My Knight

Red Was the Name He Was Given
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) This is to satisfy you all before I update the real story. I hope it holds you over for now :D I promise Chapter 1 will be posted shortly!

Hae Won: 12 years old

Yong Guk: 15 years old

 

“Yong Guk!” My pants grew louder as my sight grew dizzy with every moment I chose to look below me. And with every small movement, it further spiked the fear within me.

Today was supposed to be the day. The day. I finally received permission to go outside after mong months of being stuck in the castle but to be expected, it didn't go exactly the way I planned. To be very honest, this was absolutely and entirely my fault but I didn’t want to play the blame game, all I wanted was to escape this very tree that I thought would be a great idea to climb minutes prior.

Now, I was about 20 feet in the air with no courage to get down.

“How did you get up there!” Yong Guk shouted from below. His feet shuffled back and forth while my heart hammered against my chest. It didn’t help that my hands were sweating and the grips I had on the branch was starting to loosen. “Princess, it’ll be okay!” Yong Guk tried to calm me but my mind was all over the place. It was too consumed with the thought that I was going to fall to even listen to Yong Guk’s words.

“Yong Guk!” Unlike Yong Guk who was trying to comfort me with kind words, I could only scream his name frantically. “Yong Guk, I’m scared!”

When I was standing at the bottom, the height didn’t seem so bad, so when Yong Guk’s back was turned, I went for it. I climbed the stupid tree. And it's a little too late to admit how bad of a mistake it was. 

“It’ll be okay! Trust me!” He yelled up.

I wanted to look down at him but I knew my fear would only grow if I did that. My fingers shook as the panic continued to spread throughout my body.

“Princess!”

I heard him and as I scrap together enough courage to look down, the wind blew and the branch I was sitting on shook beneath me. “Yong Guk.” I shut my eyes while his name left my lips in a whine. Just like how it was too late to admit it was a mistake on my own part, it was also too late to regret the decision.

“Princess!” Yong Guk tried again. “Look at me!”

“I can’t!” No amount of pleading would make my open my eyes. I knew I would only be more frightened upon being reminded by the height I was above the groung. My hands left the branch and moved to the trunk of the tree. Like my life depended on it, I hugged the tree as hard as I could.

“Look at me!” He yelled again and whimpers left my lips as my eyes slowly opened. I took a deep breath when he yelled again. “It’ll be okay! Just look at me!”

I my dry lips and leaned forward to look down. As soon as I got a quick blurry glimpse of Yong Guk, I immediately closed my eyes again and moved back to tightly hugging the tree. Without even paying attention, I started to cry. “Yong Guk, get me down.”

“I will!" Upon hearing my cries, he grew panicked. Yong Guk was normally cool-headed. He never made a big deal out of anything and he definitely never raised his voice, so this Yong Guk was something new. “Princess, you need to look at me!”

It took all my courage to lean over again to do as he said. As soon as he saw me, a grin spread across his lips and he placed his arms wide out. “Princess, do you trust me?”

Slightly nodding my head, I offered him no doubts.

“Okay, as soon as I shift, I want you to jump down.” He spoke slowly and calmly but just the thought of releasing my grip on the trunk made my heart skip a beat.

I shook my head at his instructions.

“I’ll catch you.”

I shook my head again.

“You said you trust me.” Yong Guk continued. “I promise I won’t let you fall. Just listen to my voice and don’t think about anything else.”

My hands clenched down until my knuckles turned white.

“I’ll count to three!” He yelled up. “And when I say three, I want you to close your eyes and jump!”

How was I supposed to do that?

“One!”

A small scream left my lips. “Wait a minute.” I needed to prepare myself but Yong Guk didn’t give me any time to.

“Two!”

I looked down again and his arms were still there but his body was slowly shifting. I could see the hair that started to grow, covering his limbs. His body grew in height and width as his athletic suit stretched to accommodate the growth.

“Three!”

Without thinking, I let go of the trunk that provided the only sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter