.04 [Luhan]

Drabble Dump [Chorong Edition] || [REQUESTS CLOSED]

"Love Song Requiem"

Starring 
Park Chorong
Lu Han 
Featuring :
Park Chanyeol
Words : 4,895
Genre : Angst, Drama, Slice of life, 
Rating : PG


He was a dashing debonair

She was of menial frailty 

He had wings that gets him across boundaries.

She was bound in chains that she never got a chance to take flight.

He is a man of power and manipulation

She was a girl who chose to get under one's wing.

He gets what he wants.

She doesn't.

Meet Luhan; The man who has it all and definitely takes it all.  He's been born with the "silver spoon" in his mouth for having parents who had high positions in the realm of professionals, it does have its benefits. Growing up, he was provided with excess of the "wants and needs" of a normal human being, he had no issues with poverty, hunger and other problems that people commonly deal with in a basis of living life daily. Heck he was beyond normal, gifted with knowledge that he's done so well in his academics, he's also the athletic fellow since he plays well at every sport, and how the heavens blessed him with good looks that women fantasized of  and sometimes men of the rare chances. He also has taken a liking towards music and dance that he's qualified enough to be a pop idol. To sum up the days of his life and the still yet to come, It was perfection on earth. 

But that's what everyone had thought. 

"Look, hyung I'm sorry this is something I wanted to tell you after those years." 

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not what I used to be, what we used to be. "

Luhan couldn't believe it, this man whom he trusted his entire life for once is now rejecting him and for the very first time, Never has he ever been rejected except for the case his parents. It was another thing to tell;  as he grew older he drifted apart from them, his most trusted person was actually his butler wherein Chanyeol comes in second place. Both his mother and father we engrossed with their work and as far as he remembers, every special occasion in his childhood had been gravely missed by them. They'd compromise it to leaving a video call or an expensive gift. Like when he graduated in High school, his parents gave him an AUDI A4. He was the most talked about student in the entire University, when they heard a freshman coming to class with his insanely expensive vehicle. 

And facing Chanyeol after 5 years plus getting the kind of rejection he had least expected, he didn't know where to run now. He felt like a lost stray dog. 

Butler Lee recently passed on and since Luhan was of age and is old enough to handle himself. His parents saw no need of hiring another butler and he was the heir to the company that his father had worked hard to establish. He was another one of those cliche rich bachelors in dramas, he underwent through the disciplinary methods of his parents, making him despise them more than ever. He contemplated so many times in his head if they actually were his parents. 

They rejected his dreams, his aspirations, his small acts of endearment. He didn't feel like being their son at all. The only way out that he knew was rebellion, and he started becoming one upon meeting his bestfriend Park Chanyeol. A Marketing major who was 2 years his junior, they clicked the moment they met. 

"Hyung, I know, the glory days, we were on top of our game, playing against those people, all the money we get.. but I've had enough of that life." by what Chanyeol meant was their past time during their college days. Unlike students who liked to party and get wasted, Luhan and Chanyeol found themselves a more worthwhile hobby, and it wasn't just any hobby. It involved money, connections, a good amount of luck and strategy; It was Gambling. Casinos, Private Clubs--if bars and clubs were the dwelling places for most people to dance, drink booze, hook up with strangers, they preferred to be in a VIP room where all elites, businessmen, gangsters,  men who huddle up, place their bets which equates to a large amount of money; millions and millions of them, and play poker until morning. Luhan and Chanyeol were always a target among these powerful people of influence, they knew who Luhan was for the most part; and driven by greed and pride it caused them to do pull a few dirty tricks on them. Even when if it was outside their small club room there were toward incidents that Chanyeol and his life were on the line. 

Luhan loved the thrill, he loved the highs and lows the dangers of this world that he's been isolated of, that's another thing Luhan wanted to question his parents. He was given everything yet he never learned struggle at anything, people would always have it done for him, even if he wished that it'd be done by himself. People tend to be over protective of him. That was one thing he ever realized after he was out of being home schooled . He wanted to prove that he never needed them in the first place.

