Truth Revealed

A secret in My Heart

Doctor Choi continue to explain to Namsoon about the surgery , chances of surviving and other thing related to that . But outside , Ha Kyung and Kang Joo couldn't find themselves to focus on anything the doctor says , their face a horror expression . 

It was only after Doctor Choi left the ward , both of them snap out of their thought and bowed to the doctor , thanking him in the process . Turning around , they walked into the ward with a heavy heart . 

' Did you hear it ? Did you ? ' Namsoon was all excited because he finally has a donor .  

' Yeah , we heard it , congrats . ' Kang Joo fake a smile and tried to sound happy for her best friend . She nudged Ha Kyung in the side and gestured her to comply with her .

' Hmm ? Yeah , congratulation . ' Ha Kyung sound as happy as possible with her usual stoic face .

The three of them talk about what they will do after Namsoon receive the surgery and Namsoon can't wait to tell Heungsoo about the news and he always has that idiotic grin plastered on his face whenever he thinks about it .

' Can you two help me pas this news to Heungsoo ? ' Namsoon asked the two of them .

' Ah ? Ummm.......... ' Ha Kyung trailed off and turn to Kang Joo .

' Oh , um .... you see , Namsoon-ah , Heungsoo didn't attend school for the past few weeks so - ' 

' He didn't go to school ? Then where is he ? ' Namsoon is busy thinking about any possible reason for Heungsoo to go missing for weeks and didn't send any message or make call to him . In the end he gave up because he really can't think of anything for most of the time they are stuck together . 

Kang Joo and Ha Kyung had a little heart attack when they saw Namsoon was thinking so hard , they fear that he will figured it somehow . The two keep exchanging glances and small gestures but Namsoon was too occupied to even notice . 

Eventually , Kang Joo and Ha kyung took their leaves when the nurse came and says that the patient need to rest . 

XXXXXXXXXX

' Yah , is he stupid enough to do this ? ' Ha Kyung asks her best friend beside her .

' Who ? ......Ah , Heungsoo that bastard . I think he would go as far as sacrifice himself for his friend , you know , after all they had a stronger bond after their fight . '

Ha Kyung remains silent at the answer she received . She then whisper , very quiet , but audible . 

' What if , it isn't Heungsoo ? '

Kang Joo halt and look at her friend , they both share a thought and they turned around , heading to the doctor's office . They are going to question Doctor Choi and forced the answer out of his mouth if he is not going cooperate .

' I don't know who the donor is . ' was the short reply came from Doctor Choi . 

Ha Kyung and Kang Joo gave him a look , telling him that they didn't believe it , ' What do you mean ? '

Doctor Choi sigh and take off his glasses because he knew that he can't continue with his work with the presence of two stubborn girls in his office .

' Apparently , the donor requested that it will be kept from the patient , we only know about the condition of his heart and the suitability for the patient . And i swear I didn't lie to you . ' he add the latter when he saw Kang Joo face visibly darkens .

' C-Can't you cancel the surgery ? ' this take the doctor by suprise .

' Why would I do that if it can help a patient- '

' But you would sacrifice another live ! ' Ha Kyung cut in and she sound desperate .

Doctor Choi paused and thinked for a while before he says , ' Most patient in our hospital receive organs from those who are dead or those who volunteered , and .......................I personally thinks that someone volunteered for Namsoon-sshi ? ' 

Kang Joo run a hand in her hair and Ha Kyung let out a sigh answered to the his question . 

' I better tell Namsoon about this . ' 

' I advised you not to . His heart is weak and cannot withstand any shock , these days , his heart has improved a little because of the good news and if you tell him , I cannot guarantee what will happen . '

Hearing this , Ha Kyung drop down to the floor , she was torn between both sides . Once , she couldn't care less about her classmates , but time passes and she grew attached to them . And now , it was hard to decide who will survive .  

' W-W-What should I do ? What can I do ? ' she ask no one in particular and Kang Joo could only give him a hug while Doctor Choi watch from his seat with a sad heart .

XXXXXXXXXX

After that day , Kang Joo and Ha Kyung told Namsoon that a test is coming so they need to get prepared , meaning that they couldn't visit him these days . Although Namsoon is feeling a little bit down because there is no someone to talk to , but the thought of him getting better and be with Heungsoo couldn't make him more happier .

Days has pass and it was the day before the surgery . Kang Joo has made a call and talk to him for a whole hour before she ended the call , and well Ha Kyung was being Ha Kyung , just send a message saying good luck to him . To be honest , Ha Kyung is afraid that she might break down if she called Nam Soon , and she really didn't have anything to say to him other then a good luck . Namsoon put away his phone as he stare outside to the moon . 

Why aren't you answering me ? 

Are you avoiding me ? Did I do something wrong ? 

I got a donor , and tomorrow is the surgery , but there isn't you to share my happiness with .

Where are you ? 

XXXXXXXXXX

The surgery went on smoothly , the heart fitted Namsoon's body perfectly , it just that he will need some rest for the body to adjust completely to its new heart . 

' Hey , how ya doing ? ' 

Namsoon turn his head to find Ha Kyung and Kang Joo walked into his ward with a basket of fruits . He was happy to see them after so long time and he starts to feel bored in this hospital . 

They talk about something until both of them decide to spill the truth to him , 

' Umm..... Namsoon-ah , we have to you something , but you have to promise me to stay calm . ' Kang Joo grab his hands in hers , and he knew this is something serious .

' You knew we couldn't find Heungsoo right ? Last night , we got a call from Heungsoo's noona saying that he won't be back , and we feared that , that ...... '

Even with a low IQ level , Namsoon still could piece all the information together . He didn't believe it was true until he saw Ha Kyung fighting so hard to bit back a tear . He couldn't believe it , refuse the fact that Heungsoo has gone , refuse to accept that he no longer can stay by his side . Namsoon felt something break inside him , shatter into a million pieces , he feels like a body without soul . 

I fought so hard to survive , only to be with you . But now i had survived , only to lost you . If i can rewind time , I rather die than carry the pain in my heart for the rest of my life . 

The truth was always ugly and heavy to bear , and Namsoon couldn't stand it and fainted . Everything he saw was a blur , he can faintly hear someone shouthing for the doctor , the scene is so familiar to him , because it was just like that time , but the person holding him isn't the one he care for the most , it's his best friend , Kang Joo .

Everything was happening so fast that both of them couldn't think of anything . Kang Joo immediately regret to tall Namsoon the truth , as he collasped in her arms . After a second or two , they finally came back to their senses and Ha Kyung shouts desperately for the doctor .

That night , there is no stars in the night sky , no hope to change anything .

XXXXXXXXXX   

Months later , Namsoon was discharged , he was healthy as ever , but he seems joyless , like the lights shone on him has been stolen by someone . His fellow classmates organised a gathering not only to celebrate his discharged , but they also attempt to help Namsoon to move on . They knew the news through Ha Kyung and Kang Joo when both of them came to school with red puffy eyes .

Although the gathering was meant for him , Namsoon thinks that his classmates enjoy it more than himself , as Byung Ki Duk was in hyper mode and jumping here and there , dragging anyone in sight to sing with him . Someone offered him soju , but he refused , he need to take care of this life that Heungsoo gave him , this heart .

Memories flashed through his brain and it feels suffocate to be in here , so Namsoon made up an excuse and slip away without anyone noticing .

Cold night breeze greets him as soon he open the door to the outside , he shiver slightly , but didn't bother to tighten the clothes around him to keep warm , for him , warm  no longer exist in his heart .

' Yah , pabo , you should be careful about your body . '

A familiar husky voice says and a pair of strong arms sneaked around his waist . He frozed , he recognised this voice , but it's ...... it's  impossible . The hands then reach to Namsoon's scarf and adjusted it until it fitted perfectly around his neck . 

' Yah , I thought only your heart has problem , why didn't you say anything ? ' the man sounded worry and he turned Namsoon to face him . 

' ...... ' Namsoon couldn't say anything aside staring at the man before him . 

' Are you okay ? Answer me ! ' the man starts to shake Namsoon back and forward . ' Don't you miss me ? ' 

The question brought tears to Namsoon's eyes , and he sobs and hits the man in the chest as he speaks , ' You , why did you leave me ? Why didn't you be at my side when I'm having a hard time ? Why did you disappear without informing me ? Why didn't you answer my calls ? Why ? Why ? I t-thought you  ........ I-I hate you ! ' 

' Yah , yah , seroiusly ? ' the man grab Namsoon's hands in his and continue , ' After I went through all the trouble to save you , not being able to see you , couldn't stay by your side , do you think I wanted it ? Don't you miss me ? ' the man asked again . 

Namsoon stare into the man eyes , and after a very long time , he finally says ,

' Of course I miss you , Heungsoo-ah . ' 


Author's note : Hi everyone !! I'm sorry for letting all of you to wait for such a long time , mianhe ~~  (^_^!!!) but i have kept my promise and update it by the end of May or early of June , so hope u guys could forgive my late update ..... Anyway I tried very hard to make it a happy ending but it seems to be a little rush at the end . Basically , it's Heungsoo went to find a suitable heart for Namsoon and he found it but he need to work for the hospital for some time as they are short in people . And he couldn't contact Namsoon because there is no connection since he is in countryside . 

And if you can spend some of your time to comment , I'll be grateful .