with soon to be America’s college student.” Yugyeom added before making a pose and smiled cheekily.

Taehyung breath hitched as he saw a guilty expression across Jungkook’s face even that adorable cheeky smile couldn’t hide it. He felt his hand tremble as he take the photo of the two boys before hurriedly giving Yugyeom his camera back, turned around and walked away from the two boys as fast as he could. Ignoring Jungkook that screamed his name begging him to stop and listen for his explanation.

He just kept walking with the hurt and anger bubbling inside his chest.

When he got home he was welcomed by a confused Namjoon who asked him why he came home alone. He was just mumbling about an upset stomach before he stopped in his track and turn around to face Namjoon.

“Hyung, are you gonna drive Jungkook to the airport later?”

“Nope, Jin hyung said he’s gonna drive us to the airport. Why?” The fact that even Namjoon hyung knew about Jungkook plan on going abroad made the realization hit him hard on the face.

Taehyung was the last to know.

***

Taehyung had never mad at Jungkook for a long time. His longest record was thirty minute, it was when Jungkook accidentally pushed Taehyung too hard on the swing and managed get Taehyung’s right arm broken he couldn’t write for a month.

But now, Taehyung felt ridiculous because a broken arm couldn’t compared to the hurt he felt on his chest when he found out that he was the last to know about Jungkook plan on studying abroad. He didn’t know why he felt so betrayed even he thought he was being childish, ignoring all his hyung plea for him to come out his room and let Jungkook explained his reason.

But maybe, maybe because Taehyung would always tell Jungkook first about everything. Maybe because he would always put Jungkook first upon anything. He always did. He knew Jungkook since forever they were practically grew up together. Not just them two, but all seven of them. Did he mention that they met each other in the orphanage? They were all born with less luck than other people and even Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon hyung didn’t get adopted until they grown up enough to the orphanage could legally get rid of them. It’s not until Jin hyung got himself a job to be a professional model thanks to his so called hansomeness and broad shoulder. He got his bank account blown up and managed to legally addopt three teenagers at once. And the seven of them reunited again.

Unlike Jimin who was closer to Yoongi hyung, Taehyung was closer to Jungkook, no he was the closest with Jungkook. Or he thought so. The recent case had succesfully proved his thought was wrong. Not just degraded to the least important hyung, he was also below that Yugyeom kid on the rank of importance.

What reason Jungkook had for hiding such a big matter from Taehyung other than that?

Did Jungkook afraid that Taehyung would cry and beg him to stay with him here? Hell, he’d be crazy if he’s gonna stop Jungkook from chasing his dream and happiness and forced him to rot together here.

Then it hit him hard like a thousand bricks.

That his universe was rotating around none other than Jeon Jungkook and here he was just some weird clingy hyung to the other boy.

***

It was nine in the evening and that meant he had been mad with Jungkook for eight hours when he heard a soft knock on the door followed by even softer trembling voice soon after.

It was Jeon Jungkook. The reason for his ridiculous heartache.

“Hyung...” silence, “It’s me. Would you please hear me out?” his voice is soft and the tremble that present made it even harder to be heard. But Taehyung heard him anyway.

“I understand if you didn’t want to see my face right now, but just hear me out, okay?”

Maybe because of the tremble on Jungkook’s kept getting clearer it was hard to hear what Jungkook saying were. Or maybe just because Taehyung wanna really, he mean really wanna see Jungkook’s face he got himself open the door for the youger.

And there he was, still wearing his uniform and a really red puffy eyes, standing before Taehyung made it hard to the elder to say the line he’d been excercising in his head for eight hours.

“If you’re gonna say that you are afraid I’m going to stop and beg you to stay and cling like some weird guy I am you should say it to my face.” seeing the shock expression on the younger made Taehyung’s stomach rolling like the inside of a washing machine.

“Oh my God hyung, I’ve never thought about you like that hyung.”

“Then what? What’s your reason?”

There was a silence for a while and then Jungkook looked straight to Taehyung’s eyes, “First, I always knew that you would always support me hyung, heck, you’ll probably let me run away with some random huge black guy if that means my happiness,” he chuckled “so, the nonesense you just said weren’t the reason. Actually the reason is you hyung.