"But we can start over again, I met a few people who can get us access on a Gentlemen's Club around Hongdae--" Luhan goes on to explain himself but he hears another heavy sigh from Chanyeol. It was starting to get on his nerves but he looked on with a quizzical expression, wondering what had the other been doing the past five years that he's changed so much. 

He looked really prim and proper to be exact. 

''Hyung. I don't want to involve myself from anything. "

" this Chanyeol! After five years of not seeing each other you started talking crap!"

"Will you please keep your voice down because my sister is sleeping in the next room--"

"Chanyeol-ah, Is everything alright?" a measly voice emerged from the door frame, making both freeze in their stances. 

It was a girl of small stature, and though she had the body of a woman, she possesses the face of a child, and hearing how she addressed Chanyeol informally must mean that she's possibly older, and holds a close relationship with him. Never ha​s he ever met a​ rela​tive of Cha​nyeol even when they were in college. He never spoke of his fa​mily up until now. Luhan was fazed how her eyes weren't focused on them, but she was looking over their direction. Her eyes looked dull and void, despite having the pretty face--yes he can't deny that he felt attraction by setting his eyes on those features. 

"Noona! you should be in bed! don't strain yourself!" Chanyeol uttered in concern and obvious distress, rushing towards her. 

So he was right. she was his sister. 

Luhan observed how Chanyeol took his sister's hand and looked down at her with such compassion. But she never returned the gaze, her head tilted to where she hears the sound of her brother's voice, and she still wasn't looking back at him. Her hand tries to reach for his face, and she had that relieved smile when she managed to get a hold of his cheek.

She was blind.

His chest felt suddenly felt heavy. 

"Do we have a visitor? I'm sure you weren't screaming that angrily just by yourself"she scoffed, her head piping up to sense someone else's presence. 

He on the other hand, lowered his head in embarrassment. How could a person, impaired of sight bring him to feel timidity? Never had this ever happened to him for the past 25 years of his life. 

"Noona, he's a good friend of mine back in College." then out of the blue, Chanyeol's mood shifted into an excited vibe when he gently guided her steps inside the living room. 

"Luhan-hyung, this is my older sister, Chorong. Noona, Meet Lu Han." He gestured his hands while doing introductions for them. Chorong immediately goes down for a bow, with Luhan awkwardly finding himself doing the same thing. 

"Thank you Luhan-sshi, for taking care of this giant brat back when he was studying, and I hope your argument a while ago won't stop you from doing the same thing 'til today." though she spoke in complete seriousness. He wasn't able to restrain his laugh. 

"Noona that hurt. I'm not a brat" the taller male scowled, making her chuckle lightly. Luhan was surprised that she looked completely different from what she was just a few seconds back. 

"I'm indeed more concerned that if you hear our voices raising later again, it won't stop you from getting your needed rest." Luhan smiled to hold back his grinning and surprisingly the female responds with a full laugh. 

"Oh quite funny Luhan-sshi--"

"Please, Luhan will be better since Chanyeol is a beloved friend then perhaps would it be okay too if we become friends too?" he was talking to her with a playful smirk on his face, with Chorong covering up slightly, her head tipping lower with a tint of red showing over her cheeks, she may not have seen how he looked at her but she can sense the wit and friendliness of this fellow through his way of speaking. Neither could she deny the fact he liked the sound of his voice nor his choice of words.

Chanyeol couldn't process what he was seeing, his sister talking back and even laughing with a man she just met. That easily? It was very surprising,  though skeptically and instinctively he held her sister's frame closer to him. "Hyung, don't you dare hit on my noona!"

"Yeol you're embarrassing me in front of your sister. Plus i don't have any intentions of doing so because it's going to be a handful having you as a brother-in-law." Luhan hits off in another joke, with Chorong laughing along, her small fit of giggling caught his brother off guard.

Chanyeol's mouth couldn't fall any more lower with the things he sees.

"Ya! you're definitely doting on my sister! hands-off!" was the impulse of an over protective brother. 
 

______________________________________________________________

 

And so, Park Chanyeol learns that his beloved hyung had ran away from his life. 

"Hyung what's gotten into you? You're already an adult and you've thought of running from your job?! A CEO?! Have you realized that so many people would want to switch places with you? " the usual big eyes were even wider at the revelation. He nearly toppled the glass on their coffee table. 

"Make that understudy." Luhan corrected, as he coolly took a sip on his drink.

"I know, but still.. Hyung you need to get back to your office. Your parents might have sent a platoon from the military to get you back." the younger one says slumping back on his seat, still in shock. His statements were overreacting but there's actually truth into it. That's just how manipulative Luhan's parents can be. 

"Nope, sorry I just can't. I've had enough of them making me their puppet. They can't make me marry someone just to make their stocks rise. Tell me Park Chanyeol, is that even right parenting?" there was a glint of anger and bitterness in his eyes, the younger one just couldn't sympathize, and sighed in defeat. 

"As K-drama as it sounds but hyung, you could have thought of something better. I've always known you're  good with finding ways, like having to convince people--like how exactly your parents try to run your life." he scoffed, but shortly got cut off when he recieved a glare from Luhan. 

"So what's going to happen to you, now that you're...homeless" Chanyeol cleared his throat, diverting the mood of their talk. 

"Since you bailed out on me, on plans of fleeing to China. I'm going to contact Yifan and make some arrangements on getting to Canada, which could take a few weeks " 

"Oh--How's Yifan hyung by the way? I haven't heard from him after you all graduated."

"Better than I thought. He got married last year " He sank back to his seat, with smile shown on his face. The memories of the wedding flashed through his head, causing the other one to smile as well and be intrigued of the things he missed out. 

"Hyung take me to Canada too! Take us with you!" Chanyeol suddenly starts pleading and grabbed him by the shoulders roughly rocking him back and forth.

"The heck-- Park Chanyeol I'm not in a vacation! Go get your own funds." he laughed, trying to pry his hands away.


______________________________________________________________
 

 

Park Chorong,  24, a freelance artist. She finished her college degree but she's never able to use her skills after the accident. Her life was never the same when she lost her eyesight. It was on that fateful day, that everything turned 360 degrees, that her precious baby brother had come back, that her fiancee had departed from this world so unexpectedly, that she  didn't knew what to do by the next days after all these occurrences. A fragment of her past came back to her, but then a part of her future shattered in exchange for it.

 

"Why do you have to come again? I told you I'll be fine." 

"Not if i can't help it." 

"Mimicking Mr. Darcy's lines on me. It doesn't suit you" she scoffed,

"But then your brother would make a fuss out of it, telling me that I'm not trustworthy enough to babysit an adult who sometimes has a brain of a toddler" More came of Luhan's teasing, and Chorong's fists were lightly pounding against his arm. 

It's been 3 weeks since Luhan is considered to be of common company to Chorong. He keenly observed how Chanyeol's routine goes. After his work at an office 2 blocks away, he comes to fetch his sister on a local craft shop. Chorong's work place. He could hardly believe his eyes after visiting her for the first time. Luhan was fully struck how this girl managed to work like a normal person despite the disability. Chanyeol calls it a way of her stubbornness after weeks when she was discharged from the hospital, she insisted of getting a job and not become a burden over the household.

Having heard more stories of Chorong, He sneakily watched her during working hours, coming to the shop and staying there for about 30 minutes just to see how she's living it out as a worker.  He was drawn to her in fascination, that she managed to keep a full smile to the customers despite the great tragedy he has heard. That even if her eyes looked dull and showed no life, the radiance of her smile tend to overshadow such flaws. 

She's a brave girl. 

"You know, I'm going to report to my brother how you've been stalking me the past few days back at the shop" The blind girl spoke up as they walked home, with her hand lightly attached to Luhan's arm and  with a white cane on another hand that she tapped progressively against the ground.

"W-what?"

His pupils dilated at her words, The man was taken aback that he stopped on his footsteps, staring and wondering how she's able to figure things out beyond her capabilities, and before a word escapes through his lips, she was already laughing and a teasing smirk came to her face.

"Oh so I was right then! It was you all this time!" 

"I wasn't saying anything just yet!" he defends. 

"Your stuttering isn't oblivious to me either so cut the chase, what were you doing on the shop everyday? Are you overdoing your babysitting duties?"

For once he thought she's going to tell him that she's pissed or shun him away, but it was never one of those options.

"I guess, I couldn't help to overdo it because Chanyeol's been texting nonstop that I should have some surveillance on you. It was a drag how he'd always call me at night for updates" there was actually some truth to his words, but hasn't really done some overboard nagging, just that he had to narrate to him of Chorong's daily events when he calls up.

"I shouldn't be surprised. He always texts me of the things I'm just about to tell him. I guess it's because you're telling things first right?"

"Sorry, for being such a spoiler..." Luhan awkwardly scratches his head. She chuckled at the sound of his apologetic voice, her eyes turning into small crescents making him give a second glance if his eyes ere playing tricks on him. It was a first that she showed such a bright face to him, if his heart had strings, it felt like they were tugged harmoniously.

It's been a while since people had been so genuine to him.

He's now even wondering how come her smiles were that much of a big deal for him.

"Luhan?" he was bought back to reality as she softly mentions his name. Internally relieved that she's being casual with how she talks with him.

"Yes?"

"Can you please do me a favor. I've been wanting to go somewhere."

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

Being at a cemetery was the last thing he ever thought of. 

"Sorry, If I made you drive all the way here." she said, as they walked over the cobblestone pathways. Luhan could just nod and hum in response, considering that their 45-minute drive was awfully quiet he didn't know what to say to her. He wouldn't want to talk about sensitive things that could lead into not so good things, he had a hint of her reasons for visiting a cemetery. But it was safer to keep his mouth shut. 

He was watchful of her movements and made sure she wouldn't trip. The sidewalks back in town were different from the pavements in the cemetery. It was made of smoothed rocks instead of flat concrete pavements. He walked while his hands were protectively over her shoulders. 

"It's fine Luhan, thank you." she said, smiling intrepidly. 

"The ground is kind of wet and slippery, I wouldn't want you on a puddle." He says, firmly holding her shoulders as they walked on, she didn't say a word after that and  tapped her cane instead. 

"I know this is kind of ignorant to say but how do we find Woohyun's resting place?" he quickly, bit on his lips inwardly and his doe-eyes widening. He was not supposed to mention that name. 

"I--"


Nam Woohyun was Chorong's deceased lover. The man she was supposed to marry. 


"Chanyeol must have told you a lot of things already." she says without a hint of emotion. 

His adam's apple bobbed up and down the
 mini panic in him is subsiding, yet he wasn't sure if  she's actually mad or cared less of it but he has some explaining to do after this. 

"Woohyun's resting place is about 10 steps to the right, 20 steps before another right turn from the entrance and daffodils bloom near his grave. We should be near, I can faintly smell the flowers..." she continued, her nose trying to pick up the scent as her head turned. As they walked further, he too could smell the scent of fresh daffodils while the wind faintly blew. Until it was revealed in sight of the exact description she had said. He really can't believe how she's able to do it. 

She too knew that they were near, and slowly as they stepped into the grassy soil, her hand held onto one of his over her shoulder. Her hands felt cold, he knew what she felt on the inside, of how her hand lightly trembled over his hand. Chorong's head was held up high, her gaze straight ahead, eyes glistening with tears threatening to fall. |

It was expected to happen. Luhan slid his hand on top hers instead giving it a squeeze. 

"You wouldn't want to keep Woohyun waiting, come on." Luhan says reassuringly, smiling to himself while motioning Chorong nearer to Woohyun's grave. 

He saw what was carved across the granite. 

In Loving Memory of Nam Woohyun
1991-2014

"Woohyun. I missed you. I'm sorry..." she tossed her cane aside as she fell on her knees.

It's emotional torture for him to see her appearing so broken and frail. Luhan crouched down and soothed her back while she broke down in uncontrollable sobs. 

She continued talking, though her words gargled and her voice kept cracking. He vaguely understood the conversation she's having with the deceased lover, but he knew the longing she had. To see him again, even if he was 6 feet under, even if she could no longer see. Knowing that his remains were at present is as almost as close to hugging or feeling him, at least that's how he comprehends Chorong at the current moment. 

It didn't take long when her sobs faded, tears slowly drying over her cheeks. Luhan took the initiative to wipe them off with his handkerchief. He's down with one knee beside her, an arm placed over her shoulder and a hand wiping her tears away. 

"You've been strong, It's alright...It's going to be alright." he cooed. 

"Yes, thank you.. For bringing me here." she lets out a shaky breath, collapsing over his hold. 

They stayed over Woohyun's grave for as long as how Chorong wanted. Luhan never complained. However, he's never the patient guy who waits for events to unfold in slow motion. Living in a fast-paced world, he was accustomed to see everyone around him moving from one location to another in a quick manner. His meetings would be from a conference room, another department boardroom from the company building. He was after all a busy businessman when his parents made him shoulder all the burden. That's what he's been trying to avoid all the time, he deserted his business phone over the compartment of his car, thinking of it makes him wonder how many missed calls and texts is has right now.

He was certain that his Father would kill him for his sudden disappearance, or perhaps the entire board of directors be disappointed and annoyed of him for being reckless. Their shares would go down, stocks, everything involved in the market and its downfall would be all blamed onto him because he managed so poorly. He hardly cared about it the moment he ran into Chanyeol. 

As he came to realize and remember such matters, Chorong starts telling  her history. 

"You know, when I lost my sight and heard that Woohyun was dead. I never cried, and told myself  'Why should i cry? My eyes are already useless and would be more useless if i shed tears.' " a stray tear slid down her cheek, she quickly wipes it with the back of her hand. "So even after his funeral, I never did cry. It was Ironic how I suddenly noticed Chanyeol's existence even when he came back to me when he found out about the car accident. He almost did everyhing on my behalf, he wept, laughed, Even helped me get a job when he was against it at first." her shoulders heaving at the flashbacks.

"I don't exactly knew what happened to Chanyeol after he left the house when he was still in his 3rd year  and a year from graduation. But after reuniting with him, He introduces me to a few people. He says, that they were good people. Turns out they were his Church mates, I never knew he'd be  so committed to God after all that happened in our family. Which was another long story to tell.." she scoffed.

"I grew close to them like what Yeol had said. But it wasn't them that compelled me to change. It was actually God. I 'm not trying to sound religious right here but He really...permits such things like these to let the people see and learn what Love really is. A  pastor told me how things work not in our own understanding. That we may have 90 percent control over our lives but the remaining 10 that contains inevitable things...It drastically changes everything. like when my brother came back just in the nick of time, How God was using someone else to be my hands and feet, when I can't use my own." she was blankly staring though she leveled her palms up to her eyes. 

"When I could still see, I was so blind of what real love is. And when I lost my sight, I can now clearly see what the true meaning is. Somehow, if Woohyun and I did manage to elope-- yes we planned on eloping because seriously our parents were tyrants with our relationship because Woohyun was supposed to marry off another woman. I think I wouldn't be able to appreciate my life right now. Really. I did love Woohyun with all my heart, and so much that it hurts me to let him go. He's been gone for too long. I shouldn't be caged from the past, and let it define me of who I am today. If it still marks me, then I'll be really scared of the future." she found herself stained with tears again. Luhan scooted closer to offer a side hug. His arm gently circled over her shoulders, with a consoling look as the girl leaned her head.

"Yeol could be my hands and feet but he never saw the things I've been wanting to see and do. He never saw what I saw after I tried searching for myself in Woohyun, in other things. I guess he's never meant to understand everything." she laughs bitterly.

"You just pulled the right words from my mouth." He tried to sound playful when he spoke, in hopes to lighten her mood. Chorong's lips curved into a faint smile, to his success. Luhan knew she's trying to remove herself from the past. It compelled him somewhere that he should do something that isn't for himself.

"I'll be very frank with you Chorong, you're actually too reliant on Yeol more than I expected. Say. can you do me a favor? " 

"Just who do you think you are to come at my son's grave?" came a sudden voice of a woman, Chorong stiffened at the sound. 

Luhan's head piped up to where it came from and at a small distance, stood a middle aged couple. The woman had she gaze sharply pointed upon the frail girl in his arms. While the old man had a cold stare boring through them both, he felt uneasy and somewhat intimidated to which he picked himself and Chorong up. 

It wasn't going to take another second before another word lashed from their sharp tongues. 

"So you bought yourself a man just to show how you poorly treated my son, such guts you have to appear here." her words were ragged from aging, but there's a venomous vibe as it was said.

"It's not what you think it is. Luhan is a friend who just--" Chorong's shaky reply got cut off with a haughty laugh coming from the older woman.

"It always starts with people being friends, unless you have some tircks under your sleeve to seduce this man--"

"Excuse me ma'am but you're perceiving things wrongly here." and he just couldn't keep his mouth shut and tolerate the verbal abuse she inflicts.

"Young man, I believe you'd rather not dare to intrude personal feuds here." The old man speaks up in defense for his wife. He stepped forth with his droopy eyes scanning up and down on him, with his pupils stopping short to meet Luhan's gaze. 


"And you're that heir who's gone missing as it was heard from the news. I didn't actually expect for this sudden encounter. with a wench dangling over your arms "

Chorong was never affected by their ways of degradation, but she worries of getting Luhan involved. 

"Luhan, Don't let their words get to you. We should leave right away." there was fear on her words, with her hands trembling she tugged on the sleeve of his shirt.

"And If you speak of me not daring to probe on personal feuds, isn't it just foul play to defile someone because of personal feuds? Sir?" was Luhan's questioning retort, putting Chorong behind him protectively his eyes darting in caution at the sudden appearance of 3 men in black suits. 

His jaw tightened as he constricted himself of doing something unlawful. These people are hell-sent agents from his world. If it wasn't for the frail girl behind him, he would've done some major kicking- moment.

"Don't you test me. Or your parents shall hear from it, and don't you dare take that murderer with you" the elderly couple had menacing looks on their faces.

Quickly, Luhan picked the cane from the ground, and intertwined his arm over Chorong's  as well as he laced his fingers securely over hers. She squeezes their hands in confirmation that she knows of what they ought to do next. Luhan motions them took take a few steps back, giving a glare to the three henchmen who robotically stood over their stations waiting for that go signal from their master.

"Never let go okay?"

"I promise. Just trust me" 

 

.....To Be Continued

 


[Author Notes ]HAH. This was sooo not part of my plan, Oh so do you guise want a part two or give this a good cliffhanger? I fell in love with the song. I think I'm going to cry buckets when I plot something chohan to it. But anyway, I haven't updated since I broke my keyboard  oh these small tragedies, affects a lot of things. Delays a lot. 

Thank you so much for the comments and views, I don't care if you're a silent reader or not but at least you took the time to read this, its always fun to share a story or two

> u < toodles~!