1 - 8th Avenue Serenade

8th Avenue Serenade
Please log in to read the full chapter

Word Count: 1,239

 

Kris was sitting in his economics class, though he had no intention to listen to words coming out of the instructor’s mouth. Most of his classmates were all fiercely taking notes, while as himself was drawing on his paper. ‘I’ll just copy from Jason after class.’ Is what he told himself?

 He stopped drawing at one point in the class and looked up to the board. What he didn’t expect were the words ‘Exams Tomorrow!’

Kris quickly crumbled his paper and threw it inside the bag, and took out a new sheet of paper. And like the rest of his class, he begun to take notes on whatever he said. Though during class, he noticed what he was taking notes on had nothing to do with the class! He hit his head on the desk hard, making a loud ‘thump!’

“Mr. Wu, do you have any problems?” the instructor stopped and asked Kris.

Kris grumbled and shook his head, “No…”

Once the instructor continued, he could hear a few people snicker at his actions.

Kris’ two hour class was finally over and that was the last of his day, the next stop was to go to the library to study for the economic exams.

-

At the library, he sat by the window because of the pretty view it showed of the deep lush forest. Though he tore his attention away from the view and turned to other direction and saw that the library wasn’t quiet as usual.

In fact, he saw multiple couples. What didn’t help was the fact that he could hear what they were saying to their partner.

“You’re prettier than her though!” One of the guys mentioned, as a blush bloomed on the girls face. Kris rolled his eyes at the comment.

Another one was just plain out cheesy and original, “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?” At those words, Kris cringed at their words.

“Rawr!” someone yelled from behind Kris.

Kris flinched and glared, but playfully at his one and only best friend Jason. “What the hell dude!” he mentally thanked him for coming now, he didn’t want to hear anymore flirting. It hurts his werewolf pride.

-

It was May 12th, after this day, and that day would be marked the worst day of his life.

Kris was walking back to his dorm when his phone rang loudly through the night air.

There is no place like home wh-

He picked up his phone, “Hello?”

“Kris honey, this is your mother!” he could hear the happiness that oozed out her voice.

“Obviously, but why did you call me? I thought you and dad were traveling to China?”

“Well, we are outside your university and we want ‘you’ to come along with us!” she chirped.

Kris eyes widened his eyes, and made his to front of the school quickly without being seen. Once at the entrance, he saw the familiar Mercedes-Benz. His phone was still on the line with her, but he pressed ‘end call’ and walked up to them.

“What are you guys doing here? You promised you’d leave me alone t

Please log in to read the full chapter