Taehyung’s mind got a little bit rumpled but he was trying his best to regain his focus as Jungkook continued his speech.

“The truth is I didn’t have any difficulity to tell my intention to other people. It’s as easy as you dozed off in math class hyung. But when it comes to you that wasn’t the case. I was really sure that I didn’t want to throw away the opportunity to reach my dream, but hyung, when I realize I’ma be separated from you the doubt attack me like a spartan army. Because hyung you’re as important as my dream for me. I was so afraid to accept the reality I should take that I’ve been proscratinating to tell you until this time. I’m sorry because of how coward I am, I had hurt your feeling.”

Starring on those beautifull glossy eyes in front of him made him breathless and absentmindedly got his mind more tangled than rapunzel’s hair on her bad hair day. “No, you’re not a coward.” He manged to choked up between his foggy mind.

“And I won’t let you run away with some random huge black guy. Who do you think you are? Huckleberry Finn?”

A smile crept upon Jungkook’s face, “So you’re not mad at me anymore?”

Taehyung just smiled as the younger come rushing into his embrace murmuring sorry to his neck over and over again. That was before he felt some wetness on his collar bone that he realize that the younger was crying.

“Yah Jeon Jungkook, why are you crying?”

Jungkook chuckled upon his crying parade. “Oh my God, I don’t know why am I crying really? Oh my god I’m such an idiot.”

Taehyung just laugh as he pulled the younger back to his embrace. “Dummy, stop crying will you?”

Suddenly Jungkook freed himself from his embrace and glare at the older, tears still streaming down his face. “Come to think of it, it’s all your fault! I was so scared you’ll never talk to me again after eight hours I repeat eight hours you locked yourself in your room, no, our room since it’s my bedroom too, and you call me dummy when I’m crying out of relief!? Oh my God where is your responsibility hyung? You have to be responsible for my unstopable tears.”

Taehyung starred at the teary face in front of him and couldn’t stop the amused smile from spreading on his face, “So what do you want hyung to do Jungkook-ah?” he asked using some ambigous baby’s voice.

Jungkook hit his chest lightly before chuckled with his still teary face. “I don’t know. Make them stop maybe? Because I feel so stupid can’t control my own stupid tears.”

Taehyung didn’t know where the boldness of his came from, maybe because of the tears still running down Jungkook’s face made him look inhumanly adorable. Or it’s more because of his rapunzel’s bad hair day tangled mind. Whatever reason it was, it was the boldest thing he did to another human being in his entire life.

First, he was kissing Jungkook’s forehead made the latter sob stopped. And then he was kissing away the tears that ran down Jungkook’s left cheek to his chin, and he did the same thing to the younger’s right cheek but for this territory the tears didn’t end up on the younger’s chin, that stupid tears ended up on the corner of his lips so Taehyung kissed right exactly at the place where the stupid liquid had disappeared.

When he finished, there’s no more tears running down the younger’s face. The sob had died down a long time ago. That left only a trace of it which now Taehyung caressing it carefully with his thumb. He could hear Jungkook’s breath hitched as the contact made and saw as the younger’s eyes closed slowly. That was his sign.

He closed the gap between them by connecting their lips together. It was just a simple peck, like testing the water but that didn’t stop the exploding feeling on his chest. So he claimed the other lips once more. It wasn’t exactly like the first try, this time was more of that mind blowingly kisses that made his hand snake around the younger’s waist as the younger clutched at his chest for dear life before snaking his arm to Taehyung’s neck pulling them closer as the kiss deepen that Taehyung thought he must be died and now he’s in heaven.

“OH MY GOD! THIS MORNING THEY WERE JUST CUDDLING AND NOW THEY ARE EATING EACH OTHER’S FACE!” Jimin screamed his head off as the two younger brats infront of him ignore him, shamelessly continuing what they were doing.

“OH MY SERRIOUSLY! JIN HYUNG! YOONGI HYUNG! WE HAVE TO SEPPARATE THEIR ROOM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!”