The Moment

Cowardly Loves

Moment — Changmin (2AM)

 

"I miss you, Jongin!"

Jongin's heart races. "Erm.... well... I miss you, too... But not THAT kind of miss.... I mean you're my friend so I DO miss you... But you know... You have a boyfriend and so... No, it doesn't mean like I don't miss you but-"

"I like you, Jongin."

Jongin gasps, mouth opens for something to come out but nothing come out. 

"I've like you all along..." Eun-gi reaches out to Jongin and embraces him.

Jongin just stands there wondering whether it is real.

"Jongin..."

Oh my god!

"Jongin-ah"

This can't be happening.

"Jongin!"

But it feels so good.

"YAH KIM JONGIN!!!!!!!!"

Wait-

Ouch!

Jongin opens his eyes to see a blue marker rolling off from his desk and drops onto the floor. He raises his head to see everyone staring at him.

"DOES THIS CLASS LOOK LIKE A BEDROOM TO YOU??!!!"

Jongin just puts his head down. Everyone is laughing at him, including Eun-gi.

He glares at her. Why the heck does he have to dream about her anyway?

"KIM JONGIN. DETENTION. AFTER SCHOOL!!!"

Jongin sighs. He's busted.

-

"Why do you have to sleep in class anyway?" 

Jongin drops a pile of books on the floor and starts to put it one by one on the shelf. "I was sleepy that's why."

His teacher was very angry at him. She ordered him to help out at the library until 9 o'clock. Students have long gone home so there are only 3 people in the library; him, Eun-gi, and the liberian. 

"You don't sleep at night? What do you do? Watching ?" Eun-gi mocks from the table, eyes never leave her manga book.

Jongin rolls his eyes. "Yeah and I e."

Eun-gi chuckles. "By the way, you know Mr. Park?"

Jongin thinks for a second. "Oh, the new Ahjusshi that just moved into 402?"

"Yeah, he invites us neighbors to his housewarming party this Friday."

"Are you going to go?"

Eun-gi nods. "It's good to know your neighbors. You?"

"Erm... I'll go too, then."

Jongin glances at the clock and back at Eun-gi.

"What's with you, today?"

Eun-gi looks up from her book. "What'd you mean?" 

"Why are you still here at this hour?" It was almost nine. Normally, Sehun would walk her home after school. "Don't you go home with Sehun?"

Eun-gi shrugs. "I just wanna accompany you today."

Jongin secretly smiles.

"Come to think of it, after dating Sehun, I haven't hung out with you often. I was having this idea that maybe I am a bad friend." 

"Nah, you're not."

"I just hope our friendship last forever. I really treasure you as a friend."

Oh, did she just friendzoned him?

Jongin just chuckles. Of course, he treasures her too. More than she ever realizes.

After that, both of them fell into deep silent.

Jongin is thinking hard.

"How are you and Sehun? Does he treat you well?"

Because if he doesn't, Jongin will make sure to teach Sehun a lesson. Or two. 

"He does. He's a really sweet boyfriend, you know."

Jongin smiles bitterly. Afterall...

"I am glad."

~~~~

"Say, Jongin ah..."

"Hmm?"

"I..."

"What?" Jongin turns a bit as they're walking. Eun-gi hesitated.

"Can I hold your hand as we walk?"

What the f?

Jongin pauses and gives the girl in front of him a surprised look yet tries to hide it.

"Why?" he sounds happy for some reason. "You like me now? You don't like Sehun anymore?"

"You idiot." Eun-gi smacks him then clings onto his arm like a helpless child. "I'm scared of the dark."

Oh.

Jongin breathes sadly. "I know that. I'm kidding, you know. I love kidding." 

"Idiot."

No one says anything after that. Both of them just walk quietly and once in a while, Jongin would caress her hand without her noticing. He has to enjoy this moment because it's not gonna be here for him forever.

"It's cold."

"Yeah."

Yeah. It's cold in his heart too.