Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Huff, huff, huff.” That’s all you can hear in that little girl’s voice. Her heavy breathing echoes through the dimlit forest. The moon peers over top the trees’ silhouette as she runs as fast as her legs can carry her. The rustling of the leaves beneath her feet crackle and follow her as she tries to escape from her worst fear. Demons.

 

These humongous, inhumane creatures, chase after her like a leopard going after their prey. Over 10 feet tall and broad shoulders, they have the ugly body of a gorilla, the head of a wolf and beady red eyes that seem to be luminous all on their own. They stop in their tracks to howl at the moon for a couple of seconds, then continue chasing after her.

 

Since she was 2, she has been kidnapped by a witch and has been alone in that cabin, being fed anonymously and far away from her castle home. For 16 years that she’s been trapped in that tiny cabin, she finally gets her chance to escape, only to find that she’s been cursed. Cursed with the inability to be leaving that god forsaken cabin in the middle of the woods. She sneaked out to find a way back to where she belonged, but she was cursed to be hunted down if she ever left.

 

Now, she’s running for her life. Running for freedom. Running for a hope and dream that she can get out and go home again. She’s been running all night now. Her feet are sore, her legs are cramping and her lungs are making breathing a sin. The beasts are faster than she’ll ever be and are quickly gaining up on her. Then, an unfortunate trip happens. The last thing she’d ever want is to trip over a root from a nearby tree and sprain her ankle. She can’t get up.

 

Another howl was heard before one of the demons pounce on top of her, nailing her arms and legs to the muddy ground. The beast’s breath is hot and heavy, pressing against her face. She screams and attempts to thrash at it’s face but there’s no use. She’s immobilized. She screams for help when she knew that there’s going to be no answer. Tears roll down her face as the beast lifts up its right arm, ready to scratch her to death.

 

She squinted her eyes and screamed once more when the weight of the demon has suddenly disappeared. Scared, she slowly opens her eyes as her saviour takes the beasts down one by one with his sword. His navy blue jacket flutters as he runs, revealing the brown o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter