.02 [Suho]

Drabble Dump [Chorong Edition] || [REQUESTS CLOSED]

"Fairy Tale Love" - Apink
Starring  
Park Chorong 
Kim Junmyeon
Word Count : 1846
Genre : Romance, Slight Angst, Slice of life
Rating : PG 13+


"From the beautiful fairy tales from my childhood
The love that I learned for the first time was all about the fluttering feelings

I thought that kind of love would come to me too...."

 

I've always dreamed of a fair prince coming to my rescue, like the ones i have heard from my mother when she used to lull me to sleep. She'd tell me those stories through her singing. I was the girl who always gets excited everytime my mother invites me to climb over the bed and have my glass of milk. Because I always anticipate the story of the princesses she knew about. They were from different kingdoms, but in the end their prince would always come to take them away, to spend their eternity and their happily ever after in a land where pain, hurt and suffering had no place.

As I grew up, I was still that kind of girl who believed in true love that comes in a form of a man with a breathtaking smile and dazzling eyes that when he arrives, his presence so noticeable that he sparkles all over the place, in similarity to Cinderella, Snow White and the Little Mermaid. It was love at first sight the moment they meet the gazes of  their fair princes.

It didn't take long before I met my prince. 

"I know this is all a bit sudden, Chorong-sshi, I liked you since the day I met you, I...can't believe you bewitched me into something like this. I think I've gone mad because I realized I just don't like you....Park Chorong I love you."

Kim Junmyeon, just had me in awe. I couldn't suppress the smile and the redness of my cheeks, how my heart fluttered and got butterflies over my stomach. Are these sensations even real? 

It didn't take long when we finally made it official, we started dating and I presumed my life was perfect in every day that I wake up knowing that he was my prince, my knight and shining armor who never stopped telling me how much I am loved, adored and valued. The way we'd hold hands in public as he takes me somewhere we could just spend on enjoying each other's company, play around, get bored or even be romantic but in private places.

It got even better when we gained the approval of many people around us; My friends liked him, and he liked my friends too, which led a bigger social circle and things got merrier, some of them shared the same fate of taking the path of dating too, but what could be more happier than knowing our parents and families had given us a thumbs up on our relationship? He was in good terms with my mother and father, as I was with his own, our set of siblings have gotten along really well too.

The thing that makes me love my life story even more is the same flattering commentary that came from our loved ones and to some strangers Junmyeon and I come along with  : "You two are really made for each other."

Kim Junmyeon is a perfect prince.


- 

"(Need you,) I really didn’t know back then
(Need you,)I thought we’d last forever...."

 

But then, It came to me that this world isn't perfect. There was always reality that kept reminding me that life isn't all about happy and fun things, times of trial, confusion and pain will always be around the corner. This happens because humans aren't perfect beings, they may control everything that they can grasp on but there's always that inevitable error coming in and sometimes, it can ruin a whole person. Mind, body, soul, spirit and heartIn times I had been doubting what was happening between us, thinking I had done something at fault and he gets angry because he tells me to stop over analyzing things.

"Rong. Honey, don't cry, I will never hurt you remember that. I will always protect you no matter what the cost...Don't think of such things" his soft whispers soothed me, his lips shortly meeting the back of my hand, before it caught my own lips. It was until then, I drowned in his warm embrace and a wave of relief washing over me. My anxieties stopped whispering that moment.

Though Junmyeon always vowed to me that he will never break my heart. A part of me always feared that one day he will break his promise. He is human too right?

But in a matter of months, That fateful day had come. It was when my world stopped spinning, and time halted its hand. I was never ready for it.


I envision our love as a vast meadow where Junmyeon and I ran happily, tumbled down together on the slope, or just lie on our backs watching the calm blue sky. suddenly turned into a dried up wasteland. This place hasn't just become wretched and dark, It became a battlefield upon seeing an intruder coming into our paradise. 

 

"I didn’t know how precious you were and only complained every day
Now I finally know that the pain is greater than that love
Our story has ended like that, becoming a sad memory, my love.."

 

Lies. Infidelity. Pride. 

those were the three things that tore us down. 

"I am so sick of this relationship! You never had any time for me when that woman came into your life! I trusted you Kim Junmyeon! How dare you play with my heart!" I was so full of it that can't control myself, my hand struck against his cheek, and I never bothered to wipe the tears that fell down my face. I can hardly breathe after that. He deserved it.

And i was engulfed with fear once  again when, his eyes pierced my soul. He wasn't that prince In my dreams anymore. He has become a monster. 

"You pathetic, cheap woman. How can you be so dim-witted and childish! Look, It was all physical! Whatever happened between us was only physical. Now you just made me lose my career and I have to freaking start all over again from dust."

"I know your modelling is that important, and I know how many girls had tried to get into your pants and I friggin' know HOW MANY TIMES YOU CHEATED ON YOUR VOW TO ME!" I could feel my throat drying up at every word scream out, just as it hurted much when his hands clamped on my arms like that i felt his nails digging on my skin. 

"Chorong! I am so tired of doing everything for you! You always wanted things done in your way, you never even listened to me! I'm so fed up with your endless whining every time I come to this place that I can't even call my home anymore. Stop dreaming in your own princess land because you're not a princess! you are just a girl who's trying to get all the benefit she has from people,a selfish litte--"

"Enough!" 

It was time we part ways. 

 

"This isn’t the love I used to know
I thought it was like what I dreamed of, in the fairytales

I guess I was too young to know love back then."


 

"You're now a complete stranger in my eyes, Where did my Park Chorong go? That girl who has been so down to earth, that girl who always smiled and knew how to encourage people with her positive attitude, the girl who never cared less about people who tried to bring her down. that Park Chorong that I loved?"

those were his last words, before he stepped out of the doorstep carrying all his belongings, never leaving a trace of what once became us. 

I bite back my lip, inhaling deep as I tried to catch my tears before it falls. My heart is just shattering into bits with all that has happened. It lead me into insanity, and total loss of direction. 

What do I do now? 

5 years had passed, I learned to pick myself up. 5 years that felt like eternity, because healing was definitely a slow process. I never knew the best medicine for a heartache, but time was the only prescription I knew. I tried to reflect on Junmyeon's words before he left me. He was right indeed. I had been narrow-minded, self-centered and way over emotional. But I couldn't succumb on self-condemnation, because i knew that he was at fault too. We were both on the wrong and that is one thing I learned that changed my view on life. No one is right and wrong in a relationship when conflict arises, because by that moment  love is starting to be kicked aside, because anger and rejection start to infest the heart. Emotions are not to control you, thus they should enhance you.

I already picked up the lesson from that past, and I have no regrets on going through it all. 

Things happen for a reason, and I hope Junmyeon had learned something good from the experience we shared back then, like I how I've come to cherish a sad memory and use it as something to strengthen me on facing the things that lie ahead of my days. 

I have heard that God once came down to this earth and genuinely loved His creation, even when His own creation killed his mortal entity, and yet He still Loved despite it all.It compelled me on how Love is painful yet it can heal itself in a matter of faith. It was another side of love that I haven't seen before, they called it Agape. which meant unconditional love. I once saw Junmyeon giving me that kind of love, but it had limits. 

I'm sure that I'm receiving that kind of love and hoped that Junmyeon is getting that too. So I wrote him a letter today, where I poured my heart out, said my apologies, forgiveness and gratitude. I also stated that I will always love him. It was something I wrote not because I wanted to have him back but to simply tell him what I should have told years ago, and to wish him well on his own journey in life. 

"Noona, this is one hell of a letter. Are you sure you don't plan on making Hyung cry?" Chanyeol gaped after i granted him permission on reading the letter I wrote. 

I just chuckled at my brother's amusing reaction.

"I haven't seen him after a long while, and it's better to settle things before its too late. Besides, getting invited at his wedding wasn't anything I expected at all." I couldn't help but smile at the memory of receiving a small invitation from him, with a small post-it note that said "I'm sorry, and I missed you :)" 

I could see peripherally how my brother is scrutinizing my facial expression, "You know, I'm very proud to have a Strong-willed Noona like you."

"Aww you Big Baby! Come and give your sister a big hug." 

 

~Fin


[Author Notes:] So this was for the one who requested a SuRong one shot based on the song "Fairy Tale Love". I hope you enjoyed reading it, and I have the XiuRong request on construction. ^_^ I was torn with updating, but I chose to publish it. so yeah~ Have a nice day. I'll see you around~